Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Hailan Rising Closed Beta / Trailer

This is a discussion on Hailan Rising Closed Beta / Trailer within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Ha i remember when CaliMaestro came on the official xigg forums and said he was leaving to start his new ...
Page: 2

Ha i remember when CaliMaestro came on the official xigg forums and said he was leaving to start his new mmorpg. That was YEARS ago. So obviously they put some time and effort into this, so dont bomb it right away.

lolz any KOXP for that crap planned already???

CaliMaestro

Hey again all,

I just wanted to take a second to respond to the questions and statements in the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by sexyswed View Post
    Not that i wanna go down on you, but how do u expect anyone to sign up after the betrayal from G1 in every single game?

I just can't see it can you?

You might have created the best game ever but u and all in gamersfirst simply have not cared what so ever when it comes to other titles published by GamersFirst.

Because of this simple reason im not going to sign up, nor try it out on official release

I can understand where you are coming from, as it probably seems that way. I can only speak for myself and my history at G1 - and I am proud to say that most G1 players will tell you that CaliMaestro did whatever was in his power to help any player/clan/customer in any way that I could. I can't tell you how many hundreds of bugged clans I restored, how many bugged characters I fixed, how many hacked players I helped.

These are the reasons that I was put in charge of building Hailan Rising. Our team has built a game that takes security into mind from the ground up. My personal goal to you, because as one of our players you DESERVE it, is to provide you with a game that cannot be hacked to death - game that is clean and secure.

This game is my dream, and has been years in the making. Why did we make it to begin with? Because we were unhappy with what service we could offer due to the lack of game security in other titles.

I promise you this, if you check out HR... I am making it my vow and promise to take care of our players.

Quote Originally Posted by Helseth View Post
    who shoots dragons with flaming arrows
    Actually, Bard killed Smaug with a single arrow in The Hobbit =P

Quote Originally Posted by Yoav View Post
    I learned my lesson by having to beg for 2 months in order to get my items/coins restored after getting hacked on KO.

No matter how interesting a game may seem, I'm never gonna play it if it's run by a company with such shitty customer support.
    Again, I'm going to only ask you to trust me. This game is far different in that we have the experience to know this time around. The honest truth is, the games of ours that you have played in the past were developed over 10 years ago. We have taken all security into mind to build Hailan Rising. Our approach to CS - fix bugs, balance as needed, prevent dupes, let the server instead of the client handle combat abilities, etc... Preventative measures that we had our hands tied in in regards to other games as we couldn't touch the code. We wrote the HR code ourselves, and my team and I will maintain it as needed.

Quote Originally Posted by ilterates View Post
    I will try it just because of the effort I see from you
    Much appreciated. This is all the I can ask of you. I just want everyone to know that the reason we spent 2+ years developing our own game is because we are so passionate about giving you guys the game that you deserve. I'm not sure if you remember, but I left the company some years ago - then came back shortly after just to build this game. That is how serious I was then about taking care of you guys, and I remain that dedicated to the cause now.

Quote Originally Posted by loveya View Post
    I will play this, whens beta??
    You can register at the link above. We are in a polish / bug eradication phase at the moment. Hopefully we can slide into opening the CB servers soon.

Quote Originally Posted by ashet View Post
    I hope everyone with strong opinions on game balance joins closed beta. Our community has so much experience and knowledge. It can spot good or bad PK a mile off. Fixing stuff now is the easiest time. This is not a final product testing server loads its a real beta.
    What Ashet said. Those who are involved in the CB are going to be helping the game team itself get the balance the way the community wants it. We communicate with our forum community daily, and that line of communication is going to be even greater once we get into CB. Anyone who wants to have a say so in how an MMORPG is balanced... here is your chance.

Quote Originally Posted by loveya View Post
    What I liked about this game is that it looked just like darkfall PvP wise, I played DF and I loved it but I lagged to much there, so i am atleast give this one a try and see how it goes
    We actually have had quite a few people from the Darkfall boards send me a PM saying that they found the game through others in their community who have been following the game.

Quote Originally Posted by TearzOfFearz View Post
    Ha i remember when CaliMaestro came on the official xigg forums and said he was leaving to start his new mmorpg. That was YEARS ago. So obviously they put some time and effort into this, so dont bomb it right away.
    Correct you are =)

Thanks a ton guys. Even if the feedback is critical, I want to hear it. If I win over just one person who has left us, mission complete. Our team goal here is to provide you with FUN.

-CaliMaestro

Does that game also have those insane premium prices KO has? lol.

Haveyouseenmybeartibbers? Senior Member JDizzle's Avatar

i miss linus... he did stuff for the community constantly

El Gran Tanke Senior Member gimmecookiesnao's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Belgske View Post

thats true... hopefully u arent gonna be charging 40 bucks a month for shit >.>

BK Programmer Senior Member sexyswed's Avatar

@CaliMaestro, you are completely missing my point. I'm not looking for uniquely done things by individuals. Yes you did restore clans, you helped hacked characters, you also ignored players when u had too much on "to do list". But this is not my point, my point is that you all at G1 screwed up big time.

1. Every Single game host right now (excludeing HR that is not launched yet) has over 50% players that use cheats. And im not talking for just Knight Online but every single game.

2. The current game masters of G1 are not working for the players. To actually Quote what Enceno said: I see no reason to logg any other server beside C-West because i don't understand the turkish players.

3. The current Game Master in USKO aka Athenrye is not working for the players at all. And im talking corruption big time. I think it was 2 weeks ago, Athenrye actually logged Edana 2. I pm'ed her and recieved an auto bann as respond to "Hi, are you the GM". And meanwhile Every Auto-Miner in moradon was left alone. They are still Mineing threre 2 weeks later and that's just pathetic.

I could list alot of bad things........

But im not here to speak about what happened in the past. Im here to say, since no one actually care about the hosted games, i see no reason why we (as players) should accept a cheat free game as an appology....

Hell yea cali, imma give it a shot when i can, im almost done wt milcap, 3 months till Army 11 bravo bct.

i am gonna give it a try. C-West's been dead lately

Banned

Please keep the flames to a minimum.

Constructive feedback is different from "fuck you".

This topic is no different from any other topic in that regards. Please respect the forum rules or refrain from posting all together.

Ill try it out, but is it possible to have some infos about the game? system req. maybe( Hell ya, im playing on a notebook, gg.)?

Ignore Me Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by eupheuz View Post
    Ill try it out, but is it possible to have some infos about the game? system req. maybe( Hell ya, im playing on a notebook, gg.)?
    I don't know what hardware the closed beta will target. Or if Cali will do more follow ups than he has in this thread.

But the eventual release should have high and low graphic version clients and PC/Mac compatibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Belgske View Post
    Most likely it will like any other game,because you gotta make money somehow,but hopefully not 40$ a month xD

Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    hahahahaha NOBODY IS GOING TO PLAY THAT SHIT

maybe ashet
    hahhaha.... +1 and big true

Ignore Me Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Baruska View Post
    hahhaha.... +1 and big true
    We will see. APB and Fallen Earth dev teams are involved. Both those games are bigger than Knight Online.

I'll be surprised if it does as bad as Knight Online.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast