Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Which is hardest ?

This is a discussion on Which is hardest ? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; If archer is so easy why arent there so many good ones?[/b] Good point.. anyone gotta answer?...
Page: 8

If archer is so easy why arent there so many good ones?[/b]
    Good point.. anyone gotta answer?

Good point.. anyone gotta answer?[/b]
    People arent archers because.. ill say it again, its boring. Most people hate the fact you have to always stand still while attacking, most sins have been a archer, probably a good one if they can play sin right, it just bores them so they stay as a sin as it takes more effort to be good at one.

Most people aren't archers because either a. they think it's boring and don't want to play it which is just choice, or b. they aren't good at it. When I started as a sin on another server I was amazed to see the archers always getting slammed as being noob etc. I tried archer and I found it was very difficult to pwn and stay alive. At the time I was just "ok" as sin but I thought it would be a good challenge to make a kick ass archer. When a new server came out at the time I decided to go with several friends to the new server (they are gone now but I made great friends any way) and I made a kick ass archer + "learned" the skills needed to play it. Although I enjoyed sin, I luv playing archer. I get every douche in game wanting to vs and despite losing, I win, and win a lot. I might not win every vs and don't vs warriors with 12k hp and sick def (like that is real hard to play, please) but I do vs many warriors, sins, mages etc and have beaten many which really only shames them since I'm the weak easy target archer.

To say archer uses one skill is simply ignorant. We ice, stun, styx, shower, cure, lupine, blah blah blah while potting lfing and trying to get kills. And no not every kill is a ks, again, you must be a complete idiot to think such a thing.

Some of the best pk I've ever had has been playing archer, esp in a pty with other archers or mages. I have also tried lvl 80 sin, wow it's fun too but don't think for a second it's harder to run up and hit someone with those skills while stealthed then it is to stand in the open as an archer and easy target to boot and try to stay alive. I've also played priest lvl 80 and that is fun too, esp duffing and tanking completely outnumbered and not dying, it amazes me the priests who can stay a live through all the canceled heals. I haven't played high level mage but have played mage and do think that being a good mage is extremely tough. And no, I don't think warrior is tough to play at all. Almost all warriors run around with priests and the ones that don't just go after others they can beat easily and then town if they can't. Alot of them just town when you ice them over and over any way.

What it comes down to is all classes require skills to be good, get kills, keep your party alive, etc. Archer is one of the toughest to play well and anyone who says otherwise just simply doesn't know or just doesn't like the class.

Most people aren't archers because either a. they think it's boring and don't want to play it which is just choice, or b. they aren't good at it. When I started as a sin on another server I was amazed to see the archers always getting slammed as being noob etc. I tried archer and I found it was very difficult to pwn and stay alive. At the time I was just "ok" as sin but I thought it would be a good challenge to make a kick ass archer. When a new server came out at the time I decided to go with several friends to the new server (they are gone now but I made great friends any way) and I made a kick ass archer + "learned" the skills needed to play it. Although I enjoyed sin, I luv playing archer. I get every douche in game wanting to vs and despite losing, I win, and win a lot. I might not win every vs and don't vs warriors with 12k hp and sick def (like that is real hard to play, please) but I do vs many warriors, sins, mages etc and have beaten many which really only shames them since I'm the weak easy target archer.

To say archer uses one skill is simply ignorant. We ice, stun, styx, shower, cure, lupine, blah blah blah while potting lfing and trying to get kills. And no not every kill is a ks, again, you must be a complete idiot to think such a thing.

Some of the best pk I've ever had has been playing archer, esp in a pty with other archers or mages. I have also tried lvl 80 sin, wow it's fun too but don't think for a second it's harder to run up and hit someone with those skills while stealthed then it is to stand in the open as an archer and easy target to boot and try to stay alive. I've also played priest lvl 80 and that is fun too, esp duffing and tanking completely outnumbered and not dying, it amazes me the priests who can stay a live through all the canceled heals. I haven't played high level mage but have played mage and do think that being a good mage is extremely tough. And no, I don't think warrior is tough to play at all. Almost all warriors run around with priests and the ones that don't just go after others they can beat easily and then town if they can't. Alot of them just town when you ice them over and over any way.

What it comes down to is all classes require skills to be good, get kills, keep your party alive, etc. Archer is one of the toughest to play well and anyone who says otherwise just simply doesn't know or just doesn't like the class.[/b]
    Hypocrite? You call people ignorant for thinking archers only do one thing, then you say how a sin only "hit someone with those skills while stealthed".
    Sins can play as much as a support in a party as archers, even more in some cases.

ArminVanBuuren

Hypocrite? You call people ignorant for thinking archers only do one thing, then you say how a sin only "hit someone with those skills while stealthed".
    Sins can play as much as a support in a party as archers, even more in some cases.[/b]
    But you have to admit that most sins (maybe 90%) doesn't help as a supporter character, do they?

I'm a sin, and from what I've seen (at least from my own server) is that most sins don't even care about supporting skills at all...I have to admit that sometimes I get so involved in the killing that I just forget for a while (then I awake and run back to help :P ) But since assassins have been given the "attacker" tytle, they never work as a supporter...the best char to solo along with BP...this makes them forget about the party, and if you go Ares' Ardream you'll even see sins waiting for the unswifted priest to catch up to cure them (omg, I've even seen this at CZ).

Being an archer takes skill also, and I've been a sin 4 years, so I can say both rogue and sin take skills to play with (however, I don't call having skill to press buttons in your keyboard lol) but archer asks for some better strategy...Sins have some advantages, as I explained before, over the archers, and that's why most people uses them, not just because they think they are boring...they may think that because 80% of a server says so, so none even try.

Archers just don't stay and shoot. You need to know when to move and keep your distance from the enemy...if you see the enemy coming, you need a perfect timing between running a bit, stopping, shooting again, and running again without losing the distance that keeps you alive...if you get the enemy close, then you need to know how to react in order to A) distract the enemy long enough to move away, B) avoid the most damage caused by the enemy and C) keeping distance to be both supportive and be supported if you are in a party. The three of them are difficult to do at the same time, specially since most of the archers, as you may have noticed, have to sacrifice AC and HP for damage, which makes this even harder for them...as an experiment, give an average stipend to both a sin and an archer lvl 70 both, and you'll see the archer goes with chitins instead of the shells the sin is wearing, and most of the archer's jewels give no HP and maybe less AC than the sin's ones...now with howling rooster a bit of an advantage has been given, but an archer will always take dext over other stats in order to not only being a supporter character that is expected to stay away from fighting.

I'm a sin, and I know how to be both killer and supporter atm...it is hard, trust me, but it's harder do so while being an archer, and yeah, I have played both to say so. (In fact, I'm still having access to a DCZ archer atm :P )

af424

People saying archer is boring coz they dont know how to play them. In fact, I the same, thought it's skill-less before playing it. But indeed, it's just coz most just know how to shoot from far away, and found it boring pressing the same skills. (btw, aint warriors just the same? lol)

I switch between sin & archer in a while. I like both! Being an archer needs to be strategical, tht's wt I like about them the most. (esp. in bdw^^) But I miss minor combo and the 1vs1 sometimes, tht's why I switch between them in a while.

Both (in fact, all) classes can be boring, it's only when u know how to play it tht makes it fun.

Cheers! ^^

NaidenZ

I'd say assasin

I like to play as rogue assassin , being an Archer you can't do too much alone you will need a party almost always for kill something... unless you are pro kser or with uber items X:

idk

Banned

and what makes you think i cant do all that shit? also ITS IMPOSSIBLE for you to beat lvl 80s with that gear or they should be complete dumb

minor + combo isnt hard if you're not an idiot[/b]
    i wont answer u just ask around in manes and ull see

there are combo and combo!

didnt read all but anyone can spam buttons fast for minor adn do a combo with the other its not that hard...

archer is more strategic like when to ice light styx etc and helps more in party

id say there equal

but archer>sin

El Gran Tanke Senior Member gimmecookiesnao's Avatar

put but thses parties vs each other... whou would win?

2 duffers/party heal 6 archers
    vs
    2 duff/party and 6 mages
    vs
    2 duffers/party heal 6 warrios
    vs
    2 duffers/party heal 6 sins..
    i wonder..

keep in mind arhcers have a high chance of cancelling heals with normall attacks..

Tired of people saying that archer is so easy. It might be easy for you to run around and ks people but it takes skill to play support, styx the priests at the right time, take down mages, slow the warriors and cure whoever needs it. Theres a reason why alot of people dont play archer, I will admit that it takes very nice gear to make a powerful archer, but when you say you cant 1v1? ive been 70+ warriors and lvl 75 sins with only a dd helm and quest belt. I do have dual rols dual HR chit 8s and ib+8 and only wp but i still take down sins that are higher level then me, even with there "minor combo" which anyone can do but you must be skilled to be very good at it. If archer is so easy why arent there so many good ones? Point made. Sin is easier to learn which is why everyone plays it. I would take 8v8 of archers vs sins and archers would win every time[/b]

i like ur policy xD

Cadence96

I haven't read all...
    But I think both classes require different types of skill.

Assassin:
    -Finger skill for pressing all the 8 buttons
    -Hand skill for using both hands with the same timing.
    -Good eye in a fight to see the cooldown of the skill and pots, while seeing your mana and HP.
    -Intelligence to know "how and where to move" and "what combo to use in what situation"
    -Strong nerves for not losing the combo-minor rhythm if your hp is dropping fast.

For Archer I don't know much bcz I never was one :P

PD: after a good fight the assassin ends up sweating.

ArminVanBuuren

I haven't read all...
    But I think both classes require different types of skill.

Assassin:
    -Finger skill for pressing all the 8 buttons
    -Hand skill for using both hands with the same timing.
    -Good eye in a fight to see the cooldown of the skill and pots, while seeing your mana and HP.
    -Intelligence to know "how and where to move" and "what combo to use in what situation"
    -Strong nerves for not losing the combo-minor rhythm if your hp is dropping fast.

For Archer I don't know much bcz I never was one :P

PD: after a good fight the assassin ends up sweating. [/b]
    After a good fight, the good assassin is the one that hasn't even sweat :P

I wouldn't call skill being able to press all the 8 buttons in a sequence or using both hands with the same timing...oh, look, I can type on microsoft word with both hands at the same time...it is THE SAME. I don't even use both hands for comboing...several times...depending on the situation I have even tanked some bosses while holding a drink on my right hand...on duels I just need one hand on keyboard always, and if I want to minor with the keyboard, the same, it is not so difficult.

None of the characters demand being skilled to play...playing well a computer game is not being skilled, is just being able to get used to it...some can, some others can't...happens even while playing PS or Wii.

I agree at something Cadence said...both classes need having not skill, but a good sense of strategy since both have different playing styles.

Cadence96

After a good fight, the good assassin is the one that hasn't even sweat :P

I wouldn't call skill being able to press all the 8 buttons in a sequence or using both hands with the same timing...oh, look, I can type on microsoft word with both hands at the same time...it is THE SAME. I don't even use both hands for comboing...several times...depending on the situation I have even tanked some bosses while holding a drink on my right hand...on duels I just need one hand on keyboard always, and if I want to minor with the keyboard, the same, it is not so difficult.

None of the characters demand being skilled to play...playing well a computer game is not being skilled, is just being able to get used to it...some can, some others can't...happens even while playing PS or Wii.

I agree at something Cadence said...both classes need having not skill, but a good sense of strategy since both have different playing styles.[/b]
    Every action requires some type of skill. Even opening a candy or washing the hair.... An example is that all people can press buttons but not all people can press buttons without seeing those.
    Why do you think there are people that uses minor pedal, it is because they aren't handed-skilled enough and they try to hide their mediocrity.

Well I said it is necessary to have a good timing using both hands while comboing, and it is because each hand do a different work. It's not a single action as typing. It is two main actions: comboing (pressing different buttons rhythmly) and minoring (pressing a button the fastest possible way, while potting). With two hands the assassin has to do four actions: combo, lighfeet, minor, and repotting.

ArminVanBuuren

Every action requires some type of skill. Even opening a candy or washing the hair.... An example is that all people can press buttons but not all people can press buttons without seeing those.
    Why do you think there are people that uses minor pedal, it is because they aren't handed-skilled enough and they try to hide their mediocrity.

Well I said it is necessary to have a good timing using both hands while comboing, and it is because each hand do a different work. It's not a single action as typing. It is two main actions: comboing (pressing different buttons rhythmly) and minoring (pressing a button the fastest possible way, while potting). With two hands the assassin has to do four actions: combo, lighfeet, minor, and repotting.[/b]
    I find it better to pot, combo and light feet with left hand while controling the minor healing with mouse, because having the right hand in mouse all the time I have better movement for my char...I can avoid better and can chase in a better way the enemies than while using both hands and then hop to mouse for light feeting or moving.

Cadence96

I find it better to pot, combo and light feet with left hand while controling the minor healing with mouse, because having the right hand in mouse all the time I have better movement for my char...I can avoid better and can chase in a better way the enemies than while using both hands and then hop to mouse for light feeting or moving.[/b]
    That's right.
    Runner and chaser assassin for mass pk situations. (keyboard&mouse)
    Two handed assassin for combo-versus situations. (keyboard &keyboard)

However using mouse for comboing in a versus isn't too good IMO.
    The same way, using both hands in a party assault would reduce movement freedom.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast