Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Have players stopped playing KO the way it should be played?

This is a discussion on Have players stopped playing KO the way it should be played? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by nyox You are aware that kids play games right? that being said, it's none of your business ...
Page: 2

Quote Originally Posted by nyox View Post
    You are aware that kids play games right? that being said, it's none of your business what i do with my life. I don't get why you're being so agressive about this. I tried to understand that point of view, but i can't.
    Is that right? "out of curiosity.. if you can't afford to babashop but you can afford to spend hours on a game, why don't you work a bit more?" is a logical, unaggressive and, in this case, rhetorical question.

Aggression would be something along the lines of "Get a job and be more competitive, you whinging phaggot". A clarifying example for you.

I think you've misconstrued what I'm getting at. Of course it's none of my business what you do with your life; or moreover, I don't care about your life at all. I'm simply establishing why;

a) It is more time efficient and cost effective to babashop rather than grind,

b) Viewing babashopping in terms of a 'safe investment' is nonsensical, seeing as a virtual goods are, realistically, more of a service than a good (enhancement of game-play).

Quote Originally Posted by Zealous View Post
    Is that right? "out of curiosity.. if you can't afford to babashop but you can afford to spend hours on a game, why don't you work a bit more?" is a logical, unaggressive and, in this case, rhetorical question.

Aggression would be something along the lines of "Get a job and be more competitive, you whinging phaggot". A clarifying example for you.

I think you've misconstrued what I'm getting at. Of course it's none of my business what you do with your life; or moreover, I don't care about your life at all. I'm simply establishing why;

a) It is more time efficient and cost effective to babashop rather than grind,

b) Viewing babashopping in terms of a 'safe investment' is nonsensical, seeing as a virtual goods are, realistically, more of a service than a good (enhancement of game-play).

I did not get what you mean at first, i'm sorry. But your argument goes against the point of this game, in my opinion. I know very well people can baba, just didn't expect such few people to farm with ..

Quote Originally Posted by nyox View Post
    I did not get what you mean at first, i'm sorry. But your argument goes against the point of this game, in my opinion. I know very well people can baba, just didn't expect such few people to farm with ..

u are playing an 8-9 years old game ..whoever left stays for the joy of PK mostly and very few spend the countless hours we used to when we 1st started playing..I used to think just like you when ppl started using U.S.D for items but as the time passed i realized its just the same thing.. other people got time to spend to gear up while others counterpart the lack of time(or their unwillingness to spend time on the game) with baba. Just right now its more noticeable since the player pool is reducing and whoever left is pointing more to baba than to farm..

agree with Jim and others, this trend is an evolution of a really old game (by industry standards, KO is ancient). the people who have stayed with it have reached the highest lvls of gears/83, and these guys set the standard for PK. when new ppl come and want to be competitive, this is the standard they see so try to match it as quick and easy as they can, which is to baba.

I dont really see issue with it, as long as ppl dont make stupid or foolhardy decisions (ie spend money on KO instead of on feeding family or paying bills). what OP seems to want to do is go back in time to an era in the game where ppl could spend hours getting killing mobs solely for drops and build a good char this way; problem is game will never go backward in time, only forward. thats why I can still play KO without losing my marbles, cuz if I kept trying to make it like used to be when I played back in 05-07, it would never work, like banging ur head on a brick wall. either u evolve with the game, or u end up leaving it behind. no other options to be had imo (unless ur just nuts)
    KayaNOW likes this.

human nature tend to take it the easyest way.
    if someone know hacking is easyer they will do it..

the real money auction house broke diablo 3 in much the same way as "babashopping" broke this game. you can only go so far until you are forced to set a limit for yourself, or pay real money to go beyond that limit ingame. at that point you're just paying for a higher number on a screen which... just doesnt feel the same as, say, the first time i ever went to the Abyss and farmed cave leeches all day on a lvl 44 int preist with a friend, then went way too far in and got owned by wraiths. i guess your only real option is to look for a reasonably new mmorpg that factors in some sort of grinding or farming that you miss; possibly something like the crafting and mining system in runescape.. just.. not runescape.

Quote Originally Posted by jessupar View Post
    the real money auction house broke diablo 3 in much the same way as "babashopping" broke this game. you can only go so far until you are forced to set a limit for yourself, or pay real money to go beyond that limit ingame. at that point you're just paying for a higher number on a screen which... just doesnt feel the same as, say, the first time i ever went to the Abyss and farmed cave leeches all day on a lvl 44 int preist with a friend, then went way too far in and got owned by wraiths. i guess your only real option is to look for a reasonably new mmorpg that factors in some sort of grinding or farming that you miss; possibly something like the crafting and mining system in runescape.. just.. not runescape.
    Funny you mention runescape. They just released Runescape 07 which is like going back in time. Oh well, I'm playing it and loving it. Better than this shit game =D

Quote Originally Posted by Crabster View Post
    Funny you mention runescape. They just released Runescape 07 which is like going back in time. Oh well, I'm playing it and loving it. Better than this shit game =D
    A shit game at whose forums u still post ><

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lavie View Post
    Skill barely seperates a player from the rest in terms of effectiveness in PvP. Gear > skill + dogshit life draining farming forces players who want to compete on an even level into buying items/chars.
    Which is why I'd never survive in today's KO... too reliant on items and any skill gap is easily overlooked by items. I NEVER farmed in old KO. All I used were yellow defense items and my chitin shield... uniques I had were complete shit. It's funny how much people would laugh when they'd PK with me and learn what shit items I was actually using... I think when I quit I was still using a cleric earring... and never had any +1 uniques at all. While everyone else in AHM had at least the best in slot +0's, if not +1's. ..... or +2's once we had castle money for a good amount of time.
    nyox and typ0 like this.

well , most of the ppl that are still playing this game , like me , arent kids anymore , meaning we work / go to college , and have some sort of income , there isnt any reason for us to spend hours and hours getting our gear ( altho i miss that part ) , when we can buy it couse the prices are ridiculous ...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by PijantidisKokvjadis View Post
    well , most of the ppl that are still playing this game , like me , arent kids anymore , meaning we work / go to college , and have some sort of income
    This is true imo, ko doesn't attract new players. And the die hard players who can't let go, even after all the years of shti ko went through, prefer to go the easy way and spend money on it because they can.

I have to say, i do baba for my pot money and random upgrade sessions (few gbs max) and i think nothin's wrong with that.
    The real reason why people stopped farming besides baba is the kindness to help out friends/clannies.

With my income i COULD baba myself enough gear to be in the top in just 1 day, but why would i do that if enough people are looking for farm parties? Escpacially in my clan and friends list?

The moment that people are willing to help friends that don't baba will be the moment that farming will be good again, untill then ur gonna be on ur own.

We all remember the difference between the 20 $/€ u got from ur parents and the 20$€ u got from working... it's a HUGE difference just like the difference between the shard+8 u bought with USD and the shard+8 u dropped from dm's while farming and upgraded to+8 with ur last money for bus and trina.

I can relate this topic to many social problems humans are having on this world, but yeah who cares.
    JimX, nyox, typ0 and 1 others like this.

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

Infractions have been tossed out, posts have been deleted. You know who you are, you know what you were doing. Stop.

Quote Originally Posted by camaz0tz View Post
    Infractions have been tossed out, posts have been deleted. You know who you are, you know what you were doing. Stop.
    Thanks for the clean up camaz0tz.

Quote Originally Posted by FastFingaz View Post
    I have to say, i do baba for my pot money and random upgrade sessions (few gbs max) and i think nothin's wrong with that.
    The real reason why people stopped farming besides baba is the kindness to help out friends/clannies.

With my income i COULD baba myself enough gear to be in the top in just 1 day, but why would i do that if enough people are looking for farm parties? Escpacially in my clan and friends list?

The moment that people are willing to help friends that don't baba will be the moment that farming will be good again, untill then ur gonna be on ur own.

We all remember the difference between the 20 $/€ u got from ur parents and the 20$€ u got from working... it's a HUGE difference just like the difference between the shard+8 u bought with USD and the shard+8 u dropped from dm's while farming and upgraded to+8 with ur last money for bus and trina.

I can relate this topic to many social problems humans are having on this world, but yeah who cares.
    ye ye, now come FA orc side, no worries with finding ppl to farm with u >

Quote Originally Posted by camaz0tz View Post
    unrelated to this post...but cama, get ur ass back here xD

lol the gear matters less the more gg PEOPLE u play with (not baba's mind u). u played with gg's back then, and there remain some in it still.

KO will never be like it was, but as always with any socially-centered thing (online community or IRL, same thing applies), the more u get to know gg people, the funner it becomes. ppl talk a lot of scrap about gear meaning so much moreso than skill, and to a degree thats true. but imo u dont play KO for a long time because u want ur name in the limelight (its a mmorpg ffs....theres no prizes for looking pretty at the top) but cuz u found gg PEOPLE to be around. thats what AHM was for u, its what symbolic was for me. my gears were uber terrible, and I stopped playing mage b4 u lol. but the gear didnt make it any more or less fun..twas people man, people.

disclaimer: if any1 did happen to play KO for all these years cuz they want their name at the top...then to me, their endeavor has been utterly pathetic and 100% worthless ;S

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast