Hi can anyone help me with Mage class?

This is a discussion on Hi can anyone help me with Mage class? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; So I started playing, want to go Human side Mage. I have not played mage before, so i need some ...
Page: 1

Default Hi can anyone help me with Mage class?

So I started playing, want to go Human side Mage. I have not played mage before, so i need some help...

1) How do you locate stat points as a mage? How much should I put in everything?

2) Which type of mage is the best? If this is subjective, then what is your opinion? (Fire/Ice, Ice/Light, etc.)

Thank you

SuperSin Senior Member JayClaiba's Avatar

Fire mage -> damage, good fire exp
    Ice mage -> lesser damage, chance of slow, awesome for exp especially AOE (you'll find out about that at lvl 32 and enjoy a bigger AOE effect at 45)
    Light mage -> stun, great for PvP, especially great for support mage in PvP as at a high level lightning mages can teleport a far distance .Support mage is one which focuses on tping the party members only, not attacking.

I recommend Fire/ice for lvling.
    Once you get about 5-10m coins, purchase a Lycoan (fire) or lobo (if you choose to go ice) staff. They recover mana points whenever you use AOE skills. Great for exping.

Invest your stat points into MP for more damage, but you should also build INT up to 160 (I think, don't get me wrong) so you can wear basic crimson (mage chitin) armor. MP is also required for these armors, so you'll learn what you need as you obtain newer/better armor.

Put MP on your armor to give you more damage, but this won't effect your damage in PvP.
    Put HP on your armor (recommended!) to be a stronger mage, as they naturally have low health points. It is recommended for when you start doing PvP that you don't dump ALL your extra stats into MP as having some stats in HP will benefit you in keeping you alive longer.

Accessories
    For now, use dual flame rings or dual shio tears for ice. Get old one's as they are cheap. These give you bonus flame damage and great defense stats, along with health stats. +3 flame rings and +3 shio tears are the strongest rings you can get for damage, and you can get them for relatively cheap.

pm SuperSin for any help or more questions, don't feel like writing a guide rn. welcome to el morad.

how's ice? i got a staff but if ice is hard to exp with then i can switch it for fire staff

so i just follow how many stat points are needed for armour, right? so follow up to krowaz and staff then dump all into...?

thanks
    Last edited by BeastyBoy; 12-14-2014 at 01:42 PM.

so overall what's best? I started as fire but can still change... people tell me fire is best to exp but others tell me ice is cuz it can keep slowing em so u can farm stuff like harpies... so confused D:

yeah im leveling a fire mage atm, pretty good so far, idk about ice tho... yeah it can slow to clear harpies but idk if it can dmg nuff :P

just started playign mage tho so i dont rly know lol