Mac bootcamp?

This is a discussion on Mac bootcamp? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; So my gf wants to start playing ko, but her computer is a mac. I've read that mac comps can ...
Page: 1

Default Mac bootcamp?

So my gf wants to start playing ko, but her computer is a mac. I've read that mac comps can run windows programs after downloading bootcamp. Does anyone have any experience with this? How well does ko run doing this? Thanks for the input.

potoso

maybe you cant, becouse KO work with directx and this API only work with windows

Quote Originally Posted by potoso View Post
    maybe you cant, becouse KO work with directx and this API only work with windows
    I don't know what that means. Can you explain that in a lil more detail?

Former KOK A.d.m.i.n Validating

Boot Camp allows you to install Windows in addition to Mac OS X. So you can play KO by installing Windows and running it.

If you don't know what DirectX is: it's something that games can use to display those pretty graphics you see, and it's part of Windows. However, I don't think that just the absence of DirectX is the thing that would stop you from running games on other systems since you have Wine for that. It's the security features (APR) that usually dig deep into the system and will fail when not run on Windows.

Quote Originally Posted by gyorokpeter View Post
    Boot Camp allows you to install Windows in addition to Mac OS X. So you can play KO by installing Windows and running it.

If you don't know what DirectX is: it's something that games can use to display those pretty graphics you see, and it's part of Windows. However, I don't think that just the absence of DirectX is the thing that would stop you from running games on other systems since you have Wine for that. It's the security features (APR) that usually dig deep into the system and will fail when not run on Windows.
    She doesn't have antivirus since she has a mac. I guess she thinks viruses don't work on macs. From what I understand all bootcamp will do is run windows os on her intel hardware. Do you think she will have problems with ko's apr?

I have a Macbook pro and have been using Windows via Bootcamp on it and running EVERY game imaginable without any problems.

In regards to viruses, as long as you don't visit suspicious sites or open unknown programs you should be fine.

The process is simple. Once you have a Windows CD go to "Boot Camp Assistant" on your mac and simply follow the instructions and capiche! you're done.

I have windows on my mac book air via bootcamp. It's very laggy when playing KO( prolly because mac book air is pretty weak compare to mac pro). Bootcamp pretty much split ur hard drive in half, so u'll have space to install windows. When u turn on computer it'll give u option to choose windows or mac for log in.

Cool. Thanks for the info guys.

Isn't it just installing a second OS on your PC when you use bootcamp?

If windows can run on your pc, then you will be able to play KO I guess. It is a separate OS, so it has nothing to do with Mac OS.

Notorious P.A.T Senior Member AsSaiLaNT9082's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fugar View Post
    I have a Macbook pro and have been using Windows via Bootcamp on it and running EVERY game imaginable without any problems.

In regards to viruses, as long as you don't visit suspicious sites or open unknown programs you should be fine.

The process is simple. Once you have a Windows CD go to "Boot Camp Assistant" on your mac and simply follow the instructions and capiche! you're done.
    You have to buy the Windows OS CD for it to work? or does the program come with it ?

jlacroix

Quote Originally Posted by AsSaiLaNT9082 View Post
    You have to buy the Windows OS CD for it to work? or does the program come with it ?
    You need your own Windows Install disc.

EDIT: AsSaiLaNT9082 beat me to it.

u need to DL and install bootcamp 1st. You'll need windows disc to install window after splitting up the hardrive

Quote Originally Posted by AsSaiLaNT9082 View Post
    You don't have to buy it...you can just download the file from torrent but you will have to burn it onto a CD as in it'll need to be in a CD in order for it to be installed into a separate partition.