Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

High AP characters!

This is a discussion on High AP characters! within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; So, as I mentioned in another topic in this section, I personally do not see why people would want to ...
Page: 1

/Quit_Game Senior Member sonvicky's Avatar

Default High AP characters!

So, as I mentioned in another topic in this section, I personally do not see why people would want to deck their char out to such a point that they're basically 1-3 hitting anything and everything in their path, but I can also see that a lot of people still do.

Personally, no challenge = no fun, but that's my oppionion on it.

My question is quite simply, how do you guys feel about it? Pros & cons, personal opinions, anything and everything is welcome.

PS. I'm not talking about people that baba a bit because they don't have the time to actually play the game and get the gear themselfs, I'm talking about people that deck themselfs to such an extent that it becomes retarded.

Talking about Carnac-west mainly is prefered but not obligated.

Banned Senior Member

In my "oppionion", they kinda ruin the balance, but one character doesn't affect it so much, a party full of them would totally ruin it.

El Shaddai Senior Member zecabr's Avatar

Well i also dont find it fun to pk on insane gear, im a mage tho dunno how i'd feel as a meele/priest, it might be good incase u have a small group of friends so that way u'll be able to fight against a full pt havin only 3-4 ppl, like 1 extremly geared meele would make up for havin a few meeles only, and also 1 extremly geared priest would tank more ppl and be able to keep an small pt alive, but most of the ppl that extremly baba still go with a full party of those so i dont really get it, aslong as they're having fun its all cool tho, i wouldnt be enjoying pk as a mage having 14k hp and 2k ac coz i wouldnt even need to think about what to do and when to do since i wouldnt die anyways, everyone has a diff concept of "fun" tho.

O_o Senior Member

I had crazy geared chars in the pass and I can tell ya that yeah it's fun to pwn and tank 3-4 ppl but after a while it gets boring... Especialy if you got abit skills unlike most of the crazy geared peeps.

Little archer Senior Member

theres always a challenge though. as you get more gear you can 1 vs X more people

my limit was 1v3 with my shitty gear at cwest, i bet i couldve gone for more with more gear tho lol

Quote Originally Posted by MyDestiny View Post
    I had crazy geared chars in the pass and I can tell ya that yeah it's fun to pwn and tank 3-4 ppl but after a while it gets boring... Especialy if you got abit skills unlike most of the crazy geared peeps.
    I suppose that's more of a players preference, the moment I notice I'm tanking a few people without much trouble, I get bored out of my mind.

I'll agree with the 2nd part thought, I see no fun in running into a full party and knowing you'll be able to get out relativly untouched, compared to someone who actually has to be fast to do what he needs to do and get the hell out.

Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    theres always a challenge though. as you get more gear you can 1 vs X more people

my limit was 1v3 with my shitty gear at cwest, i bet i couldve gone for more with more gear tho lol
    The challenge, as I see it, is when you've got low on gear and are walking up to a big amount of people, now that's interesting.

I can't fully agree that more gear = 1 vs x more people = challenge, because I noticed that once you surpassed a certain amount of gear, there's basically not much that can damage you enough for it to be that much of a challenge. Thinking of Cuban's rogue, running with that rogue in cz was retarded because even if a ton of people jump you, you do such high damages and are inflicted for so low, that there's just no challenge in it anymore.

Jak's RL bro Senior Member keys's Avatar

Because with GG gear, you don't have to be stuck with scrubs who think they're good, and can just pk with 2-3 people and do fine. And I'm not talking retard rogue runaway games with ESSENTIAL or whatever scrub clan, which are fun ofcourse, but I'm saying fighting actual parties and shitting on them.

People don't realize the fun of GG gear if at the same time they're not skilled, it's not only about being able to 1 hit people when they're duffed...

Quote Originally Posted by keys View Post
    Because with GG gear, you don't have to be stuck with scrubs who think they're good, and can just pk with 2-3 people and do fine. And I'm not talking retard rogue runaway games with ESSENTIAL or whatever scrub clan, which are fun ofcourse, but I'm saying fighting actual parties and shitting on them.

People don't realize the fun of GG gear if at the same time they're not skilled, it's not only about being able to 1 hit people when they're duffed...
    I suppose the first part of this depends on class, a good rogue won't need gear nor anyone else but himself in order to do good.

2nd part may be true actually, but then again... Whats the point of having that sort of GG gear that you basically never feel that survival-instinct creeping up on you when you see a ton of people coming right at yah, having to use beast hide and remembering to not pot nor minor for the duration of the stealth until it wears off and you're far enough so that you can restart everything ^^

These things bring back such memories haha, god I love playing sin <3

in ares 80% are mostly full geared , so if you not a over geared over there u wont last much and that wont be fun
    being overgeared in ares is just as normal, cuz mostly every1 is overgeared and then its matter of skills, so i dunno how it feels
    but i agree with you , no challenge = no fun

Quote Originally Posted by getbuffer View Post
    in ares 80% are mostly full geared , so if you not a over geared over there u wont last much and that wont be fun
    being overgeared in ares is just as normal, cuz mostly every1 is overgeared and then its matter of skills, so i dunno how it feels
    Yeah, I can ofcourse understand ALL the OTHER servers, due to how people already are geared there and you either "gear up to the max" to even be able to rival with them or you never will.

However, CW speaking, I'm glad it never has been like that, underdogs whom have skills and just not all gear can beat the babas with the gear and not skills.

Quote Originally Posted by getbuffer View Post
    but i agree with you , no challenge = no fun
    Exactly!

Quote Originally Posted by sonvicky View Post
    I suppose the first part of this depends on class, a good rogue won't need gear nor anyone else but himself in order to do good.

2nd part may be true actually, but then again... Whats the point of having that sort of GG gear that you basically never feel that survival-instinct creeping up on you when you see a ton of people coming right at yah, having to use beast hide and remembering to not pot nor minor for the duration of the stealth until it wears off and you're far enough so that you can restart everything ^^

These things bring back such memories haha, god I love playing sin <3
    Yeah, it didn't take me much to shit on everybody (literally,) but gear made more things possible. If you're actually playing against semi-decent people who know how to target, you need gear to be effective and not just to live. Now to the point where your geared in full +9's and +3's, well that isn't necessary but hell it's fun. You haven't played a sin to it's full potential til your maxed out on GEAR and SKILL, which doesn't happen much sadly.

like i doubt it on cwest nowadays that you can pwn with full geared out like theres a decent amount of humans and orcs who are fully geared which pk alot like BF, Animosity, TT (maybe), Integrity, ComparetheMeerkats.....and it goes on so like theres always +3s vsing +3s but i played BP like that in rlb before and i just loved it although you rape but when your against a duffer, melee and stuff you still gotta put in some skill there like its not all duff, hit, die so ye...so overall in cwest a there are a decent amount of fully geared out ppl so its kinda even on each side

This game is 4/10 skill, 6/10 gear. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavie View Post
    This game is 4/10 skill, 6/10 gear. Period.
    they're more like 2 overlapping spectrum if you feel what i'm saying, bro.

I feel ya bro, its like one of them weird algebraic stuffs, too complicated for me, i'm sure you could figure it out lmao

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast