Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

High AP characters!

This is a discussion on High AP characters! within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; hey in cwest i rocked an 80 warrior with a chaos wiri +7 and krowaz6 and 7 along with olds ...
Page: 2

Senior Member ISpeakEnglishMate's Avatar

hey in cwest i rocked an 80 warrior with a chaos wiri +7 and krowaz6 and 7 along with olds and +1s and i did fine, its a party that can work together along with each others skills
    yes gear does contribute, not like it ever wont, but to say that gear is majority of a players ability? i think thats a tad wrong

Quote Originally Posted by ISpeakEnglishMate View Post
    hey in cwest i rocked an 80 warrior with a chaos wiri +7 and krowaz6 and 7 along with olds and +1s and i did fine, its a party that can work together along with each others skills
    yes gear does contribute, not like it ever wont, but to say that gear is majority of a players ability? i think thats a tad wrong
    ye teamwork is a real big thing when your pking....but i doubt like a full 8ppl party with your gear and teamwork could beat a full pt of BF no offense ^^ but overtime whilst you play you'd obviously get better skill even if you have gear if your retarded maybe you wont improve any of your skillz but i think that in the long run you'll improve your skills even with shit or gg gear

/Quit_Game Senior Member sonvicky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by keys View Post
    Yeah, it didn't take me much to shit on everybody (literally,) but gear made more things possible. If you're actually playing against semi-decent people who know how to target, you need gear to be effective and not just to live. Now to the point where your geared in full +9's and +3's, well that isn't necessary but hell it's fun. You haven't played a sin to it's full potential til your maxed out on GEAR and SKILL, which doesn't happen much sadly.
    I do agree with you that gear does make things more possible, but seems most of the time you reach this "limit" which makes it all boring when the lack of challenge in anything you do just isn't there.

I found it to be fun to play in full +9s and +3s for 5 minutes maybe. Perhaps if more people were geared like that so that they could actually put up some kind of fight, it would be more fun, but when you're basically hitting people for huge damages constantly and there's not much they can do to stop you... It gets lame, FAST.

Quote Originally Posted by sinful View Post
    like i doubt it on cwest nowadays that you can pwn with full geared out like theres a decent amount of humans and orcs who are fully geared which pk alot like BF, Animosity, TT (maybe), Integrity, ComparetheMeerkats.....and it goes on so like theres always +3s vsing +3s but i played BP like that in rlb before and i just loved it although you rape but when your against a duffer, melee and stuff you still gotta put in some skill there like its not all duff, hit, die so ye...so overall in cwest a there are a decent amount of fully geared out ppl so its kinda even on each side
    Not 100% sure if I understood the first few things you mentioned...

Actually, the skill-level on CW is pathetic. Harsh truth, but the truth nontheless. People have gear, they totally lack the skills that should of came with the gear if they had gotten them legit. It's embarassing to see a guy in questies/basic items and a krowaz set +7 beat a guy that clearly has better items and/or is buffed.

Quote Originally Posted by keys View Post
    they're more like 2 overlapping spectrum if you feel what i'm saying, bro.
    +1. I'd still say skills matter more than gear, but I'm talking from my own experience and opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by ISpeakEnglishMate View Post
    Exactly, gear shouldn't do as big of a difference as people think but yeah ofcourse gear does matter. But then again, it's easy to see which people only have gear and which people who have gear AND skills.

ye teamwork is a real big thing when your pking....but i doubt like a full 8ppl party with your gear and teamwork could beat a full pt of BF no offense ^^ but overtime whilst you play you'd obviously get better skill even if you have gear if your retarded maybe you wont improve any of your skillz but i think that in the long run you'll improve your skills even with shit or gg gear
    I've seen people with totally shitty gear beat the crap out of BF, so no offence but gear really doesn't stand a chance against true skills and brains. Aslong as the opponent team were fast and tactical, BF got their asses whopped.

Another thing I realised is that for me, most of my own personal opionions are based off of the rogue class, where skills matter more than gear ever could, but if I had to base them off of a class like warrior.. I can see why you'd want more AP, feeling that you make such a big difference since you're spamming out huge damage constantly and there's really no skills behind how to spam out damage (lol).

Little archer Senior Member

so whats this thread supposed to prove? -_-

It's not supposed to "prove" anything, I just wanted some opionion as to why people love building such high AP characters, like what it is that they feel makes it so much fun? I don't see the fun in it at all, thought it was fun on a warrior.

Just remembered when I logged N1trogen a long time ago in Freestyle, won't lie and say it wasn't fun because it was... But then again, it felt so limited compared to a rogue, so personally I'd still pick a sin with low gear than a warrior with high gear.

Senior Member ISpeakEnglishMate's Avatar

CompareTheMeerkats, had some good/greatly skilled players, and half of which only had mediocre gear, we used to roll the top clans all the time and they would roll us back, its all about which party can benefit out of a single situation, and some, well they have less than mediocre gear, might get a few kills here and there, but never enough to suffice for all the kills the "geared" people got on them

and like you said, sonvicky, those people are easy to spot, because a 6-8 person party will town and leave after being defeated 1 or 2 times, instead of enacting revenge on the party that killed them
    sonvicky likes this.

Banned Regular Member

Quote Originally Posted by sonvicky View Post
    It's not supposed to "prove" anything, I just wanted some opionion as to why people love building such high AP characters, like what it is that they feel makes it so much fun? I don't see the fun in it at all, thought it was fun on a warrior.

Just remembered when I logged N1trogen a long time ago in Freestyle, won't lie and say it wasn't fun because it was... But then again, it felt so limited compared to a rogue, so personally I'd still pick a sin with low gear than a warrior with high gear.
    Honestly.. i dnt like building up my AP on my chars.. i currently play a rogue in dcz EUKO
    i try to get as much AC/Def as possible. forget AP becuase you cant really gain so much in Ardream for the fact that accesories are lvl required their.
    i rock dual old rol's old WP old EME's and old skele/elf belt for more AC. i am currently working on geting eme+1's. should get a bit more of both AC/AP even more HP.

Little archer Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by lFilthy View Post
    Honestly.. i dnt like building up my AP on my chars.. i currently play a rogue in dcz EUKO
    i try to get as much AC/Def as possible. forget AP becuase you cant really gain so much in Ardream for the fact that accesories are lvl required their.
    i rock dual old rol's old WP old EME's and old skele/elf belt for more AC. i am currently working on geting eme+1's. should get a bit more of both AC/AP even more HP.
    can you even wear +1 uniques on dcz? especially if they are emes

no idea why would you go full defense on a low-damage zone like ardream.

theres a threshold that you must surpass AP wise for your damage to actually beat what 720hp pots can heal. otherwise everyone will outheal you. (assuming you're a sin)

since the damage you receive in dcz is the lowest out of any pk zone, i find it best to go ap whore in there. i see no point in tanking 3 people if you cant really kill them. (this goes whether you're a sin or an archer. the difference is that as an archer they become immune the moment they decide to run away and you cant really do much about it with your 250 damage shadowshots)

Hi all. Im an archer. I am also an ap whore. I used to be normal like all, but one day I just stopped caring about playing the game right and more about having fun.
    You cant play this class AP and say its OP. Glass cannon archer is ultra-hard mode, and I dare anyone to say otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Goathorns View Post
    Hi all. Im an archer. I am also an ap whore. I used to be normal like all, but one day I just stopped caring about playing the game right and more about having fun.
    You cant play this class AP and say its OP. Glass cannon archer is ultra-hard mode, and I dare anyone to say otherwise.
    ye thats true man some people just love having fun with over powered gear and feel thats the way they like to play it so no1 can stop them....they might be skilled or underskilled but those guys define their fun with over powered gear and owning....theres a reason why a lot of over powered people left servers....they just played first and got all the gg gear then when people caught up to them they just left it may have been cause they were really badly skilled or they just got bored owning

O_o Senior Member

ye thats true man some people just love having fun with over powered gear and feel thats the way they like to play it so no1 can stop them....they might be skilled or underskilled but those guys define their fun with over powered gear and owning....theres a reason why a lot of over powered people left servers....they just played first and got all the gg gear then when people caught up to them they just left it may have been cause they were really badly skilled or they just got bored owning
    LOL!! The fawk you are talking about?!

I once had gg geared warrior in c west and I stoped playing it and after a while decided to quit simply coz it got boring coz all I had to do was pking and there was like no one who could give a good challenge ( well maybe only Legacy with all their illegal items).. You really think that someone with crazy gear will quit the game just coz few more ppl got gg gear..? Lawl

Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    can you even wear +1 uniques on dcz? especially if they are emes

no idea why would you go full defense on a low-damage zone like ardream.

theres a threshold that you must surpass AP wise for your damage to actually beat what 720hp pots can heal. otherwise everyone will outheal you. (assuming you're a sin)

since the damage you receive in dcz is the lowest out of any pk zone, i find it best to go ap whore in there. i see no point in tanking 3 people if you cant really kill them. (this goes whether you're a sin or an archer. the difference is that as an archer they become immune the moment they decide to run away and you cant really do much about it with your 250 damage shadowshots)
    Watch a sin rolling max ap no dd vs a sin rolling low ap max ac/dd. Only takes 1300 ap to 2 hit someone fully duffed, sacrificing your survivability to the point where you get dropped on just para is a risk only a mogoloid would take as far as DCZ is concerned.
    Last edited by Lavie; 06-18-2012 at 07:32 AM.

Theres a difference between overpowered and glass cannon though

An overpowered char nowadays should be wearing stuff ROF +3s , Krowas 8/9 Chaos whatever +9/+10

A glass cannon wears Diamond Rings/Elf rings, etc: These items let you have high AP at the sacrifice of other stats. Which is the type of char im trying to talk about

Quote Originally Posted by MyDestiny View Post
    LOL!! The fawk you are talking about?!

I once had gg geared warrior in c west and I stoped playing it and after a while decided to quit simply coz it got boring coz all I had to do was pking and there was like no one who could give a good challenge ( well maybe only Legacy with all their illegal items).. You really think that someone with crazy gear will quit the game just coz few more ppl got gg gear..? Lawl
    ummm dont you read it fully? i stated that the reason for them to quit is maybe because they had overpowered gear at the start and just got bored of owning and like you just pointed out you got bored of having that hence you quit lol....

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast