Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

"A Modest Proposition" on KOW

This is a discussion on "A Modest Proposition" on KOW within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; http://forum.knightonlineworld.com/forum_e...howtopic=153489 Originally posted by 'Con' It is a melancholy object to those who walk through the great town of Moradon ...
Page: 1

Psy

http://forum.knightonlineworld.com/forum_e...howtopic=153489

Originally posted by 'Con'
    It is a melancholy object to those who walk through the great town of Moradon or travel through the world. When they see the cobblestone plaza, the anvil, the merchants setting up ridiculous prices, and corridors, crowded with beggars of the El Morad and Karus nations alike, followed by three, four, or six servants, all in paper armor and importuning every one that passes by. These people, instead of being able to play for their honest livelyihood, are forced to employ all their time in a torment of leveling their babies to 80 as fast as possible. And as they grow and develop, they either turn into thieves for want of fun, or leave their dear clan to fight for those who offer more and better items, or ultimately sell themselves to the eBayers.

I think it is agreed by all parties that this prodigious number of players in the arms, or on the backs, or at the heels of their mentor, and frequently of the administrators, is in the present deplorable state of the kingdom a very great additional grievance; and therefore whoever could find out a fair, cheap, and easy method of making these players sound, useful members of the commonwealth would deserve so well of the public as to have his statue set up for a preserver of the nation.

But my intention is very far from being confined to provide only for the players of professed elite; it is much of a greater extent, and shall take in the whole number of players at a certain level who are made of their mentors in effect as little able to support them as those who demand our charity in the streets.

As to my own part, having turned my thought for so many years upon this important subject and maturely weighed the several schemes of other projectors, I am always found them grossly mistaken in their computation. It is true, a player just brought by its mentor may be supported by his thought for a year, with little other need; at most not above the value of 3 hours, which the mentor may certainly be able to donate, or the value in scraps, by his lawful occupation of being a nolife; and it is at exactly at one year old that I propose to provide them in such a manner as instead of being a charge upon this company or subject to discrimination, or wanting change and raiment for the rest of their lives, they shall on the contrary contribute to the lining of this corporation's pocket, and partly to the community unity, of many thousands.

There is likewise another great advantage in my scheme, that it will prevent those voluntarily quitting the game due to change, and that horrid practice of youngsters playing other games all the while deleting their characters here, alas, too frequent among us, sacrificing these poor players, I doubt, more to avoid the expense than the shame, which would turn stomaches and call upon you in the most savage and inhuman breast.

The number of subscribingplayers in this kingdom being usually reckoned three thousand and a half, of these I calculate there may be about two hundred players who will discontinue their subscription; from which I subtract one hundred who are unable to maintain their own characters, although I apprehend there cannot be so many under present distress of your world; but this being granted, there will remain three thousand two hundred premium subscribers. There will remain characters who are born monthly, and additional merchanting accounts will need their premium subscription. The question, therefore is, how this number shalled be reared and provided for, which, as I have already said, under present situations of affairs, is utterly impossible by all methods hitherto proposed. For we can neither employ them in El Morad Castle or Luferson Castle, you neither build character satisfaction nor read their suggestions.

Allow me to suggest, that you allow these characters to live in the past. A new future is not needed, only a past. Give the community what it wants, give them a world with all of the patches before Knight Ascension and Knight Empire, with the level limit being 70, a level which used to be achieved through countless hours of effort defeating Apostles and Harpies; without there being any of these newer, flamboyant monsters or events. Give us the opportunity to stand a chance in Colony Zone by not allowing the compounding of Unique items. Allow for us to help out our friends get levels, by enabling the beginner helper quest once more. Give us back our Dark Mares in Colony Zone [now known as Ronark Land]. Give us the poorly maintained castle in the middle of Colony Zone back! Allow for us to bounce on the corpses of the defeated once more. We do not need Kings, who get into their position based on popularity, and steal from the treasury. We do not need Dark Lunar Wars! We do not need Dungeons! We do not need the Hell Abyss! We need something that is old. Something familiar. Make this server and keep it that way. Do not "change" or "add on to it," just keep the new server with perfected ideas there. Keep this game the way it was intended to be played. Give equal opportunity to each and every player. Allow us to relive and celebrate in the old ways.
    This post basically says, "Release a new server that has all of the patches up to and before KE/KA" and "The game is easier to play, not as fun."

Now, before this post takes off couple of things:

1) I don't care about the "RoFD Vs KE/KO" shit, so drop it now.
    2) Don't need any posts like "This idea sucks" etc, they just makes you look dumb.

That's it I suppose.

KA = myko ke?

I think its good idea, but if I remeber right someone tried that before.
    It would be fun to have old eslant aoe harpys But, there would be thousands of hacks,dupe etc.

KA = myko ke?

I think its good idea, but if I remeber right someone tried that before.
    It would be fun to have old eslant aoe harpys But, there would be thousands of hacks,dupe etc.[/b]

I don't think so. I think that KO (whether it be MGames, Noah Systems or K2 themselves) would be able to apply the same security patches, without adding an "expansion" to the game.

Aw yes I still remember doing countless hours of exp in CZ Trolls. I'd like a server like this to be implemented, and K2 should check out how much success it does and decide what to do next

DragonFire

It would be fun, but would eventually get very old and boring, patches and expansions are there for a reason, to expand the game and make it harder to end the game. Things like the level cap, or new places like Bifrost and so on. I think it would only be a good idea for a month or 2.

DeX

what about the players that reached lvl 80.. what will happen with them

_Priest_Of_God_

Yes i would 100% play it but i think it might get old but saying same thing how long did myko stay in Ke they had quite a few people playing there servers

what about the players that reached lvl 80.. what will happen with them[/b]

This would be a completely different server, apart from Ares, Diez etc.

phillyfreak

I was expecting for that to end with something about eating all the noobs :P (for anyone who has actually read Jonathan Swifts "modest proposal" youll get that )
    But yeah good idea. I think players should be able to transfer chars to a new server but with some kind of limit of course. Like you get lvl reduced to 70 and all items uncompounded. I wouldn't want to start a whole new char on a new "old" server if you know what i mean.

DeX

This would be a completely different server, apart from Ares, Diez etc.[/b]
    It would be nice then.. and they dont lose anything just for trying.. i think they should give it a try and see how it goes

RiseAgainst_

I would love it, even KE was better than rofd and i would love a server with ko or ke in it

I cant post to support tho cuz i dont and wont make an acc in those shitty forums

Oh yeah.. sure, lets all go back to wagons and horse with houses of rock and wearing animal skins.. Computers, FUCK THAT! lets use papers and pencils to calculate a complicated formular ya? High tech? pffff, pumping water and living in a farm was much more enjoyable, than these new fancy computer games!!!!!111
    Oke, I hope I made my points clear enough already.....

A game needs to evolve just like EVERYTHING else in this world, take an example as Counter-Strike, even a solid shooting game like that have some changes (not much, but still some changes), but a MMORPG game like KO is a story/lvl based game, u evolving by lvling, gearing, skilling ur char, by doing so u will reach an ultimate state. So therefore its very important to have some new stuff from time to time, not necessary changing the core mechanism, but just add new stuff/events like new map, BF to farm, eslant dungon, hell abyss etc. Imagining KO without any new stuff like we got now, Im sure soon or later ppl will get tired of the never ending pvp in CZ. If u complain about changes, then hell u should NEVER play a game like WoW, where the gameplay changes every few weeks or so.

I must point out that there are a few things I dont like about the new KE/RoFD. The worst thing that ever happend to KO were unique compounding and the exp bug & new lvl cap from RoFD. Oke, the exp bug was just coz of poor programming so the morons could abuse it. But the unique compounding really gave the dupers an upper hand, ok.. Again ruined by cheaters, which would be a good feature if it was under control, but still... My opinion remains that uniques should not go higher than +2. About the lvl cap, the game wasnt entirely ready for such big jump.. Raising lvl cap to 75 would be rather realistic, coz soon or later everyone would be 70 anyway, and then we have a CZ like beta KO where everyone are 70, which is not fun at all..

cRuX

I want piana and breth back Also this would be nice cause I still don't have the new maps memorized.. I call everything by the old name and CZ map i don't know for balls.

No matter how much we all liked old KO and how bad we want those times back, a server like this would suck very fast. Lets go back to the days when u got ksed 24/7 at harps, when rouges were superiour and apos makes u blind. No offence but its pretty useless.

Sure old KO got some advantages like no unique compounding, raiding xp slots in cz, Isiloon still dropping CS to have some cool fights there, ... but honestly i think we got more reasons to not get old KO back.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast