Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Honestly how..

This is a discussion on Honestly how.. within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by TheNewCulverized Also how would it be cheaper to play at a cafe where you have to pay ...
Page: 2

O_o Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewCulverized View Post
    Also how would it be cheaper to play at a cafe where you have to pay money to go to, rather than buying a 50 dollar computer?
    I guess its very cheap, and part of their "social-life", and that they are not thinking for the long run, as you said, youll be amazed how stupid people can be

Quote Originally Posted by GRANDAD View Post
    because when you pay people minimum wage.. you get what you pay for..
    yeah that's how we bought grass instead of weed for 5 pounds fak gipsy's

Honestly, how could you ever think K2 cared about the game?

No.1 gb suppiler Senior Member

its not easy as you think,as i know there are like 5k+ chinese farmers' accs botting on all server,plus like 50% turks are hackers(no offensive but its the truth),so i guess their job is tough.Also i heard most farmers got banned before they get lvl 70 on old servers,so i guess they are actually working on it.

actually its more easy then u think. Sience the most tr ppl use koxp if they ban all they lose bucks. Just think a moment why they changed the 3rd party punishment from ban to 100 jail methods ? There are even known players in cz with simbols using koxp for minor thinks like speed pots etc. , what happen if they ban all ?
    Also there are lot of op players with chrs. farming with koxp ahh btw i got few days ago a pm from a nazi simbol oposite nation... So take a clue. Sry for lang im on phone xd.

SuperRajiv The Spasian ResserGD's Avatar

Why incur additional costs when they were making a nice healthy profit with no long term interest in the game? You're looking at it from the wrong perspective. In the long run customer reputation and brand power make a difference. But in the short run, it just isn't like that. They are morally wrong but strategically they made so much money with so little effort and costs. From a business money making perspective, lets just say they were very astute.

Quote Originally Posted by ResserGD View Post
    Why incur additional costs when they were making a nice healthy profit with no long term interest in the game? You're looking at it from the wrong perspective. In the long run customer reputation and brand power make a difference. But in the short run, it just isn't like that. They are morally wrong but strategically they made so much money with so little effort and costs. From a business money making perspective, lets just say they were very astute.
    Because those additional costs are a fraction of the enormous potential userbase. More users is usually more income.

Quote Originally Posted by N4v4rr0 View Post
    According an article on this site (scroll abit down) http://www.fatfoogoo.com/2009/01/ k2 received 1m$ monthly in 2008 how can they not afford a few employees who monitor the game. Minimumwage 8 hours a day sitting behind a desk cleaning up a game. It couldn't be easyer. Any small business would have been out of business with this much missmanaging. All this wasted potential.. It's allmost a crime how the people running things at k2 and Ntt have in effect completely ruined their own business. Any KO-player got some millions to invest yet?
    1M Gross profit is not 1M in K2's hands. I would imagine, being they didn't own the game, that MGame would be in for a healthy slice of that plus all the other relevant bullshit ie tax, overheads etc. They probably never even saw half of that. Knight online has no potential outside of Turkey, that much is blatantly obvious to anyone. Why waste money moderating an inferior game that you don't own and have 0 control over, when you can ride the gravy train taking what you can and dumping the cash into your own developments which makes you max profit, max control and something to fall back onto when the game is pulled from you.

That is assuming, that all their cash is coming from Knight online solely, which it wasn't. By the sounds of it, they're actually pretty smart.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavie View Post
    1M Gross profit is not 1M in K2's hands. I would imagine, being they didn't own the game, that MGame would be in for a healthy slice of that plus all the other relevant bullshit ie tax, overheads etc. They probably never even saw half of that. Knight online has no potential outside of Turkey, that much is blatantly obvious to anyone. Why waste money moderating an inferior game that you don't own and have 0 control over, when you can ride the gravy train taking what you can and dumping the cash into your own developments which makes you max profit, max control and something to fall back onto when the game is pulled from you.

That is assuming, that all their cash is coming from Knight online solely, which it wasn't. By the sounds of it, they're actually pretty smart.
    considering the article is about k2 not paying taxes over that money in turkey. You usually dedact costs from the income not from the profit. Profit=Income-Costs.

And it's not so obvious as you can tell plenty of english speakers have played this game with such a passion, I would suspect others would have been drawn to it too if not for all the cheating and turkish language.

It was doing fine before the turkish invasion. Huns destroying everything in their path. Though it may seem nice now that they populate the servers, they are also the ones who caused them to be empty of english players in my honest opinion.
    A new player starts and gets pmed s.a o.ç siktir git see how long he stays to find an english player.

Gross Profit is literally just how it sounds. It's the total profit your business makes on selling product/s. It doesnt include any deductions for tax/overheads/contractual agreements rawr rawr rawr.

K2 didn't operate out of Turkey. That article was mainly about the turkish government being greedy cunts. K2 didn't have to pay shit.

Turks are the only thing keeping this game remotely alive, if it wasn't for turks this game would have died 2 months after release. Graphics are shit, playerbase is shit, pk is shit, combo is shit, leveling is shit, economy is shit. KO aint drawing no-one in, ever. Anyone and everyone should be able too see that, what they did was smart.

Gross Profit is literally just how it sounds. It's the total profit your business makes on selling product/s. It doesnt include any deductions for tax/overheads/contractual agreements rawr rawr rawr.

K2 didn't operate out of Turkey. That article was mainly about the turkish government being greedy cunts. K2 didn't have to pay shit.

Turks are the only thing keeping this game remotely alive, if it wasn't for turks this game would have died 2 months after release. Graphics are shit, playerbase is shit, pk is shit, combo is shit, leveling is shit, economy is shit. KO aint drawing no-one in, ever. Anyone and everyone should be able too see that, what they did was smart.
    pk is shit? NO
    leveling is shit? NO
    Economy is shit? NO x10000

O_o Senior Member

pk is shit, combo is shit, leveling is shit, economy is shit.
    Are you sure you're talking about KO?

BANNED FOR SCAMMING! Validating

Why the fuck are you still on these forums if all your going to do is rag on KO. The stupidity of that decision amazes me.

Because i'm bored at work, so offering my insight on a forum seemed like a decent way to keep me entertained. Anything else, sir?

I think the real question to people that oppose what i said, would be, how are all the things i mentioned good?

BANNED FOR SCAMMING! Validating

Name one other game that actually takes any skill that is not a first person shooter other than Knight Online?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast