Hosting issues / Site down

This is a discussion on Hosting issues / Site down within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Sorry for the downtime guys, but our hosting was acting really gay and shut us down with almost no warning. ...
Page: 1

Default Hosting issues / Site down

Sorry for the downtime guys, but our hosting was acting really gay and shut us down with almost no warning. Yesterday Festo got an email about excesive use of CPU (2.5% ffs!) and few hours later, the hosting decided to move the site to a different server. Funny how they did that and didnt move the DATABASE, leaving the site unavailable for several hours. Now they say we should go for a dedicated server (yeah right).

Anyway, we took the decision to switch hosting today, we are up and running again.

Thanks a lot to Tezz and Divano for hosting us for free on their hosting. Still not sure what we will do in the next weeks, but be sure we will keep this site.

Sorry again for the inconvenience.

PS: Some ppl will still see the site down cause DNS changes take a while to refresh all over the world. Some will still be pointing to the old hosting but this will take at most 1 day.

PS2: Also wanna add that festo is a n00b and couldn't find the damn DB so I could make a backup and start working on switching the site

PS3: I want festo's ass

SaTaN

GJ on the fast reply to what has benn happening, looked dismorning and saw the errors and knew something with the hosting was acting up. Hope you keep this site up and running till whenever I quit. Ranking has just gone to shits with his forum... GJ

Banned Senior Member

nice to have the site back

morax

Just a quick note.

NOBODY hacked this site. I know Charlie was spreading that rumor, aswell as some other tards out there. Problem was related to our hosting shuting us down. Thats all.

PS: No, Charlie didnt hack us. That n00b can't hack his own computer with Admin password
    xDDD

Aguila-x-

Originally posted by Devile
    Just a quick note.

NOBODY hacked this site. I know Charlie was spreading that rumor, aswell as some other tards out there. Problem was related to our hosting shuting us down. Thats all.
    lol... such a loser

Banned

we wont shut you down if you go over without warning or something.....very gay hosting company you had before....where they owned by peruvian channel 5 owner or was it the burrito stand on the end of the corner of your home devile....rofl :lol: :P

keep up the rock'n forums

Nosferatu_Incognito

Thanks guys for not giving up!

Default Re: Hosting issues / Site down

Originally posted by Devile

PS3: I want festo's ass
    I knew you were a little gayish :P Too bad never enough to marry Mee....I would have wanted to be bestman, but to whome? :wacko:

rain`

Who was your previous host?

I run konptracker on retarded amounts of CPU usage (10000+ cpu seconds/day :P) and they don't care! thats ~13% CPU usage btw. Add 1 TB of bandwidth usage/month, 20GB of space, and the low price of 28$ for the first year (9$/month after), its a steal (Shared webhosting ofcourse).

You can always whois the konptracker.com domain for host info, if you care.

Lunarpages.

Thanks for the tip, we will keep that in mind.

In a big debate with lunarpages atm because in there ToS they are too vague, "excessive and high" i dont class max 5% high or excessive personally mother fuckers ><

AleX

damn almost took me a week to get back on the site. I thought I was banned.