Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

this is how bad k2 is...i filed a civil suit

This is a discussion on this is how bad k2 is...i filed a civil suit within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; we will see what happens like i said win or lose i could care less.....at least i made a attempt ...
Page: 8

Banned

we will see what happens

like i said win or lose i could care less.....at least i made a attempt

and btw for those who say....i am wasting time and money

didnt cost me a penny to file in small claims court and my fees were waived

my time worth it if i feel a sense of acomplishment by acting on something i feel is just

thanks

gubernaculum

Well hey, if it cost nothing then you're wasting nothing right? Then again, like I said these "small claims" really don't hit them where it hurts. In the legal system, nothing is that easy. Doubt K2 has much of a legal department, so they likely have an outside firm (i.e. insurance) to deal with small stuff like this whenever it comes up. I don't know enough about the TOS from K2, but if you have enough of a case you might be able to find a lawyer pro bono to take your case...if it gets past the initial hearing, and becomes a formal lawsuit, you could stand to get some serious cash and/or shut down K2.

Again, good luck and congrats for having the balls/motivation to do this

gutwrench

First of all, let me say I have nothing against Tez and what I am about to say is only to help as I have been through similar situations in the past. This needs to be said to save him and anyone else from unneeded headaches. This is my first post because I normally just read but I had to register and put my two cents in. Awesome forums by the way.

Tez, I have read through this entire thread and I have also read other threads in which you have posted. However well-intended this is, you will lose this fight quickly. I need to point out a few things. In order to win one of these cases against a large company, your case has to be rock-solid and unfortunately, your case is full of holes. I will quote from your other posts:

"here would be the reason i have not posted....the only smart person to see through a whinny kid named chrisowns who keeps getting banned everywhere he goes

kuda
    aviv
    kaan
    richard_II
    campijohn priest
    obsene

all have loged my char through the 10 levels from 70 to 80 to help me exp
    "

"like i said already you dont need to beleive me...no one does

but kinda obvious that 5 or 6 people playing my account who are all honest never seen any level jumps or even my clannies for that matter

so there u have it.....facts suck sometimes dont they

kinda glad i didnt play the account myself now xD
    "

I know for a fact that KOL staff read these forums as I have talked to the GM on the server I used to play and on other servers. You just admitted to sharing your account which is against the Terms of Service you agreed to when you signed up for an account.

To quote again from another post:

"zzz thats not the pass....that is the account id and hell i bought the account at 64 so who the fuck knows who has the id other then me and 10 people on diez now

the old owner scammed me so he could have given it out to you or turkish forums who knows

also you have the id to my mage.....so what.....i have 100 ids who cares.....without SQ and shit does it matter?
    "

Here you just admitted to purchasing the account which, again, is against their Terms of Service. Each of these violations can be punishable with account termination.

How can you argue with a company about lost items if multiple people play your account and have access to your information? I'm sure the KO staff will be able to see the different ip's from which they are logging in from. Also, I'm guessing you probably changed the payment information (credit card or paypal) from the previous owner. I think that is all the proof they need.

My advice to you, if you want to keep the account you have and not be embarrassed in court, is to drop this whole thing. But hey, what do I know right?

i thought tez was taking them to court over there failed SLA of 24 hours response

FairPlay

Section 19. General Provisions

...Notwithstanding anything else in this Agreement, no default, delay or failure to perform on the part of The Company shall be considered a breach of this Agreement if such default, delay or failure to perform is shown to be due to causes beyond the reasonable control of The Company. [/b]
    Did you not think to read the EULA before you took this action?

personally i could care less but its principal now and my fight for all of you....i am sick of this shit....if i win it will set a bar for the rest of you....i will take it as far as i can or will be allowed[/b]
    Very noble of you...........................

This person does not represent me. Frankly, anyone who buys a ready made account and then shares it with 10 other people is hardly in a position to challenge the ethics of another.

Banned

np

1st... sharing of accounts is not against the TOS....show me where it says its a bannable offense

2nd.. i bought the warrior account for items....not USD....i traded away a glass belt and IN for the account not USD

3rd.. the account in question was not traded or bought....it was my mage account which was made from day 1 by me

i am also arguing that my items were sealed on this account with gold which i only added gold to my mage to seal the items.....i paid for gold and was not given what they advertise and claim which is security from items being deleted, upgraded, traded, or taken off the account

like i said either way i could care less

this company is the worst i have ever come across in my dealings a very successful business man and i actually personally rank them as #1 on my worst companies list

every business i have ever delt with this they win the prize for being the worst followed up closely by T-Mobile cellular for there lack of customer service as well

Banned

how many accounts out there REALLY actually have SOLELY 1 person playing it?

someone wanna stand up and said they are the only person who have EVER touched their characters?

^^ whenver i leave on merchant.. my bros always take my char out for a run.. or disc me >.<

stevouk

I am the only person who plays my char and would poon anyone

Banned

I am the only person who plays my char and would poon anyone[/b]
    1v1 plýs

Banned

Tez meanted -- when you can 1 vs 1 him in real life...

stevouk

haha 1 vs 1...it wouldnt be a challenge

Banned

Good luck with this tezzie...

I hope ull succed and itll all be good for you, finally k2 maybe gets what they deserves...

DragonFire

haha 1 vs 1...it wouldnt be a challenge[/b]

ya it wouldn&#39;t, tez could woop your ass :lol:

gutwrench

I think everyone here that has illusions of grandeur of winning a case against any large company needs to really study their Terms of Service, EULA, Privacy Policies, etc. This is the last post I will make on this as I am only trying to help and I will not argue with anyone.

Tez, you said that nowhere does it say that your account can be terminated for sharing accounts. Let me quote the E.U.A.:

"4. ACCOUNT

(a) Eligibility. Accounts are available only to adult individuals eighteen (18) years of age or older. If you are less than 18 years of age and wish to use the Service, your parent(s) or guardian(s) must complete the registration process, open an Account in their name(s), and accept full responsibility for all obligations under this Agreement. Those who have completed these steps and who maintain their Account in good standing are sometimes referred to in this Agreement as "Member(s)", "User(s), or "Player(s)". By clicking the "I have read and agree to above Terms of Service" button you represent that you are an adult 18 years of age or older. Only one person may use an Account. The registered User of an Account may use the Account or may choose instead to permit a minor child of the registered User to use the Account. You are liable for all activities conducted through your Account, and parents or guardians are liable for all activities of their minor child conducted through the Account."

Then from at the end of this document, the tie-in:

"17. TERMINATION

(a) The Company may terminate this Agreement (including your Software license and Account) immediately and without notice if you breached this Agreement or willfully infringe any third party intellectual property rights, or if The Company are unable to verify or authenticate any information you provide to us, or upon Game play, chat or any player activity whatsoever which is, in our sole discretion, inappropriate and/or in violation of the spirit of Knight Online as described in the Rules of Conduct. If The Company terminates this Agreement under any circumstances, you will lose access to your Account without refund of any fees paid for the purchases of any Game Items or Knight Cash."

You should also read their indemnification:

"16. INDEMNIFICATION

BY ACCEPTING THIS DOCUMENT, YOU AGREE TO DEFEND, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS THE COMPANY, ITS SHAREHOLDERS, PARTNERS, AFFILIATES, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS OR SUPPLIERS, ITS LICENSEES, DISTRIBUTORS, CONTENT PROVIDERS, AND OTHER MEMBERS OF THE SERVICE, FROM ALL DAMAGES, LIABILITIES, LOSSES, DAMAGES, JUDGMENTS, CLAIMS, CAUSES OF ACTION, CLAIMS, AND EXPENSES, INCLUDING ATTORNEYS&#39; FEES AND COSTS, WHICH THE COMPANY MAY HEREAFTER INCUR, SUFFER, OR BE REQUIRED TO PAY, DEFEND, SETTLE (SUBJECT TO ANY LIMITATIONS SET FORTH IN THIS AGREEMENT), OR SATISFY AS A RESULT OR ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE OR ANY BREACH OF THIS AGREEMENT BY YOU."

And finally, you should read this as it is related to your suit.

"19. GENERAL PROVISIONS

Except as provided in this Agreement, any changes to this Agreement must be in writing and signed by The Company and you. If any provision of this Agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be struck and the remaining provisions shall remain in force. The UN Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods is expressly disclaimed. Our failure to act with respect to a breach by you or others does not waive our right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches. You may not assign or transfer this Agreement or your rights hereunder, and any attempt to the contrary is void, without written permission of The Company. This Agreement sets forth the entire understanding and agreement between The Company and you with respect to the Company, the Service and Knight Online, and this Agreement supersedes all prior agreements (oral or written, if any) between the parties. Notwithstanding anything else in this Agreement, no default, delay or failure to perform on the part of The Company shall be considered a breach of this Agreement if such default, delay or failure to perform is shown to be due to causes beyond the reasonable control of The Company. All notice given by you or required under this Agreement shall be emailed to [email protected], Attention: Customer Support is effective on the date received."

That bold section means all they have to do is say that had technical difficulties which extended their response time or say they had 8 employees out that day or whatever and they are covered. It won&#39;t be that hard for them.

Also, you talked about trading the account for in-game items. It doesn&#39;t matter what you traded for it as account trading is illegal according to their E.U.A. Read here:

"7. TRADING AMONG PLAYERS

Trading of Game Items between Players on the same server is permitted. All other trading or transfers, including without limitations, trading of Knight Cash, Account ID, Account Names, and all out-of-game transfers, are strictly prohibited.

The Company is not responsible for any losses occurred related to any permitted or prohibited trading activities. ANY AND ALL PROHIBITED CONDUCTS MAY RESULT IN IMMEDIATE TERMINATION OF THE ACCOUNTS INVOLVED IN SUCH TRADING."

Again, Tez, just trying to help bud. They&#39;ve covered their asses pretty nicely in this document. I think everyone should take a look and read through it. The document is located at http://www.knightonlineworld.com/end_user_agreement.php

Good Luck

how many accounts out there REALLY actually have SOLELY 1 person playing it?

someone wanna stand up and said they are the only person who have EVER touched their characters?

^^ whenver i leave on merchant.. my bros always take my char out for a run.. or disc me >.<[/b]
    i never shared any of my char x_x

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast