Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

How can it have gotten worse?

This is a discussion on How can it have gotten worse? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; As an old player who's been through hell in this game i can't stop reflecting over what has changed in ...
Page: 1

Default How can it have gotten worse?

As an old player who's been through hell in this game i can't stop reflecting over what has changed in and outside the game since i quit, roughly 5 years ago. It seems to me the game has gotten worse in pretty much every single aspect. Maybe It's because NTT's staff consist of old K2 staff? I noticed Sean Lee was the CEO of NTT. Here is a list of things that never got fixed or got worse after a fix:

- Disconnecting from server used to be a problem in the beginning when there were not enough server capacity for the amount of players. Is this not one of the most essential things to have working? Players being able to log in and actually play the game? How can this possibly have gotten worse? Are there more players nowadays? I doubt it. Maybe on new servers, but not spread over the game.

- Login bugs where you instantly disconnect after logging in. Sometimes with an error message saying you've been banned for using illegal programs. Really? This was fixed 6 years ago, and now It's returned in a new shape? What made them feel the need to implement this feature again? Did players complain about being able to log in and stay online?

- NPC's are still not working. Instead of adding options to the existing NPC's, they added more NPC's. Now we have NPC's everywhere and only half of them have options of value.

- Two-second-delay is nowadays considered good. The lag is so bad that you can not use Genie, as it gets affected by the lag and kills you.

- Getting to know other players don't happen in this new version of the game. You join a party and then you go afk. The bot will do it for you.

- Nothing has been made to spread the PVP. It's still all about running with the train through bowl to base. Why not make decent exp/farm spots in cz so that people will raid again? It's such an easy fix... Can't believe it just won't ever happen.

- Level and gear cap has been raised. At the same time the bosses and mobs stay the same. To get the best gear in the game you need 1 warrior and 1 priest. If the bosses were harder to kill, people would fight over them. Bring back the use of a well organized clan.

- Tickets sent to CS is now never being answered, compared to the old week you had to wait back in the days.

- Do i need to mention all the hacking?

This is just some of my thoughts. Share your own!

Quote Originally Posted by Aubrey View Post

- Level and gear cap has been raised. At the same time the bosses and mobs stay the same. To get the best gear in the game you need 1 warrior and 1 priest. If the bosses were harder to kill, people would fight over them. Bring back the use of a well organized clan.

Im 100% sure 1 warrior and 1 priest cant kill any Chaos Stone Bosses o.O

R.I.P Impulsive Senior Member jaspreet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FreekaleeK View Post
    Im 100% sure 1 warrior and 1 priest cant kill any Chaos Stone Bosses o.O
    They can, just not you trolllololol
    ilterates likes this.

Little archer Senior Member

Disagreed about the boss part because it's simply not true.

Mages are all the rage nowadays, because while warriors inflict 400-600 damage spam to eslant and CZ bosses, mages can unleash their full damage (2800+ each spell) without restrictions.

That was mgame's attempt to make bosses harder to kill. And like everything else they do, it was a half assed effort.

Anyway hes right.But that will be never fixed ...Bugs,k0xpers,craps ,plus with that genie option u can forget for good old cZ exp or even if u make one party u wont have the chance to raid it cuz it will be dead after 10-30min..

oh, that's a side effect. nobody bothers doing exp at CZ now that genie exists lol. therefore, there are no parties to raid.

eslant exp 24/7.

Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    Disagreed about the boss part because it's simply not true.

Mages are all the rage nowadays, because while warriors inflict 400-600 damage spam to eslant and CZ bosses, mages can unleash their full damage (2800+ each spell) without restrictions.

That was mgame's attempt to make bosses harder to kill. And like everything else they do, it was a half assed effort.
    Sorry. I haven't been exploring the new zones yet. I'm talking about eslant and Cz bosses. In my opinion they should have improved these two zones before adding others. If there are tougher bosses, do they also drop better items? What necklace is better than an iron necklace nowadays?

SuperRajiv The Spasian ResserGD's Avatar

I agree mostly with what you've said, however from my personal experience lagging and disconnections are much less of an issue for me now than in the past - maybe thats just because my internet connection is better now I don't know. But I never lag, and hardly ever hear people in clan complain about lag too. Also CZ bosses are eslant bosses are much more difficult to kill. Back in the day you could solo bosses in CZ and even in eslant lol (depending which one ofc).

Whether it's worse or not I don't know, but it certainly isn't better. Also agree that the number of bugs which just get left there with no attempt to fix is ridiculous (i.e. npc's not working). It's stupid tbh.

Sorry. I haven't been exploring the new zones yet. I'm talking about eslant and Cz bosses. In my opinion they should have improved these two zones before adding others. If there are tougher bosses, do they also drop better items? What necklace is better than an iron necklace nowadays?
    ?

I'm talking about cz and eslant bosses...

Banned Senior Member

Your points reflect some of the reasons alot of us don't play official KO's anymore.
    Private servers have their own cons, but I'd rather play them than pay a bunch of monkies.

?

I'm talking about cz and eslant bosses...
    If this is true It's great.

If this is true It's great.
    How is it great when 2 mages can outdamage an entire melee party when fighting a boss?

Not counting drains, just giving you an idea.

How is it great when 2 mages can outdamage an entire melee party when fighting a boss?

I was referring to bosses being harder to kill.

Banned Senior Member

To be honest, in EUKO even with 3-4 drains, mages still used to beat us on some bosses, their damage was simply insane.

BANNED FOR SCAMMING! Senior Member

As warrior i killing em just with one rogue,.. lol fail

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast