Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

How do Clan Banks work?

This is a discussion on How do Clan Banks work? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Triston...
Page: 3

Banned Senior Member

Triston

Originally posted by phantomlink
    I dont have one, we're all pretty much equipped already and clan banks cause alot of problems inside the clan
    indeed, i remember first couple of weeks in diez where kukry was awesome, me tihn and some other where clan together..
    we hunted lamia like crasy and got 2 kukry's.. i took them both as leader and clan bank holder and waited 1 day with giving them out (as i also said to them, so the one who deserves gets..)
    next day there was 5 members left ^^

Glader

My little guidelines for a Clan Bank: Make sure that you are in a clan with people you can trust and have played with for a while. You've read about many different ways of doing it here, the way that works the best for our clan is to simply report all drops to the leader/assistants and be generous when it comes to throwing stuff into the bank. BE OPEN! Make a list of the items that are in the bank, if possible as a sticky on the clan forum. In our clan we have the simple little rule that the clan leader and assistants decide who gets what. That way, you don't have to be online 24/7 to get the Iron Neck the american shift of the clan got while you were getting your much-needed european rest. Also, if another rogue picks up a ROL by a fluke when passing through the bowl while you do your hourly bosscheck you actually have a saying in the matter. Make sure that everyone gets to voice their oppinions. If 10 people in the clan start thinking that the way the items are getting divided is shit, then you'll have yourself a problem.

Also: Make sure that everyone actually gets something. If you have a couple of mana belts/belts of str/green dragon amulet/ whatever, compound them or sell them and buy whatever you need. Also try to arrange some farming once in awhile. If you try to share more and more you don't get into the situation that people bosshunt in secrecy or don't get invited to the party when someone's tanking a talos just because they wanna have all the cash for themselves.

OFC, there are many different ways of doing it. Try finding the one way that works the best for you

redfieldTnT

CLAN BANK (clan_bank)
    def. when the clan earns items they are evenly distrubuted to long standing loyal clan members
    when said clan leader gets bored of "the game" he/she
    takes items back and sells them on ebay and or ko4life for usd

Trii

Originally posted by redfieldTnT
    CLAN BANK (clan_bank)
    def. when the clan earns items they are evenly distrubuted to long standing loyal clan members *
    and takes all the money even tho he/she hasnt farmed most of the bosses ?

BigWoody

I'm leader of DarkUnion - I suggest to try to keep it as simple as possible.

We manage drops like this; Only Unique items are elegible for the clan bank - 3+ clannies in a party for the Unique to be considered for the clan - items distributed to most deserving clan member as decided by the leader and assistants - crap items kept to compound into the future - upgrading of uniques in consultation with leader and assistants(i.e. Giga SS etc) - any non unique drops are offered to the party members 1st to buy, then clan members to buy or is then sold to general public and money split between the party members.

GL

Woody

:TakeOver:

Its Ez

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

Originally posted by phantomlink
    I dont have one, we're all pretty much equipped already and clan banks cause alot of problems inside the clan
    GIVE ME A CLAN ITEM JAKSDKJHASDLKJHASLKJHDLAKSJDHASHDASD WHY DO U GIVE THEM CLAN ITEMS WHEN I DONT GET CLAN ITEM AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH SDJKLHASJKLDHAJLKSHDKJASHDKJASHDAJH FU WILL !?!?!?11!!!

:wacko:

Banned Senior Member

sell ur CS and equip ur mage

nasality

if u r not clan leader dont try to be clan bank..its seems good first time but every1 asking for item every 15 min..i was assist and clan bank, at my old clan..and a mage from clan pm'ed me after we got elf belt from talos and asked it like 15-20 min .. :P

Trii

Originally posted by nasality
    if u r not clan leader dont try to be clan bank..its seems good first time but every1 asking for item every 15 min
    if u got noobs in your clan then its gonna happen, easy solution, every person that will ask for an item more than once will get a booted from clan and no chance to get back in. they'll shut up right away

nasality

yea it was when we r lvl 55-60

redfieldTnT

Originally posted by redfieldTnT
    CLAN BANK (clan_bank)
    def. when the clan earns items they are evenly distrubuted to long standing loyal clan members *

not my view about a real clan bank just seems funny cause its how alot of clans are ended
    communication isnt as good as it should be around the end of some clans i read about on forums

Banned

Originally posted by idefix+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(idefix)</div>
    Originally posted by Hypnos@
    <!--QuoteBegin-idefix

i personally dont like the idea of a clan bank, unless ur clan is just ppl u know IRL or uve known for years, otherwise theres no idea in clan bank, the leader of the clan will 99% scam it.
    If your clan leader isn't someone you can trust with a few items, maybe you should start to question why you're staying in that clan.

When you have a lot of characters in your clan that have crappy gear, and you want to help them out, a bank setup can work out nice. Especially with the cheaper unqiues like the dragon amulets, gold/ruby rings, and the lower grade earings from TK.

It may cause drama with some of your members, but as a clan leader you have to get use to that (and know how to handle those type of people).
    even the ppl u know might scam u. think about it this way : ur kinda gettnig bored of the damn game and considering quitting and selling ur char. ur the clan leader of a good clan, where good items are in the clan bank, then u get a iron neck or belt one day as a drop. then u get a 2500€ offer for ur char and all ur items... wud u stay loyal the the ppl u dont even know IRL, and give the clanbank items to them, and then sell ur char and ur equip and get like 500-1000€ less...

well anyways meaning that if the stuff u got in clan bank worth around 500€, i dont think many ppl wud give them out to ppl who they dont know IRL, instead wud sell em for real money and forget about ko lol...[/b]
    no, i wouldnt sell any of my stuff for USD, cause you can get scammed that way......i would NEVER fuck anyone i know even if i dont know them irl....thats just fucking low if you know someone and trust them enough, then they fuck you over even when they are the clan leader

(wextor you better not scam me) h43r: h43r: (even though most of the stuff is yours and a friends)

orxlayer

Nice thread dicussion .

clanbank-system works well if you know how to use it.

Positives : it can improve you clan as a whole. If your clan improves it can increase your reputation in the server. "With more power comes more responsibilities". When you are a clan leader, you have to know when to be selfish, when when to be rewarding. When to share your powers and when to step in. You have to know where to draw the line. In general, you have to be smart. When ur a member, it gives you a peace of mind that you will eventually get equipped.
    Negatives : It can also destroy your clan. If you, as a clan-leader, is completely selfish and worry only about urself, people will leave your clan. Noone will have fun, and more and more people will leave ur clan. Thats preety obvious, but you also have to take in the fact that eventually people will scam you. So you have be in good terms with everyone in your clan.
    You have to be active at all times. You go on vacation for a few weeks, and there will be clan-items floating around all over the clan.. people won't know who to give them to.
    As a clan member, would I judge by the age of your clan-leader?.. hell yes. No offence to all the young-adolescence that play this game, but if your clan leader is 15 yrs old.. I recommend you moving to a different clan. Also, you can't expect the clan to equip you at any moment there is a good drop. Doesn't matter if you hunted for the item yourself. You need to stay loyal..and hopefully your leader will recognize that and reward you with something better than you expect.
    My clan also have been using the clan-bank system. It had its ups and downs. I can find out more negative things about this system than positive ones.

Conclusion ::
    Clan-bank system a very risky procedure. It will make or break ur clan.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast