Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How do people get hacked

This is a discussion on How do people get hacked within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I hear all the time how KO a/c gets hacked or Paypal gets hacked. Just curious how does this work ...
Page: 1

Random Nab Senior Member mumbojumbo's Avatar

Default How do people get hacked

I hear all the time how KO a/c gets hacked or Paypal gets hacked. Just curious how does this work out if you ain't got any key-logger on your comp or use too simple/short passwords.

Assumption is that K2/paypal don't give out your info.

Ignore Me Senior Member

They use Hotmail.

Hotmail is for your granny. If you forget your password you can just phone up and get it changed. Of course anyone else can just phone up and just say I forgot everything. Can you change my password. MSN users tell everyone thier email.

Result Hotmail is 2 minute hack. MSN also logs conversations etc. OMG its way too funny how many people use hotmail and then download anti-virus. Everyone can just change your password over the phone. And then read your stored emails and MSN conversations.

If you are not a granny. Go to a cheap domain provider(GODADDY etc) with a proper email on that domain. So you control your own email.

Da Camel Senior Member Killing spree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ashet View Post
    They use Hotmail.

Hotmail is for your granny. If you forget your password you can just phone up and get it changed. Of course anyone else can just phone up and just say I forgot everything. Can you change my password. MSN users tell everyone thier email.

Result Hotmail is 2 minute hack. MSN also logs conversations etc. OMG its way too funny how many people use hotmail and then download anti-virus. Everyone can just change your password over the phone. And then read your stored emails and MSN conversations.

If you are not a granny. Go to a cheap domain provider(GODADDY etc) with a proper email on that domain. So you control your own email.
    not only that.
    i had a gmail account as the email address the account was registered to.
    never logged it, only once, to activate my Kol account. Still got hacked.
    (and yes, i never shared, copy paste my pw, blah blah blah)

so did some research, and it is possible to get into somebody's gmail account.
    I'm not gonna say how, cause that would just give people thoughts here.
    but ye a hint: Log off after you are done on Gmail, don't let it automatically log you back in.

Banned

thats my first time to hear about the change pass of hotmail by phone :S
    i will change all my mails to my accounts to yahoo i think//

Ignore Me Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by AlextraEG View Post
    thats my first time to hear about the change pass of hotmail by phone :S
    i will change all my mails to my accounts to yahoo i think//
    If your email has any important info you really need a domain and a pop3. I wouldnt recommend any web mails. They all have customer service for noobs.

Random Nab Senior Member mumbojumbo's Avatar

Is Yahoo! a safe bet?

Quote Originally Posted by ashet View Post
    They use Hotmail.

omg if thats true ............ that explain lots of things !!!!!

and eh ,, why everyoe forgot that some ppl sell u account then they submit ticket with all of their payment info and get their account back?

Ignore Me Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by IronNeck View Post
    and eh ,, why everyoe forgot that some ppl sell u account then they submit ticket with all of their payment info and get their account back?
    Or with character rings. People would make a new account for the character they bought. So the hacker new the date of birth of the new account was immediately after sale. And could submit a ticket to change the details.

Where the time goes fast, but everything is slow

i just got 2 gmails hacked, account depleted etc.......pc is clean.....one of the e-mails hasnt been logged for over 2 years i think.
    not to mention that last premium i buyed was around 1 year ago, so no chance they could have keylogged the sealing password.
    whatever ^^ its just really fucked to believe.

ps. the guy even put premium on my acc to hack it.

Da Camel Senior Member Killing spree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gollum View Post
    i just got 2 gmails hacked, account depleted etc.......pc is clean.....one of the e-mails hasnt been logged for over 2 years i think.
    not to mention that last premium i buyed was around 1 year ago, so no chance they could have keylogged the sealing password.
    whatever ^^ its just really fucked to believe.

ps. the guy even put premium on my acc to hack it.
    yup, same happened to me.

Define ʎʇılɐǝɹ. Senior Member The_Real_PlodeZ's Avatar

The best way to avoid getting "hacked" is to make sure you have different usernames and passwords for everything.

To keep track of everything, you can write your info down on paper in a notebook or even store it in a password protected .doc file on your PC.

An advantage to storing it on a PC is that you can copy and paste the passwords, which will a) prevent a keylogger from recording your keystrokes and getting the password and b) allow you to have complex passwords, ex: dog+?#3cat=.

A disadvantage would be that if you lost access to your PC or that file, you lose the information.

It's a bit inconvenient to do this, but it's good for your own peace of mind to know that all of your accounts are secure.

Oh, and I agree with ^ that there are better options than hotmail and gmail when it comes to email security.

Whanker

looks like im pretty screwed.... My account has "special characters" so i cant even link it to g1 and change the email address, cos im sure its linked to my hotmail address :x

People seem to forget that Account-Hack can be resulted by hacking K2 servers. GM/Mod always blamed us and pushing the responsibility of keeping our computer clean, protected, and secured to us when it comes to account hacking. In reality, K2’s website been attacked before and possible of server attack/hacking and we don’t know a thing what came out of those attacks. How do we know that our information not leak out or stolen by the hackers? K2 won’t tell us that they lost data/users’ information to those attacks. Even if you protected your account/computer/email to the fullest, somehow you get hack: pw changed, unseal code stolen and wonder how this happen. This is not rumor or blame but it is possible that K2 fault and K2 offers no protection whatsoever to the players. It is just ridiculous of how they handle the Customer Service on these issues and calling themselves Gamersfirst.

reptile

Quote Originally Posted by The_Real_PlodeZ View Post
    The best way to avoid getting "hacked" is to make sure you have different usernames and passwords for everything.

To keep track of everything, you can write your info down on paper in a notebook or even store it in a password protected .doc file on your PC.

An advantage to storing it on a PC is that you can copy and paste the passwords, which will a) prevent a keylogger from recording your keystrokes and getting the password and b) allow you to have complex passwords, ex: dog+?#3cat=.

A disadvantage would be that if you lost access to your PC or that file, you lose the information.

It's a bit inconvenient to do this, but it's good for your own peace of mind to know that all of your accounts are secure.

Oh, and I agree with ^ that there are better options than hotmail and gmail when it comes to email security.
    Talkin about security, didnt you use the same password for your hotmail, ko4life and paypal acc? How ironic you are trying to tell people how to stay safe lol.
    Doesnt matter what email provider you use, if the password is crap, people will get in sooner or later.
    And if they fail they can just use the load of infos everyone of you use on facebook and shit like that to recover the email.

Gravediggaz Senior Member gregg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by reptile View Post
    Talkin about security, didnt you use the same password for your hotmail, ko4life and paypal acc? How ironic you are trying to tell people how to stay safe lol.
    Doesnt matter what email provider you use, if the password is crap, people will get in sooner or later.
    And if they fail they can just use the load of infos everyone of you use on facebook and shit like that to recover the email.
    Maybe he learned from his mistake and wants to make sure others don't do the same. What is wrong with trying to give good advice / answer ops question

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast