Skinning and Model Replacement.

This is a discussion on Skinning and Model Replacement. within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I started this project as a favor to my father, he's quite old by any gamers standards(68..) and somewhat colorblind. ...
Page: 1

The_Good_Doctor__

Default Skinning and Model Replacement.

I started this project as a favor to my father, he's quite old by any gamers standards(68..) and somewhat colorblind.
    I decided to make all of the humans red for him to pk. I started with the JPKO Red chitins.
    After Showing him those, he told me that red was practically invisible to him, so I settled for fixing mage silk, crystal, and crimson with the different human priest Grade 2 armors(Pauldron and pads) and the Grade 1 Pads. The mages are now whitish with whatever details those three priest armors had stretched about the mage robes all wierd like, with quite a bit of shadows, but he can atleast see them now.

Anyways, I wanted to play around a bit, and made some crazy looking FP substitutes, with info found on ranking's forums.
    Here's my result, including model replacement for SB+8, and lightened in photoshop because I forgot to turn my char into the sun.

I screwed up the thumbnail, so here's the address:
    http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/8748/sk...skinning6jk.jpg

Looks nice to me but is this actually more clear for your father? Black armor 90%

dual ms with poison

The_Good_Doctor__

yeah that's one of the skinning topics.

But what I did is just replace DXT which changes the paintjob on the armor(most of the already done topics talk about changing the whole models)

As far as I know it's impossible to uncompress a dxt for editing, but alot can be done by swapping around in game skins.

For example:
    My Textures are as follows, Human normal male warrior Chest, Gloves, and Boots(black chitin, jpko), The pads I don't know, they were just supposed to be the skin for karus rogue black chitin(but i messed up somewhere and didn't notice), and the helmet is Human male rogue Black chitins skin.

The black FP is purely for fun, and not really different than karus normal rogue FP visually, a bit darker, with brighter highlights, and my SB's are already back to normal model, no longer mirage( i was going to screenshot dainslief but I couldn't find the right files for that, and ran out of patience). But all was done for a unique screen, a signaute or something later If I get my rogue played up enough.

When I find enough human mages all near eachother, I'll get a screen shot and post it. They're not pure white, So I really don't see it as "cheating" though it is certainly against the eaula(however you spell it).

I certainly won't be able to screenshot macroers and whatnot, so I'll have to stick to jsut luring George on top of them.

Default Re: Skinning and Model Replacement.

Originally posted by The_Good_Doctor__
    I started this project as a favor to my father, he's quite old by any gamers standards(68..) and somewhat colorblind.
    I decided to make all of the humans red for him to pk. *I started with the JPKO Red chitins.
    After Showing him those, he told me that red was practically invisible to him, so I settled for fixing mage silk, crystal, and crimson with the different human priest Grade 2 armors(Pauldron and pads) and the Grade 1 Pads. *The mages are now whitish with whatever details those three priest armors had stretched about the mage robes all wierd like, with quite a bit of shadows, but he can atleast see them now.

Anyways, I wanted to play around a bit, and made some crazy looking FP substitutes, with info found on ranking's forums.
    Here's my result, including model replacement for SB+8, and lightened in photoshop because I forgot to turn my char into the sun.

I screwed up the thumbnail, so here's the address:
    http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/8748/skinning6jk.jpg
    Sexy rogue lol
    i wanna be just like him

DraZtiC

Is this the first or last topic? :blink:

Brita

stop bumping old topics <_<

DraZtiC

stop bumping old topics <_<[/b]
    im not bumping. dont understand shit here.. sorry if i did sumthing wrong :angry:

Brita

ffs stop writing in this topic pls :S

DraZtiC

whatever

Brita

shhhhh :angry:

Popcorn maker :D Senior Member camisita's Avatar

omg who was the idiot who bumped this topic?

ffs

lovel12345

NICE!