Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

remnants...

This is a discussion on remnants... within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; ...doesnt drop uniques anymore with 1464 patch ? or just drop rate is lower (much lower)... i killed like 10 ...
Page: 1

Mario

Default remnants...

...doesnt drop uniques anymore with 1464 patch ? or just drop rate is lower (much lower)... i killed like 10 of them yday, and got only lotto, anout 4-5 bes enchants, and green box no shells, no uniques any clues ?

OLD1953

Probably just bad luck.

I've killed many remnants, gotten only an ammy of magic, which is on my mage now. Rest gave lottos and scrolls - which I've got no problem with lottos and scrolls, but I'd prefer a ROL myself. Or an imir +2.

Define ʎʇılɐǝɹ. Senior Member The_Real_PlodeZ's Avatar

Yup, bad luck.

We got 2 uniques Sunday.

Bizonne

I dont know. During the boss event my party and I killed about 7 bosses, and only got one RE out of all those, 3 of them were TK's. So I wouldn't doubt what you are saying Sky.

OLD1953

I hate to tell everyone this, but the usual reward from a boss is coins.

I was leader of a clan that did quite a bit of boss hunting, and the only ones to pay off with any regularity at all are Atilla and Antares, Atilla will drop pendants fairly often, Antares will drop blast scrolls fairly often. Apart from that, bosses below Talos and Troll King are all pretty stingy.

I'm in UK now, and they kept a record of boss drops on their clan site - I've seen nothing there to change my ideas.

Roughly, Atilla and Antares will drop about 1 time out of three or four. The others are more like one time out of seven or eight. Talos and Troll King are better, but I'm not sure by how much, they'll coin you much more often than not.

AHAH, says somebody, then how are there so many uniques floating around? Well, apart from kek rings, PP, WP and such, and the new shards of whatever beef roast rings, most of the rest are dupes. I figure no more than 500 - 1000 high level uniques drop fairly per year, and a certain number of those will be lost as accounts are banned permanently, etc.

Duping in this game is stupidly easy, I've had accidental dupes just from changing stuff in my inn while the servers were laggy and getting DC'd going into war.

So yes, you buy a ROL, odds are that it's a dupe, even if the guy who has it had it for two years and got it from a buddy that was totally honest and never cheated - odds are that it's a dupe.

Boy, am I gonna catch hell for saying that.

PS: and if you BUY a kek ring, odds are close to 100% that it was gotten by a koxper. I've farmed two kek rings, and I know ppl who've farmed them, but we sure didn't put that much time in to farm something to SELL!

Banned Senior Member

more then 500-1000 drop a year <_< In 8BALL and 0blivion we had probably near 60 or so high class uniques and the rest lower drops from bosses and thats just one clan who didn't do bosses all the time

kingscaar

we got 2 iron belts, and iron neck within a month :S

i soloed isiloon and got a chitin shield

Dread

Originally posted by giga
    i soloed isiloon and got *a chitin shield
    lol show me video please ^_^

anyway .... at the dude saying all uniques are duped ... on server xigenon i talk to duwolfy on msn and he told me all the drops he gets every month ... hell get about 3 iron belts, 2 iron necks, about 5 ROLs,ROC,ROM, couple chitin shields and just boring other items.

how he gets there ... they close the abyss off and kill isiloon every single time ^_^

also buy doing boss runs ..

Aba

quit telling people about remnants <_<

quit telling people about remnants
    reason?

:pic:

Originally posted by Aba+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Aba)</div>
    quit telling people about remnants *<_<[/b]
    +1

<!--QuoteBegin-ahh...

reason?
    we want em for our self kk? :wub:

OLD1953

Originally posted by phantomlink
    more then 500-1000 drop a year <_< *In 8BALL and 0blivion we had probably near 60 or so high class uniques and the rest lower drops from bosses and thats just one clan who didn't do bosses all the time
    LOL, I excluded Troll King and Talos from the calculation, Isiloon would be as well. However, I've seen Isiloon drop coins more often that a good item.

I did NOT say all unique accs were dupes, I said that about 75 - 90 % of them were. And I've done enough bosses that I totally stand by that statement.

And that comes from knowledge of over 100 bosses and what they dropped. Want the list?

Pwner4Last

Remrant drops ROL too O_o ? I only tought they drop like belt of str and stuff :/

OLD1953

I've been told repeatedly that ROL's do drop from remnants, but I've not seen one drop so it's hearsay on my part.

BTW, ppl may be misunderstanding my meaning here. I've seen screenies of ROL+4, IN+4 etc out the wazoo, many different places, many on turk forums where I can't read anything but I sure can see a picture.

A +1 represents 3 of whatever item was used to make it.

A +2 represents 9

A +3 represents 27

A +4 represents 81 * (inverse of the % lost in compounding, supposedly about 1.5)

A +5 represents 243 * (ditto the above, supposedly about 1.7)

So your counts are way off if you are counting +3's as one item, it actually represents 27 drops, or probably 200 + kills. Counting correctly, there literally cannot be less than 10,000 high class unique drops on Diez to make the number of items obviously extant on the servers now. And that's a very minimal number.

And I referred to "high class" uniques, ROL, ROM, ROC, IN, IB,GB, RE, EME, WE are all rare drops from their respective bosses. Gold and opal rings are far more common - and more or less worthless for any real purpose.

Now, I suppose it is possible that people are lying about their uniques, that ppl who beat the pants off lvl 77 warriors easily are just way skilled and don't have the items they claim, and that many people routinely photoshop pics of their characters to make themselves sound better. While I do discount a certain amount of that, I really don't think it's the whole story.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast