Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

How to loot to get good items?

This is a discussion on How to loot to get good items? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Pfft, you guys stop lying to the poor guy. We all know the best way to get good drops is ...
Page: 2

Pfft, you guys stop lying to the poor guy. We all know the best way to get good drops is to delete your items one by one until you click the box.

diablo

in WoW we dont loot it immediately we dance first and run around 2-3 times and loot it (serious)

Originally posted by diablo
    in WoW we dont loot it immediately we dance first and run around 2-3 times and loot it (serious)
    does it work?

j/k, btw, the ninja loot never worked with me, i did that to my brother and to this friend, we got coins and soulpots, one time we did duke or bishop and it dropped a ring, we were so fuking happy and it was str +5, ffs remove shitty drops from bosses :angry: , i prefer to see coins only than coins and a mage staff +1 from lycaon, that day i stopped killing bosses :P

Protoss Arbiter Senior Member

Originally posted by kohack
    according to mgames, the drop is calculated (said in myko 3 years ago) when u kill the mob, not when u open the box..... it has always been like this, no matter who opens the box, the soulpot/iron necklace/coins or whatever u loot was always there, not becaus ur babapremium friend opens the box ur gonna get a better drop, if premium increases drop rate, invite 7 people with gold premium, then pick a random dude to loot it

the drop rate was calculated back then based on numbers of players, max lvl player, min lvl player and class/lvl of the mob u kill, fuking admin never told us the formula

besides, i think its just a bad programmed random operation. 1.5 years ago i got 6 chickens in my party fresh with 3 day premium and attila dropped coins (only), my friend's premium finished 2 days before and his attila gave him WP/EP in 1 drop, *and he didnt shared, fuking townnnn, u owe me an EP, and u know it bish *:angry:
    It's always calculated when you kill the mob.

Any game would do that. The box opens too fast for the server to calculate a rand() when you open the box, because once the boss dies, your computer already recieves the packet with the loot. Clicking on the box is entirely client-side, there's no server interaction once the boss dies with the drop - only when you pick up the drop does your computer send a packet to the server to add the item to your SQL field.

The drop is not based on an number of players, either - it's based on the total average level. Bosses have a variable drop rate - for example, if the boss is level 110, the closer the total average level of the party is to 110, the better chance of a drop you will get. If the boss's level is, for example, 45, and you have a full party of level 65-70's, you can bet the drop rate will be close to 0, because if you are over the level, it will trigger an immense depreciation of percentage. This is why when you add the SQL database of a boss, there's a field for level and a field for item & drop rate for each item. (it's like 1-20 or something)

You can't know the formula - it's based on the microtime(rand()) formula innate in almost every new programming language. However, the heightened chances can be determined if you decompile the server code, which should be rather fun.

What I believe the formula is, is:

Code:
    result = (monsterLevel - StDev(partyLevelTotal / partyNumber)) * .01
    where StDev() is defined as the standard deviation of partyLevelTotal/partyNumber over the monsterLevel.

Code:
    if result < 0 then

result * -.01

endif
    Which would depreciate the result if the monsterLevel > StDev(predefined)

elzeus

if your priest trusts you have him/her heal you outside of party while you "solo" the boss B)

Originally posted by elzeus
    if your priest trusts you have him/her heal you outside of party while you "solo" the boss *B)

if ur the old zeus, u still owe me that IB +7/70 for 150m, still waiting

Niro

Originally posted by elzeus
    if your priest trusts you have him/her heal you outside of party while you "solo" the boss *B)
    I was thinking the same

btw the real ZEUS?!

elzeus

Originally posted by kohack+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kohack)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-elzeus

if ur the old zeus, u still owe me that IB +7/70 for 150m, still waiting [/b]
    ibs +7 are 150m now? xD (if you come to wow ill give you a bow with +7 scope :P)

Niro <3 you came back to ko? last time I pked with you we went to human harpies to gank newbie mages D

zetazeta

Originally posted by kohack
    according to mgames, the drop is calculated (said in myko 3 years ago) when u kill the mob, not when u open the box..... it has always been like this, no matter who opens the box, the soulpot/iron necklace/coins or whatever u loot was always there, not becaus ur babapremium friend opens the box ur gonna get a better drop, if premium increases drop rate, invite 7 people with gold premium, then pick a random dude to loot it

the drop rate was calculated back then based on numbers of players, max lvl player, min lvl player and class/lvl of the mob u kill, fuking admin never told us the formula

besides, i think its just a bad programmed random operation. 1.5 years ago i got 6 chickens in my party fresh with 3 day premium and attila dropped coins (only), my friend's premium finished 2 days before and his attila gave him WP/EP in 1 drop, *and he didnt shared, fuking townnnn, u owe me an EP, and u know it bish *:angry:

then wtf is point of premium?

Banned Senior Member

Originally posted by Warmen
    The user with the gold premium has a better chance for a drop. I dont know the drop rate but it's increased with Gold premium.
    We just dont have luck

In RoFD : like 20 TKs , 15 Talos , 1 SQ , 5 HQs , 2 DF , 3 Shaula and got one crystal earring and tail of shaula ...

Im GOLD PREMUM ...

Drug_Addict

Originally posted by lutz+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lutz)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-kohack

It's always calculated when you kill the mob.

Any game would do that. The box opens too fast for the server to calculate a rand() when you open the box, because once the boss dies, your computer already recieves the packet with the loot. Clicking on the box is entirely client-side, there's no server interaction once the boss dies with the drop - only when you pick up the drop does your computer send a packet to the server to add the item to your SQL field.

The drop is not based on an number of players, either - it's based on the total average level. Bosses have a variable drop rate - for example, if the boss is level 110, the closer the total average level of the party is to 110, the better chance of a drop you will get. If the boss's level is, for example, 45, and you have a full party of level 65-70's, you can bet the drop rate will be close to 0, because if you are over the level, it will trigger an immense depreciation of percentage. This is why when you add the SQL database of a boss, there's a field for level and a field for item & drop rate for each item. (it's like 1-20 or something)

You can't know the formula - it's based on the microtime(rand()) formula innate in almost every new programming language. However, the heightened chances can be determined if you decompile the server code, which should be rather fun.

What I believe the formula is, is:

Code:
    result = (monsterLevel - StDev(partyLevelTotal / partyNumber)) * .01
    where StDev() is defined as the standard deviation of partyLevelTotal/partyNumber over the monsterLevel.

Code:
    if result < 0 then

result * -.01

endif
    Which would depreciate the result if the monsterLevel > StDev(predefined)[/b]
    Wow dood can you try to make up some crazy formula for chance of babys getting freckels from thier parents ?

I bet you could :wub:

nah alot of games waiting to loot would increase drop rate infact in some past games macro'rs would set there auto loot (or program similiar) to loot at very last second possible and would get sometimes 2x-5x more drop rate

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12