Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

How to protect from scams thru Paypal?

This is a discussion on How to protect from scams thru Paypal? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Your biggest issue is going to be if the buyer charges back with their cc....
Page: 2

Rentzusuken

Your biggest issue is going to be if the buyer charges back with their cc.

LordNoob

Here is what you do, state that the item is being sent cerified mail.....you sell the person a joke, a poem...whatever floats your boat....as a free gift they get this vitrual item (ko account/ko item). Once you have the confirmation that the buyer has received the joke/poem via certified mail you give them the ingame item. Chargeback will be virtually impossible for them to do as they bought a real item and not a virtual item....and you have the proof they received it......Enjoy

chihuahua

Originally posted by LordNoob
    Here is what you do, state that the item is being sent cerified mail.....you sell the person a joke, a poem...whatever floats your boat....as a free gift they get this vitrual item (ko account/ko item). Once you have the confirmation that the buyer has received the joke/poem via certified mail you give them the ingame item. Chargeback will be virtually impossible for them to do as they bought a real item and not a virtual item....and you have the proof they received it......Enjoy *
    that is so fucken smart +1

Cleatus

pro scammer material there.

LordNoob

Originally posted by Cleatus
    pro scammer material there.
    Has nothing to do with scamming, it has everything to protecting yourself as a seller through paypal. Selling for USD isnt a good idea to begin with, selling for USD to some unknown person is just flat dumb. There still needs to be a level of trust between the buyer and the seller.....just showing that with a little thought there are ways to protect yourself as both a buyer and a seller ^_^

CrnaC

yes, that is smart! BUT...how can I sell a poem to somebody who wanna buy 25 gold bars on Dies server?!

I mean...I (or anybody else) can't make sell of two objects (poem and coins) and say that sell is mostly related on poem (and coins are extra_bonus_gift), when somebody wanna buy coins, and don't give a fuk for a poem.

Don't get me wrong. That is really good logic for resolving technical issue about virtual_item_thing. If someone wanna buy coins or item (Kekuri Ring, for exaple :P ), i can't say him: "Ok, I will sell U Kekuri Ring, but I must sell U one of my poems with him".
    I mean...he can flame on few ways:

"This is not a "Fellowship Of Ring", where U have some poem writen inside of ring! Wanna give me that KR or what?"

Or:

"Is that poem will give me more defense when I wear that Kekuri Ring in Colony Zone?"

Or:

"What will U give me if I buy Elemental Pendant from U?"

I can answer only with: :blink:

LordNoob

You tell him/her that this is the way it is to be done to protect us both, since there is no recourse for either of us selling/buying virtual items. If they dont agree to it chances are they were going to scam in the first place. This is where the level of trust comes in to play....how much trust are you willing to put in to that person. If they are legit they will understand the situation and agree without hesitation. Remember to take ss of the ingame trade and tell the other party to do it as well, that way you are both protected even further.

chihuahua

Originally posted by CrnaC
    yes, that is smart! BUT...how can I sell a poem to somebody who wanna buy 25 gold bars on Dies server?!

I mean...I (or anybody else) can't make sell of two objects (poem and coins) and say that sell is mostly related on poem (and coins are extra_bonus_gift), when somebody wanna buy coins, and don't give a fuk for a poem.

Don't get me wrong. That is really good logic for resolving technical issue about virtual_item_thing. If someone wanna buy coins or item (Kekuri Ring, for exaple * ), i can't say him: "Ok, I will sell U Kekuri Ring, but I must sell U one of my poems with him".
    I mean...he can flame on few ways:

"This is not a "Fellowship Of Ring", where U have some poem writen inside of ring! Wanna give me that KR or what?"

Or:

"Is that poem will give me more defense when I wear that Kekuri Ring in Colony Zone?"

Or:

"What will U give me if I buy Elemental Pendant from U?"

I can answer only with: * * *:blink:
    the point of sending a poem instead of a whole item .. IT SHOWED that he bought the poem .... and had a free gift! .. so wat if he doesnt care about the poem .. in the title itself u sent him the poem .. and he recieved it and thats the end of it! ..

Baxxor

just dont sell it?
    alot easier hihi

LordNoob

Originally posted by Baxxor
    just dont sell it?
    alot easier hihi
    +1, i should have stated I dont sell items for usd nor do i condone it <_<

CrnaC

ok, ok...u r all bunch of funny guys...

but...how much time should pass from paying for some item, and delivering that item to buyer, that he can't withdraw his money?

1 day? 2 days? 4 days? more?

0000000: "personally i just talk to the buyer on MSN for a while and judge his character..."

well...try to speak with me...

LordNoob

Originally posted by CrnaC
    ok, ok...u r all bunch of funny guys...

but...how much time should pass from paying for some item, and delivering that item to buyer, that he can't withdraw his money?

1 day? 2 days? 4 days? more?
    When you get confirmation that the letter with the joke/poem/whatever has been delivered.....then you give ingame items to purchaser.

CrnaC

i just wonder what will happend if anyone record a movie of transaction with items (or coins)?

Can seller send that movie to Paypal, and say: "hey, I have a record! There U can see that I give my (virtual) item (which is subject of trading) to him (that scammer)! Give me MY money back."

Is game_movie good evidence for Paypal?

LordNoob

It may be but i can guarantee that it would be quicker and easier to provide proof of delivery rather than convincing someone at paypal to watch a movie.

Senior Member devilscommandments's Avatar

don't buy/sell from evenson. you'll be fine.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast