Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What lead to the downgrade in PK

This is a discussion on What lead to the downgrade in PK within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I am not talking about anyone's skill when it comes to this topic, so no egotistical BS this round boys. ...
Page: 1

Default What lead to the downgrade in PK

I am not talking about anyone's skill when it comes to this topic, so no egotistical BS this round boys.

What I am talking about in this topic is the fact that pk is just not as fun as it used to be. Some of you may disagree with this point of view, if so just list the reasons why it is better then it was. For those that do agree with me go ahead and list your theory as to what lead to the downfall.

NOTE: DO NOT LIST HACKS AS A REASON , THERE HAVE ALWAYS BEEN HACKS. DO NOT TAKE THE EASY WAY OUT WHEN STATING YOUR OPINION

My opinion:

The move from hardcore to casual is , in my opinion, what really destroyed pk.
    Back in the day people had to work hard to even be average in cz. Your items and level all had to be on point. I think the increase in levels , new items, and new skills were all great moves. The problem, in my opinion started with ardream . This extra pk zone gave players another option as to where they wanted to give up on the grind. This always seemed to me to be like a BIG move from hardcore to casual. You had all the casual players who didn't want to grind it out moving over to ardream. Although it was a slight negative it really wasn't that bad. This was due to the fact it was always considered , little boys in ardream big boys in CZ. When RLB was made , that is when pk really went south. For obvious reasons this thinned out the cz crowds to 4 parties vs 4 parties. Back in KE there would be maybe 25 parties minimum running around cz hoping to run through a kill. Another factor that's really raping cz is the amount of servers. If there were less servers I have a feeling cz would be back to it's KE fun mode.

Other small factors may be the fact that they're are better leveling spots in eslant. Maybe an increase in leveling spots could help the amount of players that run around in cz.

Anyway don't read this essay if you don't feel the need, just post you opinion on the current state of cz.

If you feel it is better then before go ahead and write why. Lets try to have an intelligent topic here, nothing to incite flames.

P.S.
    Plz don't turn this into a old vs new topic. No posts about how "old " players are what made cz heaven . -_-

Community Nazı Senior Member schrotti's Avatar

People started caring about NPs.

Notorious P.A.T Senior Member AsSaiLaNT9082's Avatar

After ROFD , pk went to hell with chitin quests, rentals, valks, pathos gloves etc.

hatay

One word: babashop

I miss old times

Ignore Me Senior Member

The game changed.

Players tasted BDW chest, ED gems, BIF frags, levels, skills.

They want that stuff all the time.

Sure rice is good. But once you hand out the cookies - they keep wanting the cookies.

this happen because i dont play ko anymore :/

quests and rentals did it.

I believe it from the amount of Servers there are, back in the day CZ was always full of people running around. A new server would open up and you would lose about 20% of every server into the new one. I don't think it has to do with gear, nor does it do with skill. Its just the amount of servers are to great for the amount that play anymore. You can also really tell the amount of english people are down to a handful anymore on each server. So at our peak times its really dead.

▁ ▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ █ 100%VOLUME Senior Member SamEs's Avatar

in my opinion rlb is a fail, all these servers are a fail, it dont takes long when this game is completly dead. best example is kronos biggest fail in history atleast for the english comunity.
    Its really bout time to make a big change, like merge servers....

hatay

Quote Originally Posted by SamEs View Post
    in my opinion rlb is a fail, all these servers are a fail, it dont takes long when this game is completly dead. best example is kronos biggest fail in history atleast for the english comunity.
    Its really bout time to make a big change, like merge servers....
    They are gonna do that.. When the game will be about to die, just like japko did.

PaRoX

Having the 3 PK zones ruined it. There is no reason to lvl up anymore if you can PK and do Wars at lvl 59. Ardream and RLB ruined the PK in Knight Online.

I think the number 1 and number 2 biggest reasons though is the Increase in servers and the increase of babashopping.

Smaller clans just fall apart because the players quit. Most kids cannot compete with people who babashop.

Its great that you babashoppers get your Pride and Joy from being the best but I say have fun when you run everyone off the server and there is nobody left to kill except the same people over, and over, and over, and over, and over again.

Babashopping and the increase in servers has ruined this game completely.

one of the biggest factors in my opinion is the koxpers and dupers
    2 years ago, hackers were a minority in ko, now they're a majority
    you can't go to any pk zone without seeing at least one hacker every single time
    it's a big turn off for people that have been playing the game for years and for new players
    older players stay with the game for the hope that k2 will eventually make some good decisions regarding servers and the hackers that plague them all; more gm's etc
    new players pk once and are probably like wtf... people hack here like its a private server... quit, and never log on again

1. new servers - and yes they will open more to make money, K2 like short term solution to make money
    2. RLB - less ppl in ronark, exping or pking

Phosgene

it is much harder for the avarge guy to pk now . back in the days u could get 60 and start pk , and u'd be ok on cz . now even lvl 75 is not enough , you also need to be well baba'd .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast