Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Hypocrites

This is a discussion on Hypocrites within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Had real life issue that resembles this one pretty close. Shady guy, looked to be homeless, came up to me ...
Page: 4

Had real life issue that resembles this one pretty close. Shady guy, looked to be homeless, came up to me on a jobsite asking me if I wanted to buy a skillsaw for 15 dollars. He plugged it in, it worked fine, looked to be in great shape but it wasnt new. I knew he had stolen it from another site, its a common problem, and when I passed on it he produced a bag with a bunch of brand new tape measure, extra blades for the saw still packaged, a couple of drillbit cases, and some various other small items all brand new. While he was selling everything at well below store costs, I passed on his "deals" and advised my apprentice to do the same. When the guy walked off my apprentice asked me "Why the hell didnt we buy that skillsaw, was super cheap, and you lost that tape measure on the last jobsite, you coulda replaced it". I looked him dead in the eye and told him that if no one bought his shit, people wouldnt have stolen my tape measure off the last jobsite. I would prefer to go to home depot and buy it for more, than help that guy get enough money for another hit of meth.

Everyones morals vary from person to person, but that is where my line in the sand is. I dont oppose people buying, or selling, GB, items, etc for USD. I just prefer to stay away from the thieves of the game when I can.[/b]

Awesome dude! Nice to hear someone with some real pride and honor. Ideals like these progress man as opposed to destroy him.

iiason

Had real life issue that resembles this one pretty close. Shady guy, looked to be homeless, came up to me on a jobsite asking me if I wanted to buy a skillsaw for 15 dollars. He plugged it in, it worked fine, looked to be in great shape but it wasnt new. I knew he had stolen it from another site, its a common problem, and when I passed on it he produced a bag with a bunch of brand new tape measure, extra blades for the saw still packaged, a couple of drillbit cases, and some various other small items all brand new. While he was selling everything at well below store costs, I passed on his "deals" and advised my apprentice to do the same. When the guy walked off my apprentice asked me "Why the hell didnt we buy that skillsaw, was super cheap, and you lost that tape measure on the last jobsite, you coulda replaced it". I looked him dead in the eye and told him that if no one bought his shit, people wouldnt have stolen my tape measure off the last jobsite. I would prefer to go to home depot and buy it for more, than help that guy get enough money for another hit of meth.

Everyones morals vary from person to person, but that is where my line in the sand is. I dont oppose people buying, or selling, GB, items, etc for USD. I just prefer to stay away from the thieves of the game when I can.[/b]
    dat was deep and very honorable.

but i don't know....don't real player sell cheaper then the gb sites?

Banned

dat was deep and very honorable.

but i don't know....don't real player sell cheaper then the gb sites?[/b]
    That is impossible. A real player can't compete with gb sites. The gb sites are selling them for cheaper because they are macroing for gold. A real player is not macroing for his gold so he can't offer what the gb sites are offering. As sillyho said, it is all about the decision that you make. I explained that by supporting these people you are not only buying gbs for cheaper, but you are making the situation even worse.

kibal

You didnt say nothing new ,is like when dupes were arround everyone know who was the duper , and obiously legit farmer cant compete with them .Everyone was mad and hate dupers and say the dupers r destroying the game , but the funy thing they support them buying his gbs , his items , etc... cose they were cheaper.

Banned

You didnt say nothing new ,is like when dupes were arround everyone know who was the duper , and obiously legit farmer cant compete with them .Everyone was mad and hate dupers and say the dupers r destroying the game , but the funy thing they support them buying his gbs , his items , etc... cose they were cheaper.[/b]
    I am just suggesting that people stop buying from farmers. I don't expect them to stop, but the purpose of this thread is that if you see someone fucking up your thread by saying "the farmers are selling for cheaper" or if you see someone reselling gold that they bought from farmers (you need to provide proof obviously) on your server, contact the admins, market mods, moderators. As Felix said, it is against forum rules.

I try to be reasonable. I am not mad that these goldbar companies are selling something for cheaper, but what is bothering me is that they are fucking up the game and some of you people still support them. In fact, when I see someone selling something cheaper than me, I tell people "hey hold off wait up on the trade, this guy is selling it for cheaper, are you sure you don't want to buy from him?" Sometimes they buy from them, sometimes they still buy from me, but I never ever ruin someone's market thread with idiotic post. I have enough self respect to keep flames and useless shit out of the actual game/market. People don't show the same courtesy. If you want to spam or annoy people, go to offtopic. If you have read any of my threads or post in offtopic, you know that it is utter bullshit meant to piss off people. Please don't bring any of that to the actual game.

http://img391.imageshack.us/my.php?image=respectwg0.jpg

http://img391.imageshack.us/my.php?i...espect2uw4.jpg

It is a game meant for enjoyment. I don't see why people resort to intentionally fucking someone up. Do people really enjoy it that much? For example, on one of my thread, I don't even know this person "Alkananda"; have never even seen him; have never done any trades with him; and he calls me a scammer just because I made a thread about his friend who I saw speed hacking and autolooting. There is no dupe in any server, but apparently I sold him a dupe item.

http://www.ko4life.com/forums/index....owtopic=222439

See for yourself. What am I to do in this situation? Should I flame him back? Should I ignore him and make other people think that I am a scammer. I just understand how these idiots can get away with doing something so childish. For what purpose? Because I reported his friend who was speed hacking and autolooting? Hey it wasn't just me, look at the cheater section, the same people were reported again by 2 different people. You shouldn't have cheated, if you didn't want to get caught.

I am just tired of this. Grow the fuck up.

Magicality

I am sorry that you feel that my post was blunt and/or pathetic. Let me sugar coat it for you. Guess who will get a kid's meal tonight? Chinese Farmer Jr. Pada pa pa pa, he is probably loving it.[/b]
    I understand your point completely, and even agree to a certain extend. FOR THE GAME's SAKE, it is better to buy from "legit" players compared to chinese goldfarmers. Why? Because the money fuels legit players that also PvP and play the game the way it's meant to be played (unlike chinese goldfarming companies who kill spoilers day in & out).

What I was refering to however is this; giving 5$ to an underpaid chinese worker might really help prevent his family from starving (insert McDonalds joke here), and you can be almost 100% sure that you did a bit of a "good dead" from a humanitarian point of view. It's kind of like donating to charity.

Buying from your "legit" players pumps money into the kid's wallet, so he can buy another xbox 360 (or whatever you want to insert here) and keep vegetating in his parents basement.

Now tell me, what seems more ethical?

Banned

I understand your point completely, and even agree to a certain extend. FOR THE GAME's SAKE, it is better to buy from "legit" players compared to chinese goldfarmers. Why? Because the money fuels legit players that also PvP and play the game the way it's meant to be played (unlike chinese goldfarming companies who kill spoilers day in & out).

What I was refering to however is this; giving 5$ to an underpaid chinese worker might really help prevent his family from starving (insert McDonalds joke here), and you can be almost 100% sure that you did a bit of a "good dead" from a humanitarian point of view. It's kind of like donating to charity.

Buying from your "legit" players pumps money into the kid's wallet, so he can buy another xbox 360 (or whatever you want to insert here) and keep vegetating in his parents basement.

Now tell me, what seems more ethical?[/b]
    I don't have a problem with what people do with their money. They can donate the money to a charity, or they can help the chinese farmers, the purpose of the thread was to "save the game" and keeping idiots from ruining other players thread. What is ethical to do in order to save the game? Should you buy from cheaters for cheaper or should you buy them from legit players for more? You misunderstood me. You are talking about something from a humanitarian perspective. "We should support these underpaid Chinese so they can feed their family." First of all, the chinese are underpaid according to US standards, however in real life, China has a very low cost of living. Therefore, if a person really wanted to make a decent living in China, he wouldn't resort to cheating at a video game in order to make money. He would get an education and get a job. Lets not discuss that, because it will lead to an even bigger argument. Keeping it short, please discuss what is ethical to do in order to save the game, not save humanity. Thanks.

I don't have a problem with what people do with their money. They can donate the money to a charity, or they can help the chinese farmers, the purpose of the thread was to "save the game" and keeping idiots from ruining other players thread. What is ethical to do in order to save the game? Should you buy from cheaters for cheaper or should you buy them from legit players for more? You misunderstood me. You are talking about something from a humanitarian perspective. "We should support these underpaid Chinese so they can feed their family." First of all, the chinese are underpaid according to US standards, however in real life, China has a very low cost of living. Therefore, if a person really wanted to make a decent living in China, he wouldn't resort to cheating at a video game in order to make money. He would get an education and get a job. Lets not discuss that, because it will lead to an even bigger argument. Keeping it short, please discuss what is ethical to do in order to save the game, not save humanity. Thanks.[/b]
    IŽd like to add to MoeŽs post that the majority of these "chinese gold-farmers" are kids that ran away from home, from a "humanitarian" perspective your giving them a reason not to return.

IŽd like to add to MoeŽs post that the majority of these "chinese gold-farmers" are kids that ran away from home, from a "humanitarian" perspective your giving them a reason not to return.[/b]

And you know this how? I don't believe that for a minute without some sort of proof, where did you hear that?

And you know this how? I don't believe that for a minute without some sort of proof, where did you hear that?[/b]
    Podcast.

BlackOak

What a bunch of whinning crybabies.

I say GOOD for the chinese farmers, and support them in their endevours. They work hard and take something away from USKO, better than the usual "other way around we get from KO". I hope they run USKO into the ground.

Ignore Me Senior Member

but i don't know....don't real player sell cheaper then the gb sites?[/b]
    On Carnac west.
    Autoloot and speed pots sold from PUS will do about the same as gold farmer prices.

$3 autoloot i sold 2 today 24m or $12.5 a GB. Gold famer price I think is $18.

And a bronze user buying that autoloot will make 24m at least a day. Its all good playing legit.

Banned

And you know this how? I don't believe that for a minute without some sort of proof, where did you hear that?[/b]
    I can actually prove Meep's statement that they are kids.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ho5Yxe6UVv4

This one is very interesting. It is fairly new.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEegohRPsqg

Banned

Please pay attention to what he said at the end. "It causes inflation, corrupts the game."

Ignore Me Senior Member

I can actually prove Meep's statement that they are kids.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ho5Yxe6UVv4[/b]
    A friend of mine talked to one. He was 26 and there weren't enough jobs locally.
    Maybe it was kids when they played. Adults will run mulitple computers with macros not kids. The macros replaces the kids.

Besides I'm not sure some guys selling GB here are not kids and not doing it as some kind of job. Lets not judge people - you dont have any right to.

Stick to the basic point. You know gold farmers get GB by cheating. Cheaters occupy our map and stop us playing. So don't buy from them.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast