Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

just some fast opinions PS3/360

This is a discussion on just some fast opinions PS3/360 within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; i know this is the completely wrong section just seeing some opinions before mods move it, just got a new ...
Page: 1

Default just some fast opinions PS3/360

i know this is the completely wrong section just seeing some opinions before mods move it, just got a new room set up and was wondering wether to get a 360 or ps3. Any opinions in pros / cons to it? main game of course will be COD

Ps3 for blue ray movies, Xbox for gaming.

Wait for it....

PS3, simple as that.
    I own both and I barely ever play my 360 mainly bought it cuz of Fable.

Anyway, ps3 has bluray, is overall faster, no extra fee for online play, supports full 3d, xbl is full of kids probably due to the fact that xbox is cheaper?, move > kinect unless you like casual party games lol, no need to buy extra M$ harddrive unlike for xbox, dont have to be scared getting booted by kids who pay a few bucks for shell booter access <,< , could go on and on and on..
    Last edited by Moomoo; 08-27-2011 at 07:52 PM.

Little archer Senior Member

ps3 is more advanced just because of the fact that it was released after 360.

a big factor in these decisions usually is the online gaming but i dont know much about it. i think xbox requires a paid membership(?) while ps3 is free.

google it,pretty sure there are charts showing the pros and cons in a detailed way.

oh and you should check which games could also interest you that are platform exclusive, like gears of war which is xbox only and such.

El Shaddai Senior Member zecabr's Avatar

wrong section bro

I had both and i barely played ps3, dont like the controllers, more online play in xbox and more games that i like are only on xbox nd lol its not overall faster dont know where u get that from unless your xbox is jacked up lol nd about move vs knect both those shits r for queers so yah cant talk bout that

xbox 360 requires a gay online membership ($40 per year) to play online....

S4k

if your going to be playing black ops XBOX is the way to go, way bettter players.. ps3 players are newbs.. jmo

Unlimited

I posted this in the Microsoft section but I'll repost it:

I have both systems (actually, I have about 7 Xbox 360s, 6 'old' styles, 1 of the new black 250 gb) and I have to say that as far as online games go, Xbox 360 is where it's at.
    Sure, paying $10~ a month for Xbox Live might be a lot considering the Xbox itself is already $299 (I bought the $499 Kinect bundle on the black one), but it truly is worth it.

I played on Xbox Live while living overseas in the Philippines where the max bandwidth of internet was 1 mbps up/256k down and I was playing fairly lag-less (back in the States, I play with a 30 mbps connection). The reason it doesn't lag even while playing overseas is because Xbox Live has dedicated servers while on the other hand, the Playstation Network (PSN) are public servers and lag immensely. I tried playing on the PSN overseas and would have retarded lag, like literally 3-5 second lag, so I'd just get on Live and would barely notice any lag at all.

As far as exclusive games go, it really depends on what you're looking for but I have to say that PS3 exclusives aren't as great anymore since a lot of the developers are trying to go with the dual system marketing strategy.
    I'm a huge fan of the Final Fantasy series and one of the main reasons why I bought a PS3 was because of Final Fantasy XIII thinking that the Final Fantasy series was going to be exclusive for the PS3/Sony systems...then I found out that it wasn't exclusive to the PS3. Since I'm always on Xbox Live, I decided to just buy FFXIII for the Xbox. I don't buy many PS3 games and whenever I do, I end up buying the same game for the Xbox, the reason being that online play is much better on Live.

Overall, I'd say that the Xbox is really where it's at and has definitely been worth my money.

Quote Originally Posted by Prodigy™ View Post
    I had both and i barely played ps3, dont like the controllers, more online play in xbox and more games that i like are only on xbox nd lol its not overall faster dont know where u get that from unless your xbox is jacked up lol nd about move vs knect both those shits r for queers so yah cant talk bout that
    Compare the hardware. PS3 has much more power so it can run more advanced games, so yes it is faster.

El Gran Tanke Senior Member gimmecookiesnao's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited View Post
    I posted this in the Microsoft section but I'll repost it:

I have both systems (actually, I have about 7 Xbox 360s, 6 'old' styles, 1 of the new black 250 gb) and I have to say that as far as online games go, Xbox 360 is where it's at.
    Sure, paying $10~ a month for Xbox Live might be a lot considering the Xbox itself is already $299 (I bought the $499 Kinect bundle on the black one), but it truly is worth it.

I played on Xbox Live while living overseas in the Philippines where the max bandwidth of internet was 1 mbps up/256k down and I was playing fairly lag-less (back in the States, I play with a 30 mbps connection). The reason it doesn't lag even while playing overseas is because Xbox Live has dedicated servers while on the other hand, the Playstation Network (PSN) are public servers and lag immensely. I tried playing on the PSN overseas and would have retarded lag, like literally 3-5 second lag, so I'd just get on Live and would barely notice any lag at all.

As far as exclusive games go, it really depends on what you're looking for but I have to say that PS3 exclusives aren't as great anymore since a lot of the developers are trying to go with the dual system marketing strategy.
    I'm a huge fan of the Final Fantasy series and one of the main reasons why I bought a PS3 was because of Final Fantasy XIII thinking that the Final Fantasy series was going to be exclusive for the PS3/Sony systems...then I found out that it wasn't exclusive to the PS3. Since I'm always on Xbox Live, I decided to just buy FFXIII for the Xbox. I don't buy many PS3 games and whenever I do, I end up buying the same game for the Xbox, the reason being that online play is much better on Live.

Overall, I'd say that the Xbox is really where it's at and has definitely been worth my money.

Some Playstation games have dedicated servers others do not. Which is the same as Xbox from what i hear. Lets not just compare power and games though lets compare reliability. Ive had one ps3 since 2006 and it has NEVER failed me.. I wish i could say the same for xbox owners. It seems all xbox360s fail within 2
    years.

look at this link

Xbox-experts.com - Xbox 360 Console Failure Rate Report 2011

Not only do u pay for ur online gaming but u still have to pay to get ur faulty xbox360 fixed.

Another good fact ps3 isnt just a game console its more of a media center. Xbox and ps3 can do alot of the same things like watch netflix and play video games save music n all that but the biggest diffrence is that ps3 plays blueray dvds. A cheap blue ray player runs u like 100 bucks.

Im a ps3 fan not cuz its the "cool" thing to be like the xbox but because the hardware is better quality and has won my trust

PS3 is much better. Look at its exclusives.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesCastle View Post
    xbox 360 requires a gay online membership ($40 per year) to play online....
    bunch of noobs.

xbox > ps3. If ur paying 40.00 a year for xbox live , u need me to teach you how to save money.

first... buy the first 30 day from xbox.com for 9.99. During that 30 days of online play, keep a look out on the specials for 30days for 1 dollar. They do this a couple times a month easily. Do this every month. In fact, if u register ur Credit cArd for instant renewal.. you can call them one month and act like ur gonna remove it. Out of great customer service they will offer you 3 months for 9.99 as well.. so you have some options.

Any of the COD updates always come out on Xbox live first... PS3 is like a month later.. always. Microsoft owns Xbox... they are a big deal in computer shit, not Sony.

As Prodigy points out, have owned both and only plays the Xbox. Same with my brother Chewyonfire... actually just sold the PS3s.. Who the fuck cares about a blueray player? you can buy those cheap these days and they are getting cheaper by the day.

download Netflix into your xbox.... when ur bored from gaming ..watch a fuckin movie!

and update ur facebook...... its perfect!

p.s Newer Xbox do not have the same overheating problems as the first few generations. That shit has been fixed for a good while. I know this first hand as I used to repair the old ones and resell them. My xbox is played nearly 20 hours a day between me and my son.. for a good year. The quality is there, its the user that is the problem.

Little archer Senior Member

xbox fanboy detected

My first gen Xbox 360 never broke down. With 3 gamers in the house, that thing must of been on for 8+ hours a day on an easy day. And I had that puppy until 4 months ago from the first week it came out.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast