About Paypal

This is a discussion on About Paypal within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Anyone can help me?... i'm selling items but.. the ppl wanna pay me via Paypal. And i dunno if i ...
Page: 1

_ProZaC_

Anyone can help me?... i'm selling items but.. the ppl wanna pay me via Paypal. And i dunno if i can get out the money when they sent it to me..

MillionVoices

Anyone can help me?... i'm selling items but.. the ppl wanna pay me via Paypal. And i dunno if i can get out the money when they sent it to me..[/b]
    Use Serach feature, there was a great PayPal Guide posted.

I think it went smthing like this. On the Note Box in PP you write: BY sending me $$, you have already acknowldged that all items have been transfered" something along the lines of that. Make your OWN TOS contract.

whassup

make sure that they put "Virtual Items" in the Description and they cannot charge you back gl

_ProZaC_

uhm... so he has to put virtual item when he send me the money? and how can i get out the money of the PP?

Roberto

maybe send money with paypal to your credit card?

BobGreensley

Use Serach feature, there was a great PayPal Guide posted.

I think it went smthing like this. On the Note Box in PP you write: BY sending me $$, you have already acknowldged that all items have been transfered" something along the lines of that. Make your OWN TOS contract.[/b]
    Psys Selling Guide

link is above

We all know that Paypal is easiest method when coming to buying or selling mills. However, it also got something deadly, called Charge Back feature, where the person who paid you can reverse the payment.

How is this done?

We will go to the base of this scam. There is two kinds of funding methods to Paypal.

1. Fund by Bank/Other Paypal accounts/any other method.
    2. Fund by CreditCard

Now If the person funded his/her Paypal with method #1, and then sends you cash AND then Claim & Cancel, then the cash is irreversible; no matter what. So you are safe!

However, if the person funded his Paypal with a CC [Credit Card]then it can be reversed, regardless of him filing a claim and canceling it.

Scam Explained

In Paypal, the claim and canceling method is effective. Even in CC payments, Paypal itself won't really let you claim it back once you Claim and Cancel.

However, the person who sent you cash can call the CC company and say he didn't authorize that specific payment & their card is stolen. Then, the Credit Card company will reverse the payment towards Paypal & then Paypal will reverse the payment from you. Another way this is done is sending the cash via a different IP and then filing a report with Paypal saying they didn't authorize that payment & someone else was in control of their Paypal account. Both methods works for scammers; resulting in high charge back rates in Paypal.

This can happen regardless of you have money in your Paypal account or not. So if you did something like, transfered the money to another account, then that will be reversed too. Hence you end up getting scammed/your account will have negative balance.

How to prevent this?

There is two ways:

1. Having a Paypal account that won't accept Credit Card payments.
    2. Having a disclaimer in your 'selling gp' thread saying that you will NOT accept CC payments.

Method #1

Only Premier/Business accounts can accept Credit Card payments in Paypal. So if you keep your account as a basic one (unverified & without adding a Credit Card/Bank account), you simply cannot accept CC payments and you can clearly say to your buyer, "Sorry bro, I don't accept CC payment" and not do the trade.

Method #2

In your mills thread, clearly say that you won't accept any Credit Card payments via Paypal and if the buyer still sends it, then it would be their responsibility to get it back.

I wrote one disclaimer to copy and paste in your thread:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
    I will not accept Credit Card funded payments in Paypal. If your Paypal account is directly funded by yours/your parents credit card then do not bother contacting me. If you do send me money using Credit Card, I am not responsible for it & its up to you to get it back [I will not send it back] However, if your Paypal is funded by a Bank, I will do trade with you. You must know how to claim and cancel. If not, read this thread for more info: http://www.sythe.org/showthread.php?t=149307[/b]
    Say, someone comes up to you & agrees to the above disclaimer. After that, he sends you cash but how would you know his cash is Credit Card funded or not?

How to find Credit Card funded Payments?

Way #1
    This method is yet to be confirmed but simple. If someone sends you a Credit Card funded payment then it would have a fee deducted from it! If your buyer had money in his Paypal obtained by Method #1 [above] then Paypal would not charge you that extra commission since sending from Paypal to Paypal is free. However, Credit Card funded payments will be charged a small percentage of fee (about $3 per 50 bucks sent)

How can you check if a fee is deducted on the payment you are receiving? Well, when you receive the payment, click on the detail link (shown below) and you will see the payment in a new window along with other details. If a fee is deducted, then it will show below the payment and Paypal will deduct that commission from your payment and show you the &#39;net payment&#39; which you will actually receive.

If someone still sends you a payment via Credit Card fundings to your Paypal account & later says they didn&#39;t read your disclaimer then do not send it back. I repeat, do not send it back.

Why? because what you send is, your own money, they can still claim their own money back [means they will get your money + their money] So tell them to claim it back themselves and point to your disclaimer. This is because, according to the rules, its not your fault.

How to Check for Stolen Paypal Accounts

There is 2 kinds of paypal account scams. One being the paypal account having a stolen credit card added and another one being the whole paypal account is someone else&#39;s than that of the person who is doing the trade with you.

- The first part, that is the above guide tells you how you can escape from Credit Card fraud. However to check if the account belongs to the person who claims it as his/her, you need to read on.

- Ask the person&#39;s paypal email account that he/she is going to use to send you the cash. Then email that email address a code...or a secret message and ask the person to read it and tell you back to you.

- Now if the person owns that paypal account then he would own the email address too, means he can read the secret message/code. If not he/she will fail, hence that account is a stolen paypal account.

How to Claim & Cancel in Paypal *Coming Up*

Hope that helps you![/b][/quote]

make sure that they put "Virtual Items" in the Description and they cannot charge you back gl[/b]
    If he puts virtual items while sending you the money, it can still be charged back if the buyer changes the "type of item" to a tangible item while filing a dispute. Paypal only looks at disputes and by default the buyer always wins. Trust me, been there done that. There are only 2 ways to fool/fuck with paypal.

There is a policy with paypal, which allows buyer to open a dispute on a case only once. If the case gets deferred (closed) or canceled, they cannot open the dispute again. This is to avoid people opening a dispute more than once. Paypal&#39;s policy is also that inorder for a buyer to recieve a refund, the item has to be a tangible item. Meaning, the item has to be physically shipped to the buyer. My methods basically takes advantage of Paypal&#39;s idotic policies. I will write down how this methods works.

First Method:
    1) Buyer sends money to Seller.
    2) Seller asks buyer to opens a dispute. Under the reason for dispute, buyer selects "I recieved my item but it was significantly different than the seller&#39;s discription". After that, Buyer selects "intangible items" under the category of purchase. The buyer immediately transfers the case for paypal to handle. As default, since the buyer selected the category of purchase to be an intangible item, the case will get closed immediately (10 seconds) in favor of the seller. As a result, the buyer cannot open the same dispute ever again.
    3) Seller gives items/characters etc to Buyer.

*Note: Above I said that if Buyer puts virtual items while sending you the money nothing will happen. However, if they put "intangible item" aka virtual items while filing a dispute, then they automatically lose. THE BUYER HAS TO SELECT INTANGIBLE ITEMS WHILE FILING A DISPUTE

Second Method:
    1) Buyer sends money to Seller.
    2) Seller asks the buyer to open a dispute immediately.
    3) After opening the dispute, the buyer cancels the dispute. As a result, the buyer cannot open a dispute on the same case again because it has been resolved.
    4) Seller gives items/character etc to Buyer.
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    *IMPORTANT NOTE: These methods are SELLER FRIENDLY only. Therefore, ALWAYS if possible, use a middle man. Buyers CAN be scammed.

Snapshots of the policy:

runordie

Add a bank account to your PP and then send money to that...