Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I have a Dream...

This is a discussion on I have a Dream... within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; This is a copy of the speech i posted on the offical Forums (its a play on Dr. King's Speech) ...
Page: 1

Liquidgel04

Default I have a Dream...

This is a copy of the speech i posted on the offical Forums (its a play on Dr. King's Speech)

================================================== ===

Delivered on the steps in front of Priest [Iris] in Moradon on November 6, 2006

Five score server restarts ago, a great Karusian Archer (SillyHo), in whose symbolic shadow we stand started the No Premium In November Campaign. This momentous decree came as a great beacon light of hope to millions of legit KO Players who had been seared in the flames of withering injustice. It came as a joyous daybreak to end the long night of K.O.S.P. captivity.

But one hundred server restarts later, we must face the tragic fact that the legit KO Player is still not free. One hundred server restarts later, the life of the legit KO player is still sadly crippled by the manacles of Premium segregation and the chains of K.O.S.P. One hundred server restarts later, the legit KO player lives on a lonely island of honesty in the midst of a vast ocean of K.O.S.P.ers. One hundred server restarts later, the legit KO player is still languishing in the corners of KO player society and finds himself an exile in his own land. So we have come here today to dramatize an appalling condition.

In a sense we have come to our Game’s Center to cash a check. When the architects of our TOS wrote the magnificent words of the Free 2 Play, they were signing a promissory note to which every KO player was to fall heir. This note was a promise that all men would be guaranteed the inalienable rights of Fairness, Fun, and the pursuit of Levels.

It is obvious today that K2 has defaulted on this promissory note insofar as her citizens are concerned. Instead of honoring this sacred obligation, K2 has given the legit KO Players a bad check which has come back marked "insufficient funds." But we refuse to believe that the bank of justice is bankrupt. We refuse to believe that there are insufficient funds in the great vaults of opportunity of this game. So we have come to cash this check -- a check that will give us upon demand the riches of freedom and the security of X-trap. We have also come to this hallowed spot to remind K2 of the fierce urgency of now. This is no time to engage in the luxury of cooling off or to take the tranquilizing drug of gradualism. Now is the time to rise from the dark and desolate valley of K.O.S.Pers to the sunlit path of fair play.

There will be neither rest nor tranquility in Knight Online until the KO player is granted his gamer’s rights. The whirlwinds of revolt will continue to shake the foundations of our game until the bright day of justice emerges. I say to you today, my friends, that in spite of the difficulties and frustrations of the moment, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the legit KO player’s dream.
    I have a dream that one day this game will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all gamers are created equal."

I have a dream that one day GMs and Players can sit down together at a table of brotherhood.

I have a dream that one day darkest levels of the abyss will be transformed into an oasis of legit and honest play.

I have a dream that my fellow players will not be judged by the color of their Premium but by the content of their character.

I have a dream today, that this game will be rid of cheats and dupers so that the legit players can Farm, Exp, and PK in Peace.

RiseAgainst_

Bro.. its just a game.. simmer down :huh:

Liquidgel04

I think u took it too seriously, i ment it in good fun

Banned

last time someone had a big dream they got shot h43r:

[]D [] []V[] []D Senior Member T_rey's Avatar

Well i have a dream that one day little black boys and little black girls can hold hands with little white boys and little white girls

kk

zetazeta

lol nice dream :P

x_Lionheart_x

Liquid, always so funny and creative :wub:

gettysburg address me thinks?

sillyho is going to get assassinated

Originally posted by RiseAgainst_
    Bro.. its just a game.. simmer down *:huh:
    ROFL!!!!!!!!!

ps: topic's intention wasn't that bad

Liquidgel04

You know that K2 is near LA? And most of K2 staff lives in Irvine?
    I can teach u how to make explosives at home.I think u get the point...

[If FBI reads this I was just joking..*cough* ... *cough*]

Liquidgel04

Haha i actually live just outside irvine... and i've driven past teh K2 office a few times. So if they ever did really piss me off u might be getting a PM from me h43r:

Originally posted by Renzuk
    gettysburg address me thinks?
    are you serious man? the I Have a Dream speech by Dr Martin Luther King Jr...

i only read "five score server restarts ago"

which sounds a lot like "four score and seven years ago"

i am not that much of a loser to read that whole damn thing

Im pretty sure what Eric here was poiting out was the Title of the whole topic which is "I have a dream" maybe thats where the confusion came from when u said the Gettysburg address when its obviously Martin luther King Jr.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast