Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree3Likes

I have moved on~L2 ftw!

This is a discussion on I have moved on~L2 ftw! within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Moving back on diez after a 7y hiatus isn't a good idea imo. Unless you have tons of $$$ to ...
Page: 3

Moving back on diez after a 7y hiatus isn't a good idea imo. Unless you have tons of $$$ to baba yourself

Quote Originally Posted by yatah View Post
    Moving back on diez after a 7y hiatus isn't a good idea imo. Unless you have tons of $$$ to baba yourself

Wish I hadn't. Got to 59 on 3 toons and really don't want to go to 80 because the community is not what it once was, that's for sure.
    Miss

Quote Originally Posted by iviari View Post
    Wish I hadn't. Got to 59 on 3 toons and really don't want to go to 80 because the community is not what it once was, that's for sure.
    Miss
    Not only the Community changed

Miss
    Most old school players that made up the community as you remember it are long gone. The new generation of gamers has a lot more hatred and jealousy, alongside with a much bigger need to "be the best" instead of having fun. Few games out there have healthy communities now a days.

Senior Member MySexualIntention's Avatar

Miss
    Lol "toons".

Well KO nowadays is:
    Turkish, baba, injection of illegal items, no support from companies (never changed amirite?), scamming and quitting / restarting.

Banned Senior Member

ko in 2006 or even 2008 is different then the 2013 ko. transformed from a hard work to win game to a completely pay2win

Quote Originally Posted by FuriousKo View Post
    ko in 2006 or even 2008 is different then the 2013 ko. transformed from a hard work to win game to a completely pay2win
    That's why i'm not sure about starting back playing. I stopped in 2011 i think when the wings just came out and it was already going downhill at that point.

There's already +9 items on 1y old servers like destan and titan. This is beyond believable for players who started playing in 2004 like me.

Even KOXP is legal now, wtf? And they still permaban koxpers on sight. Either you make it completely legal or you don't. That's like making murder legal for a tax of $10k but sending those who don't pay to the electric chair if they're proven guilty.
    iviari likes this.

I am Timmeh Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jamm1n View Post
    Most old school players that made up the community as you remember it are long gone. The new generation of gamers has a lot more hatred and jealousy, alongside with a much bigger need to "be the best" instead of having fun. Few games out there have healthy communities now a days.
    I remember the community back then being more of "being the best" than now imo their is just a lot less of the english community left now
    iviari likes this.

and i still havent figured out the character seal crap....

and i still havent figured out the character seal crap....
    Probably need prem or something

Quote Originally Posted by ilovemyko1 View Post
    I remember the community back then being more of "being the best" than now imo their is just a lot less of the english community left now
    I disagree so much. Ill keep it simple, from when I started playing, up untill when I stopped around 4 years ago I only say more people cheating, more people doing NPT, more people bug abusing, more people babashopping, more people getting injected items, and the worse part is that all this came alongside with all this people loosing all shame on doing what they had to do to get ahead (personally I dont think there is nothing wrong with babashopping, but as you remembe it used to be frowned upon). Players stopped caring, at a massive degree on playing fair. I saw CZ be a place with 200 vs 200 with about 95% of the players using TBL edits, it was disgusting. It became acceptable to cheat.

What is the game today ? You are pretty much encouraged to babashop in order to play. There is not a single person that will advise you to start playing KO, without bringing up that you HAVE to get gear or else its a waist of time. It used to be fun to lvl up and gear up with your friends, chatting, making jokes, chilling on your free time. Figuring out builds, trying new stuff, innovate. That shit is LOOOONG gone. Finally, take a look at the video section, if some poor soul dares to post a video where they make a mistake or something "wrong" happens they get flamed jajajaja like what the fuck ? People go bananas and call them noobs and much worse things. That wasnt the case back then. Not saying all was peaches and cream, but it has gotten insanely worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamm1n View Post
    I disagree so much. Ill keep it simple, from when I started playing, up untill when I stopped around 4 years ago I only say more people cheating, more people doing NPT, more people bug abusing, more people babashopping, more people getting injected items, and the worse part is that all this came alongside with all this people loosing all shame on doing what they had to do to get ahead (personally I dont think there is nothing wrong with babashopping, but as you remembe it used to be frowned upon). Players stopped caring, at a massive degree on playing fair. I saw CZ be a place with 200 vs 200 with about 95% of the players using TBL edits, it was disgusting. It became acceptable to cheat.

What is the game today ? You are pretty much encouraged to babashop in order to play. There is not a single person that will advise you to start playing KO, without bringing up that you HAVE to get gear or else its a waist of time. It used to be fun to lvl up and gear up with your friends, chatting, making jokes, chilling on your free time. Figuring out builds, trying new stuff, innovate. That shit is LOOOONG gone. Finally, take a look at the video section, if some poor soul dares to post a video where they make a mistake or something "wrong" happens they get flamed jajajaja like what the fuck ? People go bananas and call them noobs and much worse things. That wasnt the case back then. Not saying all was peaches and cream, but it has gotten insanely worse.
    KO is like an adventure that has come to an end. Everything has been seen already. There are basic facts about the game and like 80% of the people know them. If you don't know this stuff about the game then you get flamed. Shortly, everything has been discovered which is why it's no longer a fun thing to do. There's nothing waiting for you in the end of the road except for pk which too, has become something repetitive and it always follows the same basic rules. If you could do 11 hit combo on sin back in the day you could rape people. Now if you fail 1 skill while doing nearly perfect 13 hit combo you'll loose. I suppose the only class that hasn't been totally mastered would be BP or other class that has a varying game style. I used to imagine being lvl 70+ or lvl 80 or w/e and just being so excited to see what kind of things I could do with all that but after everything becomes predictable and you loose all excitement from the game it becomes just a PvP platform and all that left is the chit-chat with friends while doing pk that would've been seen as 'over organized' back in the day.

I agree with both of the last two posts. I am considered the noob priest because I let people die, or don't know how to use F11, almost funny to me.
    I loved making my first and only Elixir+8, by hand mind you, after 1000x fails, I finally got one. Now, if it's not +21, you are in the doghouse...

Making stuff, earning it, creating it, farming for it....that is why I loved to play. IT WAS FUN. Now, it's about something totally different, and yes, mainly cuz nothing has changed except more scrolls, ingame stuff to buy...I don't see anything but some new maps, border defense etc..thats cool. Played out the first few weeks I was back..
    I have not yet been in one harpy party, and wow, back in the day on Diez, you had to stand in line to get into one....Where are you Soultaker!!

Anyone know if there is a way to move your character to another server? If they incorporated that, maybe it would be more fun.
    Anyone can explain about character seal and selling your characters legally ingame?

I miss my old clan. I had a clannie, Jaquen, used to tell me all the time, I never met anyone who could bring people together and have so much fun more than you Miss...
    I was a noob then, still a noob now, but I tell ya, I miss those other noobs I used to hang with thats for sure. The new "elite" crowds are a little too cliquish for me. The few english speaking people I have met though are cool...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123