Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Dupers - A Fine Line

This is a discussion on Dupers - A Fine Line within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; We all know dupers ruin the game. They flood the economy and screw legit people out of their money when ...
Page: 1

Yun_Yuuzhan

Default Dupers - A Fine Line

We all know dupers ruin the game. They flood the economy and screw legit people out of their money when the inevitable wipes come. However, here's an odd question coming from someone like me - is duping ever justified?

Imagine you are level 65+, all +8 armors and +8 weapon, farmed for them legitly and purchased from people you trusted. You've spent billions but it was worth it, you're geared and ready to PK. A week later you log in and are NAKED. All armor and weapons gone.

What if you had the knowledge to dupe? Say you decided to get your gear back by any means necessary. CS refuses to roll you back for whatever reason, so with the last of your cash, you get legit +1s and dupe them so you can get all +8 gear again. You do not sell any of the dupes since you don't want to screw anyone over, you just want your hard earned gear back. After all your gear is +8 again, you NPC whatever remains to ensure the +8's won't get wiped and to make sure none of it is ever sold to honest, unsuspecting people.

Would you do it that way if you could? In effect, 'roll yourself back', with no harm to others? I'm wondering if those kinds of dupers really are so bad. After all, dupe wipes hurt the legit players the most, the dupers just shrug and dupe their stuff again.

The ones who sell their dupes can die though, they ruin the game.

hmm maybe i would do it, im not sure.

FatM4n

intresting point u have but I think it's more "legal" to farm back ur gear and make it +8 the non duped way

Haxium

Do u really think that someone who would have the knowledge to dupe, would only try to get his stuff back and no "extra" at all ?
    Imo they would just start to equip their friends, then clannie, then start selling legit dupe over the forum and make a lot of money (who said kom?).

Artemiss

Default Re: Dupers - A Fine Line

Originally posted by Yun_Yuuzhan
    We all know dupers ruin the game. *They flood the economy and screw legit people out of their money when the inevitable wipes come. *However, here's an odd question coming from someone like me - is duping ever justified?

Imagine you are level 65+, all +8 armors and +8 weapon, farmed for them legitly and purchased from people you trusted. *You've spent billions but it was worth it, you're geared and ready to PK. *A week later you log in and are NAKED. *All armor and weapons gone.

What if you had the knowledge to dupe? *Say you decided to get your gear back by any means necessary. *CS refuses to roll you back for whatever reason, so with the last of your cash, you get legit +1s and dupe them so you can get all +8 gear again. *You do not sell any of the dupes since you don't want to screw anyone over, you just want your hard earned gear back. *After all your gear is +8 again, you NPC whatever remains to ensure the +8's won't get wiped and to make sure none of it is ever sold to honest, unsuspecting people.

Would you do it that way if you could? *In effect, 'roll yourself back', with no harm to others? *I'm wondering if those kinds of dupers really are so bad. *After all, dupe wipes hurt the legit players the most, the dupers just shrug and dupe their stuff again.

The ones who sell their dupes can die though, they ruin the game.
    dupe is a dupe againts the ToS dont like it /quit get a girlfiend

BuFFs_BuNNy

duper is duper nomatter if they sell or not fuck all h43r:

IRockUSuck

No never

i buyed +7 shell set 2x+8 shard with bilions but all wiped and what happened?

i had 400m i never go out of moradon and merchant all time for 1-2 weeks but i still want my shells i have +8 md +7 shard +7 fps -_-!

then what happened?

The guy i bought my shards saw me with some glowies and hacked me...

in the end

open a new char :wub: :wub:

TunaFishyMe

there are always honest people in the world even though you cant see them from the mass group of dishonest people covering them.

If i had that gear and i got hacked, there will be no way i will play legitly anymore. I worked hard for what i get and the company fuks me over? Now they expect me to play by their rules? Not a chance.

FiRe

buy items for usd from trustable and old plyers who wanna sell ur items or who is quitting game..it is the best way..but there is no too many people to got this luckt to buy/sell items for real money..

it is for you..IRockUSuck

and im sorry for ur items.

Artemiss

Originally posted by TunaFishyMe
    there are always honest people in the world even though you cant see them from the mass group of dishonest people covering them.

If i had that gear and i got hacked, there will be no way i will play legitly anymore. *I worked hard for what i get and the company fuks me over? *Now they expect me to play by their rules? *Not a chance.

thats a risk of playing this game you never know what will happen. Dont like it? ==> /quit

Originally posted by TunaFishyMe

If i had that gear and i got hacked, there will be no way i will play legitly anymore. *I worked hard for what i get and the company fuks me over? *Now they expect me to play by their rules? *Not a chance.
    Completly agree, if I was stripped of all my gear and had that chance, I dont think there is a single person that can honestly say they wouldent do that. If the company cant get their act together no reason why you shouldent want to try and take matters into your own hands.

However, IF that did happen to me, I would just quit the game, so this situation will never occur to me. In all my 2 years (or more? to lazy to figure out how long I have played, but I remember it was in october , around the first weeks of ares) of playing this game I have NEVER been hacked. I have also shared my accounts with other people (and others have shared theirs with me, such as cava), and have never been scammed or hacked in any way.

does this make me scum or does it make me honest? :lol:

hee hee i bought it off some guy for 200 mil because it made me laugh, btw no need to go 'omg you are ruin teh game bcuz teh it3m is teh ub0r' because i promise you it is not :lol: cama slowed me more with it on than when i was wearing no belt :lol:. I thought i'd see if i'd get any pm's xD

PriesTesS

tho u're way of thinking makes sence, i personaly think it's a bad idea.
    Once u dupe it might be hard to stop, and even tho u feel it's justified, it's still duping.

Originally posted by Artemiss+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Artemiss)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-TunaFishyMe

thats a risk of playing this game you never know what will happen. Dont like it? ==> /quit[/b]
    Doubt you'd say that when you get stripped of ur shell +8...

hahaha

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast