Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

How come the DM don't atk KOXP?

This is a discussion on How come the DM don't atk KOXP? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; and why does the GM don't Ban them? i shout all the time - location and name of koxp user ...
Page: 1

didinino

Default How come the DM don't atk KOXP?

and why does the GM don't Ban them? i shout all the time - location and name of koxp user and no 1 comes.

is koxp became legal!? wtf is that?!

I dunno if I wanna play this game with every1 koxp and DON"T DIE OF LURING ON THEM!

pls tell me - why don't they die, and where the F is the gms?....(i know u don't know where r they, just tell me something..)

TunaFishyMe

GMs make an appearance and then the turks kill him. Thats why they are never on for more than a day.

Kik0

Default Re: How come the DM don't atk KOXP?

Originally posted by didinino
    and why does the GM don't Ban them? i shout all the time - location and name of koxp user and no 1 comes.

I dunno if I wanna play this game with every1 koxp and DON"T DIE OF LURING ON THEM!

pls tell me - why don't they die, and where the F is the gms?....(i know u don't know where r they, just tell me something..)
    Because the game is full of good samaritans such as yourself that keep shouting "OMGz KOXP, GM COME PLYS" while I'm killing blades/trons and ignoring their pms asking for a party with my trades blocked.
    And DMs aren't aggro outside of their spawn, they will however attack a priest that's healing, but that's best kept to the boss ks topic.

Yun_Yuuzhan

Originally posted by didinino

A good question. Cheaters run around in the game consistently with ridiculous gear and levels. Legit players can do the same if they put in the proper amount of time. The really insulting part is that the difference between a cheater and a legit player appears to have largely been blurred...cheaters are no longer the pariahs they should be. Instead, someone gets a level 70 character by some means and purchases items for USD, and owns with it. Not only that, he isn't a dick about it. He would often be accepted by the community instead of being labeled as the cheater he actually is. Even worse, with the drop rates being what they are, farming the way you were originally supposed to is now harder than ever.

Originally posted by Yun_Yuuzhan+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Yun_Yuuzhan)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-didinino

A good question. Cheaters run around in the game consistently with ridiculous gear and levels. Legit players can do the same if they put in the proper amount of time. The really insulting part is that the difference between a cheater and a legit player appears to have largely been blurred...cheaters are no longer the pariahs they should be. Instead, someone gets a level 70 character by some means and purchases items for USD, and owns with it. Not only that, he isn't a dick about it. He would often be accepted by the community instead of being labeled as the cheater he actually is. Even worse, with the drop rates being what they are, farming the way you were originally supposed to is now harder than ever.

...[/b]

How totally true <_< . You'd be surprised how many people ask me daily why I don't use totemic +8 instead of my 7 or full shells instead of my 2 peices. When I tell them that I farm all my own eq, I generally get obnoxious responses like thats noob you should buy from market and get the bests items -_- . My play style has and always will be farming my own crap. I don't desire to buy unreal garbage from the market that is almost always gained from some illegal means be it via babashop or duping etc.

Cleatus

Instead, someone gets a level 70 character by some means and purchases items for USD, and owns with it. Not only that, he isn't a dick about it. He would often be accepted by the community instead of being labeled as the cheater he actually is.

can you expound on this pls? I'm having a hard time with this logic. In essence, by your logic, I am a cheater as I have purchased a relatively well equipped, level 70 charactor.

Is my assumption correct?

Originally posted by Cleatus
    Instead, someone gets a level 70 character by some means and purchases items for USD, and owns with it. Not only that, he isn't a dick about it. He would often be accepted by the community instead of being labeled as the cheater he actually is.

can you expound on this pls? *I'm having a hard time with this logic. *In essence, by your logic, I am a cheater as I have purchased a relatively well equipped, level 70 charactor.

Is my assumption correct?

I would have to say yes since that would be a direct violation of the K2 TOS agreement that you click "Yes I agree" when you first load up your game after installation.

Cleatus

Really?

Originally posted by Cleatus
    Really?
    Really

Cleatus

:unsure: So this makes me as bad as a Koxp-er?

I hate to use this excuse.. but... everybody's doing it

ofc not everybody everybody.. but lot's o stuff for sale, chars, etc...

TunaFishyMe

tbh, selling your char for USD when you quit and havin someone buy it is as bad as speeding or spitting gum out of the window.

Sure, its against the law but its not as bad as murder!! Dam murderous KOSPeres.

Cleatus

whew! :wub:

Well... like most things K2 doesn't care to put a stop to it. So.. many people will continue to do it just like many people cointinue to use koxp and dupe etc. They do it simply because there is little or no fear of being punished for the act. Morally, the bottom line is you shoudln't be doing it if its illegal to the game regardless.

TunaFishyMe

I dont know. I have 3 speeding tickets and im still going to speed lol. They never take points off me though (dont really know why).
    Likewise, I will always sell stuff for USD if I feel the needs to. All games have people buying/selling for USD. How can they enforce something like that? Put spies on unofficial forums?

Originally posted by TunaFishyMe
    tbh, selling your char for USD when you quit and havin someone buy it is as bad as speeding or spitting gum out of the window.

Sure, its against the law but its not as bad as murder!! *Dam murderous KOSPeres.

Actually its more tantamount to bootlegging music off of limeware/former napster etc. You are getting a product that came from a 1st party source from a 3rd party source without the consent of this product being distributed by the 3rd party source. SO ACTUALLY, its a hell of a lot more criminal than speeding or spitting gum out the window. K2 just doesn't choose to do anything about it because there would have to be a lot of legal fees as well as enormous resources spent in time and energy to prosecute those involved. The only difference between this and the record industry is while its costing k2 maybe some premium money, bootlegging music costs the record industry millions uppon millions. Therefore K2 chooses not to spend more in legal fees than it would get in return for the lost premium. Its a cost benefit analysis at its core.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast