Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By C0rruptioN
  • 2 Post By zenemiG

I really think you need to read this. I'm serious.

This is a discussion on I really think you need to read this. I'm serious. within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Could you Imagine if knight Online became "Non Profit Knight Online?" Yeah, i said it. It sounds crazy doesn't it? ...
Page: 1

SlickPrick Senior Member jewboy's Avatar

Default I really think you need to read this. I'm serious.

Could you Imagine if knight Online became "Non Profit Knight Online?"

Yeah, i said it. It sounds crazy doesn't it? Imagine if Knight Online was run as a Non Profit Organization, but YOU COULD STILL DONATE. All of the shit that everyone does for KO they would do it for free. The only thing that would be paid for is of course the servers and that stuff. The people though that are doing all the work on the servers and all that jazz do it for free. All of the money that you donate would go to your own personal account that you would open up when you registerd an account. IDk maybe KO made a contract with a bank? or maybe it establishes its own banking system :P IDk. Anyways I think that the servers should be wiped clean after a few years and everyone has that x amount of dollars that you spent on the game returned to you at a certain percentage. That percentage would be determined after they figured out what the cost of the server and maintenance etcc was. they would subtract the cost of the server from the total amount of money collected by everyone and then whatever % the damage were, they would take that percentage from each persons account monthly, or however long the payments are on the server. Now you have X amount of dollars in your bank, a brand new KO server to start playing on again and trying to fight to be the best on the server. Man that sounds like fun to me. I dont have to worry about selling my items on the server i just played to make money to play the new server coming out. Every server would start fresh and you'd get X amount of dollars back that you spent on the PUS throughout however long the server went for. How long do you think the servers would theoretically run for if this idea was Plausible?

oh and BTW... I'm high ^^..... Tell me its not an amazing idea though? whho wouldn't want to play this game? even if you started 1 year before the server was going to wipe and the servers full of lvl 80's and blah blah you could just be a RLB character for the year or ardream, and then the server wipes you can go for 80 then. I also believe that this idea would almost completely remove any people spending money on the game other than for the PUS. ie buying weapons and armor for their own money on these forums :P Who would spend money on an item, only for it to be deleted soon? I guess people on private servers do, but this is different :P maybe this should be a private server thing? i think too many people would play it for it to be a private server though.

Alright i'm done typing. I'm tired and high and i want to go to sleep. Dont tell me its not a good idea though ^^ goodnight!

man i think i got high by only reading this topic
    could that be even possible?idk? could it?
    the ring likes this.

Founder of LigmaBawz. Senior Member Boshar's Avatar

I don't think it is such a good idea considering people will always find a way to bring chaos into the game as the client's code is outdated.
    On the other hand, it is also considered a good idea. But come on, who wants to restart everything he has done especially Users with full gear.

The only way this could be done, is if there's no option for paying to win at all including (PUS) which won't happen which gets us back to the starting point;
    and a complete upgrade of the client's code to prevent any sort of bug exploiting or cheating which also won't happen as the Official developers
    are not working on the game anymore. The patches you lay your eyes on are made by some script kiddies proven by the creators of Koxp.

However in my opinion, i would neither allow nor accept this change as it affects me, the User and the Administrator, as i have too many
    characters on almost every server which led me into a point where i don't know what would happen to me if i lose them, even with compensation.
    And as an Administrator, i will have to work my ass off for this change, and for what? More fan base? screw it, i already have Users paying me
    each month at the Power up store for premium and for Illegal injected items, this idea will only force me to hire new developers and put a shitload of money.

If you're so into this idea then why not create your own private server and manage it with the best way you can think of, let me see how it goes.

Well you would never get the licensing to do so 'officially', would just end up being a private server...enough said really lol
    MINO and AlexDeSouza like this.

there a few private server offering this, search for it

SlickPrick Senior Member jewboy's Avatar

why wouldn't you get the licensing? I think an assload of people would want to do this because games are a cure for boredom, and you would be guaranteed money back. so its not like the typical games that you pay for and get nothing in return. you would be making an "investment" basically, but you will just get less back instead of more :P

Banned Senior Member

private servers will always fall to corruption

its proven.

Banned Regular Member

didn't read the whole topic only the headline guess it bout it .
    so .. People make games online to make profit , sometimes you know , it MAY cost money to contain alot of servers containing few thousands of players.
    And the gm work ... a knightonline without profit will not be a mmo lol .
    I mean , who will be the sucker to put money on a non-profitable thing ?

Quote Originally Posted by FuriousKo View Post
    private servers will always fall to corruption

its proven.
    I belived that also until i joined oldshoolKO.

Quote Originally Posted by jewboy View Post
    Could you Imagine if knight Online became "Non Profit Knight Online?"

Yeah, i said it. It sounds crazy doesn't it? Imagine if Knight Online was run as a Non Profit Organization, but YOU COULD STILL DONATE. All of the shit that everyone does for KO they would do it for free. The only thing that would be paid for is of course the servers and that stuff. The people though that are doing all the work on the servers and all that jazz do it for free. All of the money that you donate would go to your own personal account that you would open up when you registerd an account. IDk maybe KO made a contract with a bank? or maybe it establishes its own banking system :P IDk. Anyways I think that the servers should be wiped clean after a few years and everyone has that x amount of dollars that you spent on the game returned to you at a certain percentage. That percentage would be determined after they figured out what the cost of the server and maintenance etcc was. they would subtract the cost of the server from the total amount of money collected by everyone and then whatever % the damage were, they would take that percentage from each persons account monthly, or however long the payments are on the server. Now you have X amount of dollars in your bank, a brand new KO server to start playing on again and trying to fight to be the best on the server. Man that sounds like fun to me. I dont have to worry about selling my items on the server i just played to make money to play the new server coming out. Every server would start fresh and you'd get X amount of dollars back that you spent on the PUS throughout however long the server went for. How long do you think the servers would theoretically run for if this idea was Plausible?

oh and BTW... I'm high ^^..... Tell me its not an amazing idea though? whho wouldn't want to play this game? even if you started 1 year before the server was going to wipe and the servers full of lvl 80's and blah blah you could just be a RLB character for the year or ardream, and then the server wipes you can go for 80 then. I also believe that this idea would almost completely remove any people spending money on the game other than for the PUS. ie buying weapons and armor for their own money on these forums :P Who would spend money on an item, only for it to be deleted soon? I guess people on private servers do, but this is different :P maybe this should be a private server thing? i think too many people would play it for it to be a private server though.

Alright i'm done typing. I'm tired and high and i want to go to sleep. Dont tell me its not a good idea though ^^ goodnight!
    I stopped reading after "non profit knight online" and immediatly made this face

Quote Originally Posted by jewboy View Post
    why wouldn't you get the licensing? I think an assload of people would want to do this because games are a cure for boredom, and you would be guaranteed money back. so its not like the typical games that you pay for and get nothing in return. you would be making an "investment" basically, but you will just get less back instead of more :P
    Because mgame own the game lol? You can't just decide your going to make your own version of knight online, especially when they wouldn't be making any money...or it's just a private server.