Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

IA

This is a discussion on IA within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Ice Age? Prolly in 1 more year. FireDrake, the upcoming expansion, in few weeks. Ice Age is a complately different ...
Page: 2

Ice Age? Prolly in 1 more year.

FireDrake, the upcoming expansion, in few weeks.

Ice Age is a complately different expansion.

Senior Member devilscommandments's Avatar

Originally posted by Devile
    Ice Age? Prolly in 1 more year.

FireDrake, the upcoming expansion, in few weeks.

Ice Age is a complately different expansion.
    .............? WHAT. I was told it's the exact same thing, just a diff name.

i thought ia and drake were basically the same but ia just had more quests and a few more monsters and red chit and shit

I remember like 1 year ago, when KE was about to come out and Angiboo was still a GM, they said that Ice Age was a complete rewrite of the KO graphic engine and looked like WoW. Maybe they changed plans and this is Ice Age after all. Disappointing tho, just plain old KO with more quests, items and GUI.

Yun_Yuuzhan

I remember like 1 year ago, when KE was about to come out and Angiboo was still a GM, they said that Ice Age was a complete rewrite of the KO graphic engine and looked like WoW. Maybe they changed plans and this is Ice Age after all. Disappointing tho, just plain old KO with more quests, items and GUI.
    Who really cares about graphics anyway? The fun's in the gameplay, not the polygons.

Banned Senior Member

I remember reading that, saying the USKO will get Knight Empire, Ice Age, and a 3rd expansion all at once and they were almost done just being translated last Jan/Feb

Originally posted by Yun_Yuuzhan
    Who really cares about graphics anyway? *The fun's in the gameplay, not the polygons. *
    When u have great hardware but the game runs like if u have a 486 after just 1 hour of playing, u start caring about graphics.

Also, expansions usually mean core changes to the game, important new features, not more of the same. Like 1 more class and not just add more and more of the same stuff. Female Orc mage is not a new class.

Senior Member devilscommandments's Avatar

need a class that can fly. And ! how about giving us some horses, I always wanted to ride a horse :wub:

Lammer

Due to popular demand and continued needed assistance in bug reporting, we will be keeping the Beta servers open until further notice.
    Due to popular demand.... and NONSTOPING EMERGING BUGS!.. :lol:

Yun_Yuuzhan

Originally posted by Devile+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Devile)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-Yun_Yuuzhan
    Who really cares about graphics anyway? *The fun's in the gameplay, not the polygons. *
    When u have great hardware but the game runs like if u have a 486 after just 1 hour of playing, u start caring about graphics.

Also, expansions usually mean core changes to the game, important new features, not more of the same. Like 1 more class and not just add more and more of the same stuff. Female Orc mage is not a new class.[/b]
    Game runs fine on my rig after 12 hours of play. Maybe you better check that hardware again

evenson

Originally posted by Yun_Yuuzhan+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Yun_Yuuzhan)</div>
    Originally posted by Devile@

Also, expansions usually mean core changes to the game, important new features, not more of the same. Like 1 more class and not just add more and more of the same stuff. Female Orc mage is not a new class.
    Game runs fine on my rig after 12 hours of play. Maybe you better check that hardware again [/b]
    bs, everyone gets fps drops.

Banned Senior Member

I lose like 5 fps after hours of gameplay, The last time I relogged due to low FPS was about 9 months ago

Originally posted by evenson+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(evenson)</div>
    Originally posted by Yun_Yuuzhan+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Yun_Yuuzhan)
    <!--QuoteBegin-Devile
    @

Game runs fine on my rig after 12 hours of play. Maybe you better check that hardware again [/b]
    bs, everyone gets fps drops.[/b][/quote]

When i was playing, if i didn't relog about every hour and a half or so of 3 spawn trolls, i started to get like 5-8 fps MAX. I personally don't think my system is all that bad, graphics card could use an upgrade but its decent atm.

ArminVanBuuren

True...WoW and Lineage II ftw :P

Been years waiting for something different at KO...at least at lineage I got a dragon ride :lol:

I dunno if the FPS drop just happens on AMD systems, but always happens to me while doing exp. I see the same happens to plenty of ppl in my exp parties cause most have to relog after a while.

I start at 60+ fps and can get as low as 10fps after 2 hours of exping. That's a memory/cpu leak somewhere. Also, KO uses 99% of my CPU all the time, which is completely insane for a game with shitty graphics like KO. That means poorly coded application. Athlon64 3500+ with 2GB of RAM and it runs a 5 year old game worse than Counter-Strike.

Since KO started, the only changes to the game have been:

* New maps
    * Few new mobs
    * Few new quests
    * Few items (shell armor, FT weapons, compound items)
    * Couple new skills (Basically for mages only)
    * and with FireDrake, new GUI.

That's about it. Compare KO to any game out there, RPG, FPS, online or offline. Expansions or big patches on any game introduce in most, if not all cases, deep changes in the game, not just additional items. Specially on a game THIS OLD.

The creativity of MGAME developers is just disappointing. By this time there should be a Knight Online coded using pretty much the latest technology in graphics. More classes and even more races. A decent story line that matches with elaborated tough quests, etc. That doesn't mean PvP should be changed.

This game is all about PvP, but for that, u need to exp and farm. That part of the game is CRAP. Is the most boring and shitiest side of KO. Quests are a joke, exping is stupidly boring and farming is so random is frustrating.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast