Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Idea: An Item Ownership System

This is a discussion on Idea: An Item Ownership System within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; lets say that i mark an IN owned by me, can i take it off so its not owned by ...
Page: 2

Auria

lets say that i mark an IN owned by me, can i take it off so its not owned by me anymore?[/b]
    Of course. That's the whole idea. Own/Unown. Just like Seal/Unseal.

but lemme guess, u need gold prem for it :mellow: but the idea is good!

Auria

Yep is good idea but new dupe methods can start[/b]
    True, but that is not the fault of good ideas like this one, it is the fault of K2 design flaws. However, the Seal/Unseal system seems to work very well now. Wouldn't be much at all to extend it in the manner I describe.

but lemme guess, u need gold prem for it :mellow: but the idea is good![/b]
    Well, of course. You think they'd give you this for free? Ha! Remember it's K2 we're talking about here. Corporate Greed +1. LOL!

Define ʎʇılɐǝɹ. Senior Member The_Real_PlodeZ's Avatar

Brilliant!

But..

Remember it's K2 we're talking about here.[/b]

Auria

Brilliant!

But..

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kitaura)
    Remember it&#39;s K2 we&#39;re talking about here.[/b]
    [/b][/quote]

LMAO! I hear ya, man!

llJuanMall

ur a genius. I love the idea.

however I think it will be nice to have this feature ONLY for clans, for example a grade 1 clan leader has the privilige to "own" an item and then give it to the clannies that deserve/need it.

Auria

Well, none of it really matters anyway. I&#39;m going to have to quit playing KO because I can&#39;t pull myself away from Josri&#39;s sig pic:

:blink:

Banned

good idea email it to mgames see what happens...

k2 has nothign to do with developing the game so u gotta go straight to mgames

Hostage

Hmm, good idea. But the thing with ANY game is the uniqueness of each player. Now, people can just share an armor set and never have to achieve anything ingame. I guess what I&#39;m trying to say is that if you implemented that, it would kinda fuck the game up. Wouldn&#39;t really be fun to go out and farm for your own shit.... I can just borrow from a clannie and it&#39;s all good. ppppftttt noob.

Auria

Hmm, good idea. But the thing with ANY game is the uniqueness of each player. Now, people can just share an armor set and never have to achieve anything ingame. I guess what I&#39;m trying to say is that if you implemented that, it would kinda fuck the game up. Wouldn&#39;t really be fun to go out and farm for your own shit.... I can just borrow from a clannie and it&#39;s all good. ppppftttt noob.[/b]
    Hmnnn, someone&#39;s in love with their l33t gear and doesn&#39;t want to share with the other children. :lol:

Hostage

I have nothing in KO. I quit a looooong time ago.

Auria

I have nothing in KO. I quit a looooong time ago.[/b]
    OK. And, I recognize that you do have a valid point. It is certainly possible that the motivation to work hard for your own stuff could suffer . . . good thought.

It&#39;s still brilliant, though. :P

Protoss Arbiter Senior Member

Yep is good idea but new dupe methods can start[/b]
    That&#39;s due to the incompetence of the developers, and not the idea itself.
    Good developers would be able to implement this without a problem.

Hostage

Heres my next thought. Say I borrow items. Log off. Now, the person who gyfted me those uber 1337 items is going to be able to retrieve items from an account which is not logged in? I dont know coding at all, but is that possible?

Auria

Heres my next thought. Say I borrow items. Log off. Now, the person who gyfted me those uber 1337 items is going to be able to retrieve items from an account which is not logged in? I dont know coding at all, but is that possible?[/b]
    Sure. It&#39;s just numbers in a database, man. Whether you are connected to the system or not, the data is there and can be manipulated as needed. (I&#39;m a software engineer.)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast