Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree176Likes

If you macro you can and will be banned or punished

This is a discussion on If you macro you can and will be banned or punished within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by SkyHunter this is your defense of babashopping? i thought this was a meme lol 1) I can't ...
Page: 11

Quote Originally Posted by SkyHunter View Post
    this is your defense of babashopping? i thought this was a meme lol

1) I can't believe this is actually something you wrote. Babashopping through PUS is extremely inefficient, you usually end up gimping yourself on a lot of GBs in the long run (assuming you are actually babashopping like a true warrior), and I doubt many people actually baba through PUS. If they did, I would be more accepting of it certainly, but that's not the case at all; everyone, literally babas through third party websites and buys GBs directly or items directly. If they actually cracked down on this and seriously gave a flying fuck about people straight up babaing items, then I would 100% agree with them banning people for macro. However, that's not the case, and they decide to crack down on macros for some reason while letting others spend thousands blatantly babashopping (I also don't understand why they have a policy that says no buying items from other players for real cash yet have a sponsorship with bynogame??? maybe some turk can explain that (or regiss)).

2) time advantage in KO? seriously? a game where RNG is everything from the anvil to the loot drops and you're going to complain about time advantage? sure, the larger the amount of items you have the higher probability you're going to make a good item, but the game is so reliant about RNG in just about every aspect of gear I don't think this is an acceptable argument to make at all.

3) the issue with "keeping up" is that you don't really keep up, if someone invests literally 10 hours a day, and you go work for 6 and spend that money in the game, you're way ahead of the person that invested 10 hours, simply because KO doesn't really have anything sustainable or reliable to get gear from (speaking of sustainable reliable gear, LOL REMEMBER DRAGON BOXES ON ORION?? GOOD MEME MY DUDE). What's the point of playing the game if everyone can get the same gear by working half the amount of time they're playing the game? Why not just make the game a full PvP-tournament-esque-game with a pay to play sub system since farming is so inefficient?

now as far as macroing goes;

I still don't see what's so bad about using a macro exactly? It's literally $10 for some keyboard or mouse with programmable drivers, and if you even game semi-avidly I'm sure you'll spend a lot more (how many people have logitech/razer/steelseries etc keyboard or mice?). I don't get how you can take the position that "spending my hard earned money is completely fine to get an advantage but god forbid we allow people who cannot afford to drop $300 in the game use their $25 mouse macro to have a chance to play against me".

the argument "well you're not really playing the game" is also absolute autism, because everyone is on this even playing field number one (assuming macro isn't bannable), and number two who decides what constitutes "playing the game"?

Ah hell yeah orion good times <3333

this is your defense of babashopping? i thought this was a meme lol

1) I can't believe this is actually something you wrote. Babashopping through PUS is extremely inefficient, you usually end up gimping yourself on a lot of GBs
    wrong, it's only inefficient if you are impatient. Many times you can get more out of PUS items than you can buying gb's, but you have to be smart about what you buy, and not be in a hurry to sell it. I just sold some PUS stuff in the last few days that worked out to be worth more gb-wise than what I paid in usd from the PUS for them.
    2) time advantage in KO? seriously? a game where RNG is everything from the anvil to the loot drops and you're going to complain about time advantage? sure, the larger the amount of items you have the higher probability you're going to make a good item, but the game is so reliant about RNG in just about every aspect of gear I don't think this is an acceptable argument to make at all.
    You forget farming aspect, and seem to focus solely on the anvil. The anvil is like las vegas, NO ONE wins in the long term. However, if someone spends 10 hours a day, 5 days a week strictly farming while the other person doesn't play at all because they are working, who is going to have more money ingame?
    (speaking of sustainable reliable gear, LOL REMEMBER DRAGON BOXES ON ORION?? GOOD MEME MY DUDE)
    Ahh the good ol' dragon boxes and monster staffs. Honestly the dragon boxes were shit, the special monster staffs were the holy shit thing. I literally made thousands of dollars off of them. Before they changed it, the monster staffs dropped UTC boxes that gave a random +8 utc weapon. Now those boxes give +5 utc weapons, but I'll tell you my lucky story, I bought 10 of them and got that super lucky rare drop of a box, and it gave me a moonlight+8. I sold it for $550 and spent every penny of it on more staffs. I ended up with 2x buju, 3x azagai, 2x moonlight, 4x khanjar, about 12 of the staffs, and some of the random other crap utc stuff. I made over $2500 on that $550 investment. I spent another $500 after that and had almost similar results, but a few hundred dollars less., Then I did it one more time and $500 only turned into $1000, and I was quitting the game temporarily again at that point, so I stopped. When I came back, they had changed the box drops to +5's and apparently made the drop rate for it much lower, because when I came back I spent another $500 and only got 6 boxes, and other than the moonlight I burned going to +7, I got all shields and priest hammers. Blew $500 bucks right away...that sucked, but I had made so much before from them I didn't care.
    I still don't see what's so bad about using a macro exactly?
    and I don't see the point of playing a game if you are going to cheat. Some macro's I don't mind, but using macro's directly to pk is kinda stupid. All that shows is you suck too much to play legit on the character you play, and your pride in a video game won't let you admit that to yourself. If there are too many buttons for you to press while playing a sin, maybe you shouldn't play sin. I don't understand the mindset that cheating is ok because everyone else does it. Back in the good days of KO, any hint of cheating got you kicked from the top english speaking clans, yes there were top english clans that didn't care, and many turkish clans that blatantly cheated as well, and NOTHING was done by K2. However, that doesn't make it ok, and it was the english community that set those standards.
    (assuming macro isn't bannable),
    but macroing is bannable, and in the other thread I linked the post showing that for steamko, and in this thread regiss linked the thread regarding usko. Macro is illegal. Buying gold directly is also illegal, but you can get around that by buying PUS stuff and selling it. There is no way to get around the illegality of macro ingame, none, nada, zip, zilch, zero ways.

Quote Originally Posted by snipes View Post
    Ahh the good ol' dragon boxes and monster staffs. Honestly the dragon boxes were shit, the special monster staffs were the holy shit thing. I literally made thousands of dollars off of them. Before they changed it, the monster staffs dropped UTC boxes that gave a random +8 utc weapon. Now those boxes give +5 utc weapons, but I'll tell you my lucky story, I bought 10 of them and got that super lucky rare drop of a box, and it gave me a moonlight+8. I sold it for $550 and spent every penny of it on more staffs. I ended up with 2x buju, 3x azagai, 2x moonlight, 4x khanjar, about 12 of the staffs, and some of the random other crap utc stuff. I made over $2500 on that $550 investment. I spent another $500 after that and had almost similar results, but a few hundred dollars less., Then I did it one more time and $500 only turned into $1000, and I was quitting the game temporarily again at that point, so I stopped. When I came back, they had changed the box drops to +5's and apparently made the drop rate for it much lower, because when I came back I spent another $500 and only got 6 boxes, and other than the moonlight I burned going to +7, I got all shields and priest hammers. Blew $500 bucks right away...that sucked, but I had made so much before from them I didn't care.
    nice story

Quote Originally Posted by TheBaela View Post
    nice story
    I seriously didn't even know what I had got the first time around. Didn't have a clue what UTC weapons were. The drops are similar to current utc drops and showed up in chat. I turned in the box, got moonlight, and within 2 minutes was flooded with a full screen of pm's. Right then I knew I had got something really good, I just didn't know at that time how much of a cash cow I had stumbled across.

Good times for sure!

wrong, it's only inefficient if you are impatient. Many times you can get more out of PUS items than you can buying gb's, but you have to be smart about what you buy, and not be in a hurry to sell it. I just sold some PUS stuff in the last few days that worked out to be worth more gb-wise than what I paid in usd from the PUS for them.

You forget farming aspect, and seem to focus solely on the anvil. The anvil is like las vegas, NO ONE wins in the long term. However, if someone spends 10 hours a day, 5 days a week strictly farming while the other person doesn't play at all because they are working, who is going to have more money ingame?

and I don't see the point of playing a game if you are going to cheat. Some macro's I don't mind, but using macro's directly to pk is kinda stupid. All that shows is you suck too much to play legit on the character you play, and your pride in a video game won't let you admit that to yourself. If there are too many buttons for you to press while playing a sin, maybe you shouldn't play sin. I don't understand the mindset that cheating is ok because everyone else does it. Back in the good days of KO, any hint of cheating got you kicked from the top english speaking clans, yes there were top english clans that didn't care, and many turkish clans that blatantly cheated as well, and NOTHING was done by K2. However, that doesn't make it ok, and it was the english community that set those standards.

but macroing is bannable, and in the other thread I linked the post showing that for steamko, and in this thread regiss linked the thread regarding usko. Macro is illegal. Buying gold directly is also illegal, but you can get around that by buying PUS stuff and selling it. There is no way to get around the illegality of macro ingame, none, nada, zip, zilch, zero ways.
    erdo1990 and BaanNekTharious like this.

Yea, reading is hard for you. Sorry for not being a dumbfuck neanderthal like you

Macro bad ugga ugga game no like

better?

nice story
    Rhymes likes this.

If you want to play a highly competitive, completely fair and balanced game you should quit.

Most of what makes KO such a good game is the fact that you can gain an absolutely huge advantage over the field and being overpowered as fuck is fun.

Arguing about gear/macro advantages is so stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavie View Post
    If you want to play a highly competitive, completely fair and balanced game you should quit.

Most of what makes KO such a good game is the fact that you can gain an absolutely huge advantage over the field and being overpowered as fuck is fun.

Arguing about gear/macro advantages is so stupid.
    C'mon Jak, even you know the difference between baba and macro. Fukwits thinking they are the shit because they hack to win doesn't remotely compare to baba's that buy gear and still suck.

It's not hacking for the most part and we're talking about a game which is wildly noncompetitive anyway. In fact most of the fun lies in shitting on people as hard as possible with the biggest advantage possible. I mean, people can't possibly get satisfaction from personally having a 'good' combo.

It's a tiny advantage on most classes with the exception of sin where it's pretty much mandatory that you macro minor so I don't really see any problem.

People buying gear creates the biggest problem for competition on a game like this whereas cunts macroing skills accounts for a tiny %.
    SkyHunter and erdo1990 like this.

Polak Extraordinaire Senior Member

1) usually people babashop because they dont want to wait 72 hours to go PK, they just want to buy a buju+8 and go PK immediately, guess you think people only babashop through PUS which isn't the argument at all; the argument is babashopping period, and the majority of it happens outside of PUS (this is true simply because bynogame exists and it wouldn't unless there was a demand for a site as such), and the fact that you're defending and using this as a real argument, I'd only accept if you only EXCLUSIVELY bought from PUS in your entire life (which I doubt is true)

2) there's also no way in absolute hell that you can possibly consider farming equal to just buying shit with $$$, like what??? if you're working 5 days a week 10 hours (362$ if you make 7.25$ an hour, most people make way above this but let's say you live in some really poor US state and earn minimum shitwage (some states are up to $9+/hour so this is really generous)) a day you can spend 1/3rd ($120) of what you've earned (per week) and you'll be about equal with the person farming, I don't know what you farm or how lucky you are, but I sincerely doubt you farming is anywhere even near time efficient, most games farming you average around $3/hour so nice dude keep farming (unless youre farming tarantulas then youre earning like $30000/hour)

3) dragon boxes were pretty nuts (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vqPTgz0JqA one of my old clan members good meme video to laugh about)

4) you don't see the point of playing a game if you're going to cheat huh?

looking to buy a lot of gb's
    Buying 30+ GB's
    Buying 20+ GB's
    Buy 10gb $200

nice man keep up the hypocrisy I really fucking love it bro, I honestly should just stop replying to you right now as you're one of those morons that preaches one thing then says another thing. As far as the english clans thing, why was babashopping and selling and buying items for $2k paypal okay but using a $100 keyboard macro bad? they're both equally bad, stop being some self righteous piece of shit lmao

edit: taking a page out of razors bloodline book

NICE EVEN YOUR OWN FRIEND JAK DISAGREES WITH YOU AHAHAHAHA
    Last edited by SkyHunter; 02-15-2018 at 11:43 PM.
    erdo1990 and Rhymes like this.

Little archer Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by erdo1990 View Post
    nice story
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBaela View Post
    nice story
    Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    5. Golden comedy bits such as "Nice [insert thing here]" HAHAHAHAHA!
    You guys should do stand up comedy.
    snipes likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    You guys should do stand up comedy.
    You should get your voice checked

Quote Originally Posted by Lavie View Post

It's a tiny advantage on most classes with the exception of sin where it's pretty much mandatory that you macro minor so I don't really see any problem.
    I never macro'd as a sin bro, ever, and you know that. All the times we played together back in the day and wrecked shit, I NEVER macro'd. Once MH CD came into play I adjusted my style and started using hp pots. I bet these macro kiddies don't use hp pots.

4) you don't see the point of playing a game if you're going to cheat huh?

looking to buy a lot of gb's
    Buying 30+ GB's
    Buying 20+ GB's
    Buy 10gb $200

nice man keep up the hypocrisy I really fucking love it bro, I honestly should just stop replying to you right now as you're one of those morons that preaches one thing then says another thing. As far as the english clans thing, why was babashopping and selling and buying items for $2k paypal okay but using a $100 keyboard macro bad? they're both equally bad, stop being some self righteous piece of shit lmao

edit: taking a page out of razors bloodline book

NICE EVEN YOUR OWN FRIEND JAK DISAGREES WITH YOU AHAHAHAHA
    Arguing about gear and macro advantages within KO is kind of dumb. Relentlessly attacking a dude on this forum in the fashion your doing it makes you look a whole lot dumber.

You don't have to win the internet mate, just post your opinion and fuck up.
    snipes likes this.

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast