Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 LastLast
Like Tree176Likes

If you macro you can and will be banned or punished

This is a discussion on If you macro you can and will be banned or punished within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by twostars That's not quite accurate. Official does enforce server-side cooldowns, however they're only really practical for skills ...
Page: 14

Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    That's not quite accurate. Official does enforce server-side cooldowns, however they're only really practical for skills with longer CDs. For skills like minor heal where the CD is sub 1s, it's virtually nonexistent, so they have a small generic CD enforced instead to buffer them (hence the silent fails every now and then you'll see officially).

Officially it doesn't verify cast times though, which might be what he was thinking of (the KO client is actually pretty stupid about even reasonably accurate timing; things skew a lot [so skills randomly slow down or speed up], so this is more difficult than it should be...).
    Thank you, twostars.

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SheldonCooper View Post
    Actually there's a build for every class known to be the best at least regarding 1 v 1s. Warrior generallly going with best baal weapon as highest grade possible and krowaz sets. and rogues going with raum and moonlight jamadars, or even khanjars and moonlights. everyone toping that with highest grade krowaz sets and that's about it. And yeah macro matters aswell it does make a huge different and no it doesn't mean you gonna over power an macro minorer with a hp pot as counter damage reaction. because a good sin will do that anyway toping it with perfect macro minoring in fights.

But if you are reffering as changing different gears for team fights in that case you are right. There is a lot of variety you can use and mix and match different weapons against a different opponents most notably observing support mages and priests what kind of shileds they are using aswell.
    In the current version of the game, it's not as flexible to builds because the stats are so high. Go back say 5 years and there was still flexibility. Go back to when it was the 80 cap and you could really play with things, go further back to the 70 cap and my god you could have so much fun with changing your build.

As a rule of thumb, I would rather have health on my items then outright dex with my sin. I knew having more HP/MP is what allowed me to survive. There use to be so much rumors about my "crazy" gear when it boiled down to making choices that made me hard to kill. To be able to make NP you need to stop loosing them. I would rather hit and run my targets, but I would always make myself look weaker than I was. For example I geared Le Hane with RB+10 Shell, because RB+11 glowed brighter. I would rather have a mix of ROL's and ROF's , because I wanted HP and resistances to when I attacked mages exping, I could take a beating.

Even with all the extra items the current game has, I still built my 83 sin around what is very outdated gear, but padded the stats I knew were the core values of the game. Do people still realise it's GR that lower the effectiveness of Leg Cut and Scream and not LR? Do sins still keep MS up at all times, or has it become the norm to use what ever items to cover for oversights?

I played with some very good players of my time period and I was an OK player, but I was shrewd in how I played the game. I am very lucky to have become good friends with 000000 and we still call each other up and chat to this day. He helped me learn more about playing the sin than anyone else. When we last played KO using the sin I built, we both agreed that we didn't like how the game had changed, but we were able to adapt and make NP, but as old school Sins, we loved 1 or 2 man PK as it was really fast paced and reactionary. Now PK is very much about planning and working with big groups.

I don't like KO as it is now, but I sure as hell respect any player who can play this game well. It is still one of the hardest games to carve out any dominance and items don't make a great player. They help for sure, otherwise I wouldn't have chased after stuff, but you need to understand how the game works at the given period you play in. Were the old days good? No the game was run by total cunts and there were bastards left, right and centre, but the community is so multinational and accepting of anyone who is willing to learn a few works of a different language.
    l911l likes this.

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    That's not quite accurate. Official does enforce server-side cooldowns, however they're only really practical for skills with longer CDs. For skills like minor heal where the CD is sub 1s, it's virtually nonexistent, so they have a small generic CD enforced instead to buffer them (hence the silent fails every now and then you'll see officially).

Officially it doesn't verify cast times though, which might be what he was thinking of (the KO client is actually pretty stupid about even reasonably accurate timing; things skew a lot [so skills randomly slow down or speed up], so this is more difficult than it should be...).
    I would expect it to be heavily tied to clock cycles of the CPU? It's why as the game and servers have changed, there is always a slight difference to how the game feels when you combo.
    l911l likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyHunter View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_equivalence

Oh so you admit you illegally babashopped? I'm glad you finally admit to having to cheat to beat me, cheater.

I don't know why you think using a macro gives you some automatic "win" button. On a rogue, the only thing you're macroing is your soulpot and a minor (then another for minor+hp pot I guess). But there's so much more to rogue than using minor, even if they removed minor from rogue it'd still be a strong utility class. I don't know where you have this "pushing a lot of buttons to win" idea from, but it's certainly from your dreams because that doesn't determine who wins number 1, number 2 you are literally macroing THREE BUTTONS AT MOST. I think this post illustrates the fact that you've never played sin well.

I guarantee you, if you grab whatever clan you want and you face them against the best turkish clan and make them fight you without using macros, they will still kick your ass. Macroing doesn't determine who wins or loses, and if you lose an 8v8 and think "they won because of macros" then you are so delusional or terrible at this game that you have absolutely NO clue what's going on.

And now you're making an argument that a macro is a gateway drug and you'll use more macros once you use one (which isn't true at all, I've played with a lot of great sins and none of them use a macro for anything other than minor+soulpot, including myself). What else are you going to macro on a rogue? Seriously, I want to hear your argument for this, because this is just absolutely stupid.

No gear can compete with someone with a cheater mindset? What am I going to do? Make my combo absolutely perfect frame perfect so I never miss an R and hit you for 50 damage in your krowaz +21 with my kukry+4?

At the end of the day, if you babashopped at all illegally (IE: not through the PUS), you are just as guilty of breaking a rule and cheating as someone who uses macro. It doesn't matter if there's an "alternative" way of doing it, (and you yourself don't even use the alternative method all the time) you broke a rule that's outlined by the game therefore you're a cheater. Stop being so self righteous and claiming "well you can also baba by using PUS so what I'm doing is okay but macro is bad". You have baba'd before without using PUS, you are just as worthy of being banned as anyone who uses a macro period.

If you seriously think using a macro removes any "skill" from this game, then you must not have played this game very well recently. I don't know what's skillful about spamming 3 buttons on your keyboard non stop as if you're having a seizure. Does it add a degree of complexity to the game? Certainly, however there's no "skill" involved in that complexity.

It's just so laughable that you genuinely believe macro is a "you will not fail" button.

And here is your own absolutely retarded statement back at you bud; instead of saying you suck at this game and can't play with a glave +1, you choose the easy route and decide to baba 30gbs from KO4Life.
    Still waiting for snipes reply on this

Quote Originally Posted by Rhymes View Post
    Still waiting for snipes reply on this
    I already did. I've already said my feelings about babashop, and asked a question about a situation like mine. So I'll ask again. If I earned/PUS baba'd the gear I originally had, then quit and sold out, then returned later and used the same amount I sold for to buy back, am I a baba? Admittedly, I have bought and sold gb's and items directly to and from people, but spent money on PUS stuff to build up my gear originally when I started, and had the good sense to save tons of gb's from the christmas event of '06 or '07. That was when coin dupe was rampant and shell7 set cost 40gb or more, and shard/raptor+1's sold for 3-4gb.

As far as macro, mages, priests, and warriors use it a lot as well, not just sins, and in my opinion it just diminishes the fun of the game. I have played with both good and crap gear, and had fun both ways. Right now I'm playing with absolute garbage gear, not using any macros, and I still have fun.

You guys keep going on about how is mashing so many keys fun? Well, its not, but its what determines the skill level of a player. That has always been the fun part in this game to me, practicing and mastering a class. By macroing, you are taking the skill factor out, then boasting about how 'skilled' you are? Like WTF?

You can put all the gear you want on a shit player, they will still be shit. GotYou from antihackers clan in cwest is THE prime example of that. Guy had about the best geared 83 warrior in the server, and would lose in vs to rlb players.

Quote Originally Posted by snipes View Post
    I already did. I've already said my feelings about babashop, and asked a question about a situation like mine. So I'll ask again. If I earned/PUS baba'd the gear I originally had, then quit and sold out, then returned later and used the same amount I sold for to buy back, am I a baba? Admittedly, I have bought and sold gb's and items directly to and from people, but spent money on PUS stuff to build up my gear originally when I started, and had the good sense to save tons of gb's from the christmas event of '06 or '07. That was when coin dupe was rampant and shell7 set cost 40gb or more, and shard/raptor+1's sold for 3-4gb.

As far as macro, mages, priests, and warriors use it a lot as well, not just sins, and in my opinion it just diminishes the fun of the game. I have played with both good and crap gear, and had fun both ways. Right now I'm playing with absolute garbage gear, not using any macros, and I still have fun.

You guys keep going on about how is mashing so many keys fun? Well, its not, but its what determines the skill level of a player. That has always been the fun part in this game to me, practicing and mastering a class. By macroing, you are taking the skill factor out, then boasting about how 'skilled' you are? Like WTF?

You can put all the gear you want on a shit player, they will still be shit. GotYou from antihackers clan in cwest is THE prime example of that. Guy had about the best geared 83 warrior in the server, and would lose in vs to rlb players.
    rotfl GotYou, mr atross king on CW 2 CZ
    snipes likes this.

Any 83 warriors still using attack build?

now it all makes sense

Quote Originally Posted by erdo1990 View Post
    lol

U MADBRO!

YEA U MAD!

COME AT ME BRO!

I probably took a lot of your np's as an attack warrior, despite your macro healz I still kicked ur ass!

Now here you are all QQ

lol

U MADBRO!

YEA U MAD!

COME AT ME BRO!

I probably took a lot of your np's as an attack warrior, despite your macro healz I still kicked ur ass!

Now here you are all QQ
    how mad r u?

Quote Originally Posted by erdo1990 View Post
    how mad r u?
    zero to ten?
    minus 4

Little archer Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by regiss View Post
    rotfl GotYou, mr atross king on CW 2 CZ
    GotYou and Katreen.

Name a better duo, I'll wait.

Holy shit this is still going on. And people say that english community is dead,just throw them something to argue and np. Btw the conclusion is that no1 realy gives a fuck about macro,since its 2018,but hey,you suck if you macro cuz people on the internet said so !!!

Little archer Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by stimpy View Post
    Holy shit this is still going on. And people say that english community is dead,just throw them something to argue and np. Btw the conclusion is that no1 realy gives a fuck about macro,since its 2018,but hey,you suck if you macro cuz people on the internet said so !!!
    Did your space bar break or did you forget to include it in your macro?

The problem here isn't people claiming this:
    but hey,you suck if you macro
    but this:
    but hey,you suck if you don't macro
    Some people will defend this, it's sad tbh.

lol

U MADBRO!

YEA U MAD!

COME AT ME BRO!

Now here you are all QQ
    I bet you go shockstun instead of descent aswell np
    erdo1990 likes this.

Polak Extraordinaire Senior Member

I already answered this as well; yes you are still a cheater. The law doesn't ask what you did before you broke it, the only important thing is you broke it.

I want to know what macro mage and priests are using, because if I can macro on other classes, maybe I won't suck at them too!

There's more to the game now than there was 10 years ago; which is why macro isn't that horrid anymore. Back then minor was extremely important because everyone had insanely low life, no survivability mechanics (gabs for example), and sins actually played a role in party vs party. Nowadays sins do jack shit in 8v8 (serious ones anyway), and when they do it's literally just CP-dura pot timings (alongside some cures). As far as warrior macros, it's just people using what's available to them because NTTGame doesn't do enough to stop them from doing it. People will always do whatever they can to get an advantage (much like you with your illegal babashopping), especially if they know that the enforcer won't do anything to stop them (or the chance of getting stopped is like 1%).

"determines the skill of a player", you're delusional. If you say someone is "skilled" because they can minor (that's literally all you can do on a rogue macro), then you have extremely low standards for people (which explains your constant necessity to baba I guess). This video is a great example of a sin that uses a macro and is still completely fucking terrible. Watch the sin called Pro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDexFxQaPb8

Watch Pro and watch KingFunky. Both are using macros, Pro had even better gear than Kingfunky in this video. Compare playstyles and deaths. Now tell me again macro is meaningful at all, you absolute buffoon.

If you macro though? You are taking away the skill part. You are cheating to win, and you won't fail.
    You sure are right bud, that Pro guy was the #1 sin on the server with his sick macro and gear!

You can put all the macros you want on a shit player, they will still be shit. ApexKO is THE prime example of that. Lots of people on that server (that plays warrior or rogue) uses macro, and 99% of them are absolutely brainless morons.
    Last edited by SkyHunter; 02-21-2018 at 02:24 PM.
    Rhymes likes this.