Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718
Like Tree176Likes

If you macro you can and will be banned or punished

This is a discussion on If you macro you can and will be banned or punished within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by Lavie High MMR arena in WoW is more intense/complex than KO PVP by a long shot, if ...
Page: 18

Polak Extraordinaire Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lavie View Post
    High MMR arena in WoW is more intense/complex than KO PVP by a long shot, if you like to compete I'd highly recommend it. Actually playing KO right now because I just want to steamroll people high as fuck without having to think.
    The nuance complexities you talk about in KO are pretty much dead, obviously playing your own character as well as possible makes a difference in how well your team as a whole is going to do but, in party pk the 2 biggest factors now are team composition and gear, which you have minimal control over.
    there's some things that are just absolutely cancer to play against that just arent fun (windwalker monks come to mind), I disagree about complexity however, its just timing CDs, harder to do it in KO imo because you need 8 people to be on the same page rather than 3
    Felix likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyHunter View Post
    there's some things that are just absolutely cancer to play against that just arent fun (windwalker monks come to mind), I disagree about complexity however, its just timing CDs, harder to do it in KO imo because you need 8 people to be on the same page rather than 3
    Well you need 7 people to know what to do independently and a debuffer to be the shot caller. Though to be fair, if you are just looking for some fun, then having a 100% organized team isn't strictly necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyHunter View Post
    Sure, at sub 2k. I'm talking competing at a high level, as a benchmark I'd say 1750MMR requires a similar skill level as say, being a top 3 clan on some servers in KO.

The skill curve climbs massively after 2200 in WoW which if you haven't played it you should. For instance a 2600mmr team would continually farm a 2400mmr team etc. If your just timing cds and playing some mong comp you're just never going to get there, whereas in KO all you basically need is 5 geared warriors who are capable of hitting the correct target.

Not hating on KO atall it's a great game, there's a reason I play it, it does require some amount of intelligence/skill to compete at a high level but saying it requires an amount of skill on par with other competitive mmorpgs out there is incorrect. I've played with some fucking retarded cocksuckers over the last decade or so and I've yet to find a geared melee character who is unable to play at a high level with me screaming targets at them down a mic.

Don't wanna de-rail but fuck this thread the original topics dead anyways.
    Felix likes this.

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lavie View Post
    Sure, at sub 2k. I'm talking competing at a high level, as a benchmark I'd say 1750MMR requires a similar skill level as say, being a top 3 clan on some servers in KO.

The skill curve climbs massively after 2200 in WoW which if you haven't played it you should. For instance a 2600mmr team would continually farm a 2400mmr team etc. If your just timing cds and playing some mong comp you're just never going to get there, whereas in KO all you basically need is 5 geared warriors who are capable of hitting the correct target.

Not hating on KO atall it's a great game, there's a reason I play it, it does require some amount of intelligence/skill to compete at a high level but saying it requires an amount of skill on par with other competitive mmorpgs out there is incorrect. I've played with some fucking retarded cocksuckers over the last decade or so and I've yet to find a geared melee character who is unable to play at a high level with me screaming targets at them down a mic.

Don't wanna de-rail but fuck this thread the original topics dead anyways.

Lavie, were you Lavie the mage on Diez? My memory is shite at the best of times, but I remember a human mage with your name.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718