Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Like Tree176Likes

If you macro you can and will be banned or punished

This is a discussion on If you macro you can and will be banned or punished within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; The problem is the same as it was 10 years ago. There is no way of enforcing these rules and ...
Page: 2

The problem is the same as it was 10 years ago. There is no way of enforcing these rules and considering how handicapped rogues are without macro, I don't really think they should even bother. As long as someone is actually present and not using macro to AFK, I don't see a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallop View Post
    The problem is the same as it was 10 years ago. There is no way of enforcing these rules and considering how handicapped rogues are without macro, I don't really think they should even bother. As long as someone is actually present and not using macro to AFK, I don't see a problem.
    I think the bigger problem is you cannot detect macro used by razer/logitech software (users would get banned just for running it in the background).

Unless they can detect the perfect timings in game when you're spamming micro / combo's or they can somehow detect when razer/logitech is binding keys to macros, doubt they got the tech for that.

..I imagine it would be a nightmare though to track.

Quote Originally Posted by Styx View Post
    I think the bigger problem is you cannot detect macro used by razer/logitech software (users would get banned just for running it in the background).

Unless they can detect the perfect timings in game when you're spamming micro / combo's or they can somehow detect when razer/logitech is binding keys to macros, doubt they got the tech for that.

..I imagine it would be a nightmare though to track.
    Well for example RuneScape has a long history of tracking bot/auto clicker/macro users, where they track mouse movement and your button presses and make judgement based on those statistics. It shouldn't be a hard task to implement something where any continuous button presses done in inhuman speed would get flagged and then later judged, but I don't see any benefit from doing so. It would require a lot more moderation on their part and also, the amount of macro users most likely exceeds the amount of non-macro users, so it could and would cost them paying users. For the most part, macros are perfect, so looking for perfect combinations of button presses in a very long time span would be a simple way to detect macro usage.

Would like to hear from some PSKO devs, how hard this kind of system would be to implement? Because there are examples of such trackers in other games. I imagine it could be a problem with the client itself. I guess another problem would be the fact that it could be considered a keylogger if it was implemented, which would cause a ton of problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallop View Post
    Well for example RuneScape has a long history of tracking bot/auto clicker/macro users, where they track mouse movement and your button presses and make judgement based on those statistics. It shouldn't be a hard task to implement something where any continuous button presses done in inhuman speed would get flagged and then later judged, but I don't see any benefit from doing so. It would require a lot more moderation on their part and also, the amount of macro users most likely exceeds the amount of non-macro users, so it could and would cost them paying users. For the most part, macros are perfect, so looking for perfect combinations of button presses in a very long time span would be a simple way to detect macro usage.

Would like to hear from some PSKO devs, how hard this kind of system would be to implement? Because there are examples of such trackers in other games. I imagine it could be a problem with the client itself. I guess another problem would be the fact that it could be considered a keylogger if it was implemented, which would cause a ton of problems.
    Good points and analogy with Runescape.

I agree the man power to review those stats does not seem worth it to them.

If only they had done this since the start of the game, Macro wouldn't be a problem if they put there foot down from the start lol.

I simply made this thread to show people that macro isn't allowed, and they do catch people doing it. Most people get away with it, but some get caught, and then they cry on official forums 'WHY AM I IN JAIL!!!!'

I personally give zero fucks about it, but laugh at the people that use it and think they are GG. If you have to cheat to win in a video game to feel good about yourself, good for you, at least you have something to cling to.
    Bathory likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by snipes View Post
    I simply made this thread to show people that macro isn't allowed, and they do catch people doing it. Most people get away with it, but some get caught, and then they cry on official forums 'WHY AM I IN JAIL!!!!'

I personally give zero fucks about it, but laugh at the people that use it and think they are GG. If you have to cheat to win in a video game to feel good about yourself, good for you, at least you have something to cling to.
    I bet ur amazing at playing support as sin with ur lightning fast fingaz

Not to mention shamed in the ko community, here is the official statement from steamko, no clue on usko

If you have to macro in game, you are either turkish or 13 yrs old.

Defend macro all you want, but if you have to cheat to win, well you are a schmuck.

Play the game as intended or move on.

If you wanna cheat and feel good, well first fuck you, and second good for you, you CHEATED in an online game to win. I'll only go slightly into how pathetic you are having to cheat in a 14 year old game, but hey, turks will be turks.
    Wait, what??? Does this mean i have to buy my mouse & keyboard from LIDL OR ALDI now to play KO and not get banned instantly?

if one has to use a third party tool to play KO then one should not play the game, if u use a third party tool then youre just a "cheat" and nothing more. simple as black & white......so dont try to justify its use, when the TRUTH is youre lacking the skills to play the game.
    snipes and Bathory like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhymes View Post
    I bet ur amazing at playing support as sin with ur lightning fast fingaz
    I used to be, nowadays I play warrior. A car accident from when I was 18 now has me dealing with early arthritis in my right hand. I can't manage that many buttons anymore without feeling pain after 15 or so minutes. I dumbed it down and went for attack warrior instead of cheating.

I used to be, nowadays I play warrior. A car accident from when I was 18 now has me dealing with early arthritis in my right hand. I can't manage that many buttons anymore without feeling pain after 15 or so minutes. I dumbed it down and went for attack warrior instead of cheating.
    npdfasdfasdf
    Rhymes likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by erdo1990 View Post
    npdfasdfasdf
    Ur macro broke bro, it only typed 2 letters then posted.

Here I represent Case #2.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/215336321

Go to -> 00:51:54. -> GM RHALES MACROING Minor Heal. ( Observe as he moves throughout the entire arena minoring while moving his entire HEAD away from the screen and at the other GM referencing he is not doing any work toward said skill) (Also use this moment to observe his screen on bottom right corner -> the pace of minor healing out put is consistent with macro logic. approx ~1ms delay per input. Surely keeping in mind latency also affects such a process but thats more than likely irrelevant since the Gms are in very close proximity to server host location aka their FPS is at least 200 +).

Go to -> 00:46:56 -> GM PATHEOZ MACROING Minor Heal.

Yet these people seek to take away the same program from their players? ....NTT Game is a fucking joke run by idiots with IQ's less than 20. I am being generous by stating '20'.

Quote Originally Posted by l911l View Post
    Here I represent Case #2.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/215336321

Go to -> 00:51:54. -> GM RHALES MACROING Minor Heal. ( Observe as he moves throughout the entire arena minoring while moving his entire HEAD away from the screen and at the other GM referencing he is not doing any work toward said skill) (Also use this moment to observe his screen on bottom right corner -> the pace of minor healing out put is consistent with macro logic. approx ~1ms delay per input. Surely keeping in mind latency also affects such a process but thats more than likely irrelevant since the Gms are in very close proximity to server host location aka their FPS is at least 200 +).

Go to -> 00:46:56 -> GM PATHEOZ MACROING Minor Heal.

Yet these people seek to take away the same program from their players? ....NTT Game is a fucking joke run by idiots with IQ's less than 20. I am being generous by stating '20'.
    Seriously? GM's using programs to survive during a kill the GM event? Next you will be complaining about them dual wielding +30rb 2h weapons.

Polak Extraordinaire Senior Member

Seriously? GM's using programs to survive during a kill the GM event? Next you will be complaining about them dual wielding +30rb 2h weapons.
    why can't they spam holy pots that restore % health?

and why do you think of some defense for this case but not for the case of elaniapolis doing it infront of a GM

Case #2 solely pertains to the GM's vsing one another. It does not pertain to a "kill the GM event". I don't mind them using +30rb 2h weapons, it makes no difference to me, especially since GM Rhales is corrupted and known for selling items on the side. Furthermore, I provided this second case as a statement that NTT game is a joke since now they are attempting to ban users utilizing hardware macros when in the case presented they are clearly themselves using it.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast