Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Like Tree176Likes

If you macro you can and will be banned or punished

This is a discussion on If you macro you can and will be banned or punished within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by SkyHunter why can't they spam holy pots that restore % health? and why do you think of ...
Page: 3

Quote Originally Posted by SkyHunter View Post
    why can't they spam holy pots that restore % health?

and why do you think of some defense for this case but not for the case of elaniapolis doing it infront of a GM
    That dude should be banned, and yes NTT is corrupt as well, not nearly as bad as the last hosts, but still shitty.

Like I said, this thread is to point out that macro is illegal in KO. Why do you defend it? Do you have to cheat to win? Did you try playing without macro and get your ass kicked so you decided to macro?

Cry me a fucking river.

Banned Senior Member

l911l, stimpy and snipes like this.

Polak Extraordinaire Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by snipes View Post
    That dude should be banned, and yes NTT is corrupt as well, not nearly as bad as the last hosts, but still shitty.

Like I said, this thread is to point out that macro is illegal in KO. Why do you defend it? Do you have to cheat to win? Did you try playing without macro and get your ass kicked so you decided to macro?

Cry me a fucking river.
    I don't even know if I should bother responding to this, english isn't your first language is it? because if it is, and you think I'm defending using a macro (which I haven't at any point in this thread btw), then wowee
    snipes and Kallop like this.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyHunter View Post
    I don't even know if I should bother responding to this, english isn't your first language is it? because if it is, and you think I'm defending using a macro (which I haven't at any point in this thread btw), then wowee
    My bad then, thought you were, I owe you a beer!
    l911l likes this.

I am amazed by how many people are actually cheating and justifying it. Always thought it was maximum a couple of English players actually using third party tools to get an advantage in a game like KO lol
    itzbryan likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rougean View Post
    I am amazed by how many people are actually cheating and justifying it. Always thought it was maximum a couple of English players actually using third party tools to get an advantage in a game like KO lol
    it's more if you don't do it on a sin, you're basically handicapping yourself to the point where you shouldn't play sin
    Rhymes and Kallop like this.

Damn, too much drama around the macro subject...

I think yall should get over it, it's not even up for debate as it's been around for years. It's been there for so long so it feels like part of the game and yea as I said previously, I use macro for minor healing.

Just get over it already, I doubt anything will change. GM using macro, players using macro in same room with GM, everyone using macro. If for real they start banning every rogue that has macro they gon loose $$$ - good luck
    l911l likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Options View Post
    Damn, too much drama around the macro subject...

I think yall should get over it, it's not even up for debate as it's been around for years. It's been there for so long so it feels like part of the game and yea as I said previously, I use macro for minor healing.

Just get over it already, I doubt anything will change. GM using macro, players using macro in same room with GM, everyone using macro. If for real they start banning every rogue that has macro they gon loose $$$ - good luck
    The use of macro will always be there, no doubt. I think the debate is about if we, as a community, accept the use of third party tools or not.
    Options likes this.

The use of macro will always be there, no doubt. I think the debate is about if we, as a community, accept the use of third party tools or not.
    I had difficulty accepting it for very long time. But it's just been so long with no action against it and I have learned to accept it.

God, I used to play assassin actively for past 4 years with no macro, and just last year I decided to join the macro minor club so yea... I guess I am trying to say that people who's been playing the game for years shouldn't really care much, by now you should have learned to live with it...

Exactly. I do remember one good thing from CW. There were always fights and accusing each other of what is allowed and what is not allowed on CSW (blink through gates, reusing catapults etc.). At some point bunch of CW, clan leaders agree with each other what is fine for us and what is not. And we solved issues between each other (for example clan member Y did not get his share for next 2 CSW). It last for a couple of months, Snipes should remember that too.
    About GM's on macro, do anyone complains that police drive through a red light? You may complain about that in the same line that every such character is edited to the core. GM Team set rules for players, not the other way around.
    Rougean and snipes like this.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackOak View Post
    if one has to use a third party tool to play KO then one should not play the game, if u use a third party tool then youre just a "cheat" and nothing more. simple as black & white......so dont try to justify its use, when the TRUTH is youre lacking the skills to play the game.
    There is so much more to sin than minoring so i dont know about lacking skills

Not to mention shamed in the ko community, here is the official statement from steamko, no clue on usko

If you have to macro in game, you are either turkish or 13 yrs old.

Defend macro all you want, but if you have to cheat to win, well you are a schmuck.

Play the game as intended or move on.

If you wanna cheat and feel good, well first fuck you, and second good for you, you CHEATED in an online game to win. I'll only go slightly into how pathetic you are having to cheat in a 14 year old game, but hey, turks will be turks.
    Pretty sure I got flamed by a whole lot of people for calling out some jerks that I won't name about their macro about a year ago.
    snipes likes this.

GloStix (Prestige ******) Senior Member NuclearWinter's Avatar

I personally give zero fucks about it, but laugh at the people that use it and think they are GG. If you have to cheat to win in a video game to feel good about yourself, good for you, at least you have something to cling to.
    i dont macro anything besides using it for hotkeys for 7890, but, i find this a bit hypocritical.
    As we're on a website that is only alive because of real money trading, which is cheating to get items, to win in a video game. So really what's the point in bitching.

Quote Originally Posted by regiss View Post
    Exactly. I do remember one good thing from CW. There were always fights and accusing each other of what is allowed and what is not allowed on CSW (blink through gates, reusing catapults etc.). At some point bunch of CW, clan leaders agree with each other what is fine for us and what is not. And we solved issues between each other (for example clan member Y did not get his share for next 2 CSW). It last for a couple of months, Snipes should remember that too.
    About GM's on macro, do anyone complains that police drive through a red light? You may complain about that in the same line that every such character is edited to the core. GM Team set rules for players, not the other way around.
    but there's a difference because this isn't exclusive to one servers CSW with like 20 or 30 clans, this is something that's across every KO server private or not.

if the GM team is going to set rules, why don't they also enforce those same rules? why do they ban 100 people per year for using macro when it's illegal and thousands use it? why is the ban rate so low? you could make a case that they ban people they don't like for using a macro because they do nothing else wrong

I for one do not utilize macro for minor heal, but I will support those who do utilize it since the very administration of the game is corrupted and showcase it live on twitch stream. I personally am a fan of playing assassin with full hand coordination as it enables you to gauge your mana to your own whim rather than a based set of sequences that will be computed consistently. Sometimes you need to drain mana at a faster pace than average and sometimes less depending on the situation. Also when you have played a class for more than 10 years, you should not need to depend on a macro to save yourself in combat situations. It just teaches oneself to press a button to compensate rather than assessing the situation yourself and reacting.

However, in light of recent events, given the stipulation provided by NTT game in order to continue playing knight online on steamko and usko references hardware macro utilizing players will be banned when they themselves are utilizing is just hypocritical. Not going to go any deeper, because the situation is quite self-explanatory.
    Last edited by l911l; 02-10-2018 at 02:09 PM. Reason: grammar

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast