Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Like Tree176Likes

If you macro you can and will be banned or punished

This is a discussion on If you macro you can and will be banned or punished within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; What makes KO very different is the ability to spam pots, other MMO's you can't do this, which is one ...
Page: 5

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

What makes KO very different is the ability to spam pots, other MMO's you can't do this, which is one reason a maco is so different when used with KO?

I won't defend or attack babashopping, many people have either bought or sold items in the game. Ironically the game I do play now (Final Fantasy 14) is REALLY strict about this sort of thing and I've played the game as it's designed to be. Most who spent on the game, got back what they put in, for me at the time I didn't care either way because it was money I didn't end up putting up my nose.

Key bindings to allow you to do commands via a mouse is one thing, but to have your potting (am I right it's the potting that's macroed?) scripted seems to miss the point about playing the game.?
    Oscar, l911l and BlackOak like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    What makes KO very different is the ability to spam pots, other MMO's you can't do this, which is one reason a maco is so different when used with KO?

I won't defend or attack babashopping, many people have either bought or sold items in the game. Ironically the game I do play now (Final Fantasy 14) is REALLY strict about this sort of thing and I've played the game as it's designed to be. Most who spent on the game, got back what they put in, for me at the time I didn't care either way because it was money I didn't end up putting up my nose.

Key bindings to allow you to do commands via a mouse is one thing, but to have your potting (am I right it's the potting that's macroed?) scripted seems to miss the point about playing the game.?
    Yes, you are right. The majority of macros created do include the potting. Primarily, the mana pot rather than the health pot. I agree with you in that it does take away from actual gaming experience, because the individual himself is not replenishing his mana manually. Due to this, they become limited to a set sequences of healing and their timing of when to utilize the mana pot is compromised since the macro just cycles itself. This only leaves the remainder of mana left to be utilized for skills, drains and narrows the window for when they can use the health pot since you cannot utilize the mana pot and health pot at the same time. (Total Mana - (Automated Mana pot + Keyed minor heals) = ????? Remaining Mana ) Whereas a non-macro player, has the total mana available to be utilized for combinations with skills, can gauge his minor heal at his own pace (sometimes faster than average and in other cases slower than average if mana is needed to be conserved) and will not have difficulty of timing his health pot from his mana pot in the duration of combat whether its a VS or party vs party.

However, almost every character in knight online now does utilize macro so they are oblivious to this fact. This simply leaves them to become a victim of the macro's weakness.
    Last edited by l911l; 02-12-2018 at 01:02 PM. Reason: More Info
    Felix likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by l911l View Post
    Yes, you are right. The majority of macros created do include the potting. Primarily, the mana pot rather than the health pot. I agree with you in that it does take away from actual gaming experience, because the individual himself is not replenishing his mana manually. Due to this, they become limited to a set sequences of healing and their timing of when to utilize the mana pot is compromised since the macro just cycles itself. This only leaves the remainder of mana left to be utilized for skills, drains and narrows the window for when they can use the health pot since you cannot utilize the mana pot and health pot at the same time. (Total Mana - (Automated Mana pot + Keyed minor heals) = ????? Remaining Mana ) Whereas a non-macro player, has the total mana available to be utilized for combinations with skills, can gauge his minor heal at his own pace (sometimes faster than average and in other cases slower than average if mana is needed to be conserved) and will not have difficulty of timing his health pot from his mana pot in the duration of combat whether its a VS or party vs party.

However, almost every character in knight online now does utilize macro so they are oblivious to this fact. This simply leaves them to become a victim of the macro's weakness.

Back when I use to actively play around 10 years ago, I would use rhythm the same way when I am playing guitar to timing my potting and healing. Using MH/ HP pot and Soul Pots was at first a balancing ct, but you soon pad your health stat to give you more room for errors. With the evolution of the game as it must stand now, the health pools must be larger by a much biggest factor than I was use to. In a way the games gone full circle and warriors are again monsters in CZ?
    l911l likes this.

Back when I use to actively play around 10 years ago, I would use rhythm the same way when I am playing guitar to timing my potting and healing. Using MH/ HP pot and Soul Pots was at first a balancing ct, but you soon pad your health stat to give you more room for errors. With the evolution of the game as it must stand now, the health pools must be larger by a much biggest factor than I was use to. In a way the games gone full circle and warriors are again monsters in CZ?
    Warriors were always the strongest class, but people just didn't know how to play them back in the day. But these days even more so, because of passion build letting warriors deal more damage than ever and even have tons of AoE damage to boot.
    l911l and Felix like this.

The health pools have increased primarily due to new armor releases with significant bonuses compared to prior armors such as holy armors, secret armors, etc. Chitin +9 is roughly the equivalent of Krowaz +7 which is also about the same as Holy Armor +6 in terms of stats but as armor gets stronger they add more health bonuses among other stats. I'm not entirely certain if ko had it 10 years ago but 60% hp scroll significantly helps with increasing the health pool. If they did, I don't think the health pools have changed too much. The average rogue HP is about 9-10k (+9s and uniques +3) and warriors (+9s and uniques +3) is about 12-13k HP.

Ever since the 83 expansion release, warriors have been dominating colony zone due to passion build. A warrior's attack power based solely on battle cry (83 passion skill) becomes significantly enhanced. The skill itself increases all stats by 15 points. Its like having a second lion scroll. In a brand new server, the very first level 83 warriors wreak havoc solely due to having passion build. I would say a 83 warrior with passion build and a raptor +8 will do more damage than a 80 warrior with a raptor 9, assuming all other items between them are the same. I like the rhythm technique you mentioned involving music. I might try something like that.
    Felix likes this.

I would always have game sounds running too, as the "clicks" you get when a skill timer reset helped me keep a smoother rotation. If you watch any of my old vids, you see I kept tapping R with my thumb, which also kept a rhythm going when I was chasing. Silly little things like that worked for me as way of keeping a steady pace. It's why I was so loathed against the dual minor method, as it was just spamming and burning through MP when you didn't need it.

Any PvP centric game, the best players are usually the people who don't panic. I use musical rhythms to stop me from fowling up too often. I last played in 2015 and I do actually still own a lvl 83 sin that's gear with that black shell looking armour and pretty ok gear. Someone else actually uses him or my old gear, but I realised back then that the game was way past what I was able to do. I loved solo PK a lot and you just can't do that anymore.

I find it a really daunting prospect that an AOE warrior skill is so deadly, but then it's been 12 years since I was a level 70 sin and you guys now have to face much more tougher targets than myself or my fellow allies and friends ever did.

I'm glad you don't have to deal with the bullshit of K2 anymore!
    l911l likes this.

nub
    Banned

Just a random thought, why can't the game allows us to use the keyboard's numpad for HP/Mana potting and have two hands on a keyboard like that?

Most keyboards do nowadays come with a numpad and I do think it can actually improve fluidity on eye/hand coordination to allow both hands on a keyboard like that?

Just throwing this out randomly for just an idea, I remember I played Infantry and Cosmic Rift on Sony on-line many years ago and it was such a sweet game until P2P ruined it -.-

Quote Originally Posted by nub View Post
    Just a random thought, why can't the game allows us to use the keyboard's numpad for HP/Mana potting and have two hands on a keyboard like that?

Most keyboards do nowadays come with a numpad and I do think it can actually improve fluidity on eye/hand coordination to allow both hands on a keyboard like that?

Just throwing this out randomly for just an idea, I remember I played Infantry and Cosmic Rift on Sony on-line many years ago and it was such a sweet game until P2P ruined it -.-
    Keybinding it would be the easiest way. I would use to hands to play with the 1-0 skills and I would imagine that's still the norm?
    nub likes this.

I would always have game sounds running too, as the "clicks" you get when a skill timer reset helped me keep a smoother rotation. If you watch any of my old vids, you see I kept tapping R with my thumb, which also kept a rhythm going when I was chasing. Silly little things like that worked for me as way of keeping a steady pace. It's why I was so loathed against the dual minor method, as it was just spamming and burning through MP when you didn't need it.

Any PvP centric game, the best players are usually the people who don't panic. I use musical rhythms to stop me from fowling up too often. I last played in 2015 and I do actually still own a lvl 83 sin that's gear with that black shell looking armour and pretty ok gear. Someone else actually uses him or my old gear, but I realised back then that the game was way past what I was able to do. I loved solo PK a lot and you just can't do that anymore.

I find it a really daunting prospect that an AOE warrior skill is so deadly, but then it's been 12 years since I was a level 70 sin and you guys now have to face much more tougher targets than myself or my fellow allies and friends ever did.

I'm glad you don't have to deal with the bullshit of K2 anymore!
    Thank you Felix, but NTT game is not any better. One of their head GM is known for selling items in particular usko servers. It's primarily the reason why I switched over to private servers among other things such as tanked babashoppers from week one of a new server. 83 Warriors with their AOE skill are tough but the rouge class also has been boosted with the eskirma skill (23 master skill). It puts a duff on your opponent making them more prone to damage from arrows/daggers while at the same time inflicting damage. Now it may be true that the targets we face nowadays in colony zone are tougher than those that were present 12 years ago, but the new weapons, armors, and uniques all have significantly contributed to boosting each class. Especially the rogue class which received a new type of dagger that is impervious to iron sets known as jamadars. At lower ap, (weapon breaker +9 - 92 ap) they still inflict serious damage (I would say more than a shard 8 - 101 ap). A skilled rogue can still defeat an evenly geared warrior if he times his CP right with drain and weapon cancel among other things. It is still very possible to solo as an assassin in colony zone and it has gotten much more fun too. I prefer solo pk too. The trend nowadays is duos and trios with the most popular being 2 assassins and 1 debuff priest or 1 debuff priest and 1 assassin or 1 debuff priest and 1 warrior. With shitty gear and properly timed attack coordinated with debuff, you can take down literally any opponent regardless of gear.

Now given the opponents nowadays may be tougher than those 12 years ago, I believe at the very core of a player is their skill set that they develop through years of playing is still present in the form of muscle memory. There was a topic, 2 years back pertaining to 0000000 and how would it be if he were to come back. What he said in his response, I completely agree with it. Although there would be a time period to adapt to the new changes made in the game, the players skill level does not change. They can easily rise back to the top where they once were. 0000000 did in fact play in C-west and he did quite well against the players whom most of which had better gear at the time too. If you were to come back to knight online, I believe it would be the same case. You can easily get back to where you were because your skill level is not changed. It's still their in the form of muscle memory.

Link to the 0000000 Topic - 0000000.

0000000 replies on page 3. I will watch your videos.
    Last edited by l911l; 02-13-2018 at 11:47 AM. Reason: More Info.
    Felix likes this.

nub
    Banned

Keybinding it would be the easiest way. I would use to hands to play with the 1-0 skills and I would imagine that's still the norm?
    yes, I meant keybinding. That's what they do should let us try.

Quote Originally Posted by BaanNekTharious View Post
    people cry too much,using macro is as much illegal as buying gbs/items with $$ and i bet at least once most of people here did it so...
    There is indeed a difference though, and you actually can babashop without breaking any game rules if you buy PUS items and sell for coins.

I don't mind baba so much for a couple reasons. For one, if you start brand new on a server that has been open for several years, you are WAY behind in gear. You will get passed up for just about everything from pk to xp to farming. Most (not all) parties won't add people if they know they have crap gear and are low level. Another reason is time advantage over another player. I'm sure we all can agree that the more time you spend in game, the more likely you are to get a drop/make money. The 15 year old on summer vacation has a clear advantage over the 35 year old working 60 hours a week. Even if both wanted to play 10 hours a day and normally would if capable, only one can realistically do that. The only option for the person unable to play as much as the other is to purchase items to keep up gear-wise.
    Felix likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by snipes View Post
    There is indeed a difference though, and you actually can babashop without breaking any game rules if you buy PUS items and sell for coins.

I don't mind baba so much for a couple reasons. For one, if you start brand new on a server that has been open for several years, you are WAY behind in gear. You will get passed up for just about everything from pk to xp to farming. Most (not all) parties won't add people if they know they have crap gear and are low level. Another reason is time advantage over another player. I'm sure we all can agree that the more time you spend in game, the more likely you are to get a drop/make money. The 15 year old on summer vacation has a clear advantage over the 35 year old working 60 hours a week. Even if both wanted to play 10 hours a day and normally would if capable, only one can realistically do that. The only option for the person unable to play as much as the other is to purchase items to keep up gear-wise.
    Well theres something we both agree on. I don't understand why players blame someone for buying gear.
    Perhaps its the youngsters who doesn't work yet or have that big of earnings. I rather work for few extra hours than spend 20 hours at DM's.
    Felix and snipes like this.

People have been macroing minor en masse since '09, is it still even worth chatting shit about?

Quote Originally Posted by Lavie View Post
    People have been macroing minor en masse since '09, is it still even worth chatting shit about?
    What with KOXP or minor pedals?

What with KOXP or minor pedals?
    With your mouse and pedals mainly mouse tho
    Felix likes this.

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast