Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
Like Tree176Likes

If you macro you can and will be banned or punished

This is a discussion on If you macro you can and will be banned or punished within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by Rhymes With your mouse and pedals mainly mouse tho Oh I know what you mean, my logitech ...
Page: 6

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rhymes View Post
    With your mouse and pedals mainly mouse tho
    Oh I know what you mean, my logitech G9 mouse and G15 keyboard could do that for me in WoW. Just run a basic script or macro and have it run from a mouse button rather than one of the side "G" buttons on the keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    Oh I know what you mean, my logitech G9 mouse and G15 keyboard could do that for me in WoW. Just run a basic script or macro and have it run from a mouse button rather than one of the side "G" buttons on the keyboard.
    Exactly really simple to do

There is also a new trend I have primarily seen from chinese players. Perhaps it was developed in japko or koreanko and brought over to private servers but now the space bar itself reflects a separate animation than that of the skills utilized on the skill bar. I have seen chinese players encorporate it with their combo and it's as if they display no animation of skills whatsoever from one skill to the next. It's like macro auto-attack, a form of TBL. This also makes it look like , in colony zone, that the rouges and warriors hit from a mile away.

Video link below. The video was posted by Emre Bas aka ItzMDMA. (He had an account on KO4LIFE but he was reported and banned for legitimate reasons)

Last edited by l911l; 02-14-2018 at 11:38 PM. Reason: More Info

Quote Originally Posted by l911l View Post
    There is also a new trend I have primarily seen from chinese players. Perhaps it was developed in japko or koreanko and brought over to private servers but now the space bar itself reflects a separate animation than that of the skills utilized on the skill bar. I have seen chinese players encorporate it with their combo and it's as if they display no animation of skills whatsoever from one skill to the next. It's like macro auto-attack, a form of TBL. This also makes it look like , in colony zone, that the rouges and warriors hit from a mile away.

Video link below. The video was posted by Emre Bas aka ItzMDMA.
    Would have to see the screen of the other player to know if it was TBL range or not. I can't tell you how many times I've died thinking the same thing, only to be told in TS by my own party that he was right on me, not far away like I thought. It's a lag issue.
    Felix likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by snipes View Post
    Would have to see the screen of the other player to know if it was TBL range or not. I can't tell you how many times I've died thinking the same thing, only to be told in TS by my own party that he was right on me, not far away like I thought. It's a lag issue.
    Perhaps you are right, but it brings another interesting thing to mind. If someone is playing knight online utilizing a high gaming PC with really good graphics card (FPS 250+) against someone with a really bad PC/gaming laptop (max FPS ~30-40), wouldn't this be an extreme advantage since the rate of cooldown will be faster for the higher FPS player. Would such a situation allow a player with average gear to outcompete a player with significantly better gear? Assuming the player with average gear has the really good PC. I am curious to know what you guys think about this.

GloStix (Prestige ******) Senior Member NuclearWinter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SPANKME View Post
    Well theres something we both agree on. I don't understand why players blame someone for buying gear.
    Perhaps its the youngsters who doesn't work yet or have that big of earnings. I rather work for few extra hours than spend 20 hours at DM's.
    the same can be said about macroing, " I'd rather afk exp while i watch a movie instead of wasting my day exping"

GloStix (Prestige ******) Senior Member NuclearWinter's Avatar

Overall arguing about shit doesn't matter, everyone is going to do whatever they wanna do, you can accept it or not,m if you don't accept it just don't play with them, simple as.

Quote Originally Posted by l911l View Post
    Perhaps you are right, but it brings another interesting thing to mind. If someone is playing knight online utilizing a high gaming PC with really good graphics card (FPS 250+) against someone with a really bad PC/gaming laptop (max FPS ~30-40), wouldn't this be an extreme advantage since the rate of cooldown will be faster for the higher FPS player. Would such a situation allow a player with average gear to outcompete a player with significantly better gear? Assuming the player with average gear has the really good PC. I am curious to know what you guys think about this.
    Cooldown rates are server-sided so fps doesn't matter there, but I can see what you are saying. The $4000 computer > the $400 computer. One computer flows like a river, the other runs like two 1-legged people trying to run a 3-legged race.

No one buys a computer specifically for KO though, so PC specs are all on the user. They could simply stop buying factory produced pc's and go for a custom build for about the same price.

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearWinter View Post
    the same can be said about macroing, " I'd rather afk exp while i watch a movie instead of wasting my day exping"
    There's an app for that!

It's called genie

Bottom line is that macro users suck dick.
    snipes likes this.

About a decade ago i always used to keep VLC player "always on top" and keep it on top of KO just so i can see the players HP bars.
    Then just full series & movies mode ON and enjoy. (worked nicely as a healer on exp-pty).

Now that there is Genie ingame, most of the lazy exping is done by nights. Better spend your "online" time for pk or farm.

You can do that the legit way nowadays...genie

Cooldown rates are server-sided so fps doesn't matter there, but I can see what you are saying. The $4000 computer > the $400 computer. One computer flows like a river, the other runs like two 1-legged people trying to run a 3-legged race.

No one buys a computer specifically for KO though, so PC specs are all on the user. They could simply stop buying factory produced pc's and go for a custom build for about the same price.
    On 1.4.2016 at 1:10 PM, Aesteris said:

Nobody wonders why he changes the view distance to lowest there is? No? It improves FPS and in turn lowers your cooldown on minor heal! (Not even kidding, higher FPS means a higher refresh rate on skill cooldowns - thank mgame; which is why minoring on 30FPS can get you a disadvantage of 1000 / 30 = 33ms PER minor, whereas minoring on 200FPS can, at most get you a disadvantage of 1000 / 200 = 5ms per minor)

Yes, this goes for USKO, and yes, this goes for any and all KO clients out there.
    l911l likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by erdo1990 View Post

Ur macro broke again, this time it didn't even type 2 letters, it only posted an inaccurate quote.

4 words to explain your precious quote -
    client side server side
    black likes this.

Polak Extraordinaire Senior Member

Ur macro broke again, this time it didn't even type 2 letters, it only posted an inaccurate quote.

4 words to explain your precious quote -
    client side server side
    hm who's side should I take here

random on ko4life

or guy that has reverse engineered USKO along with twostars

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast