Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

If you owned KO.

This is a discussion on If you owned KO. within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I always was a sin , lvl 70 cap is for a few reasons but mainly to keep the hp ...
Page: 6

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

I always was a sin ,

lvl 70 cap is for a few reasons but mainly to keep the hp down as now in ROFD it's so stupidly high that the quick nature of the game is lost. Given the right equipment and player any char can be the best not just sin.

DragonFire

I don't think the cap should be left at 70..80 would be good cause I like the new skills..but not so much xp to get there. maybe release the half xp shit.

I don't think the cap should be left at 70..80 would be good cause I like the new skills..but not so much xp to get there. maybe release the half xp shit.[/b]

I'll just stick to a KO server much more fun

I would put lvl cap to 75, and do item refunds for anyone who is over. So like:
    76 = RoL/RoC/RoM
    77 = IB/SB/GB
    78 = RoL/RoC/RoM +1
    79 = IN
    90 = RoF
    Would see if ppl lvld legitly before giving rewards.
    Also i would reduce felkanor and ultima a bit and make a new boss called Ultimate Felkanor wich is ultima on felkanors back xDDD
    To get it to you need to kill ultima and felkanor and get 2 keys, take it to the anvil, compound um and u get a scroll wich tps ur clan to the bosses lair. xD

I always was a sin ,

lvl 70 cap is for a few reasons but mainly to keep the hp down as now in ROFD it's so stupidly high that the quick nature of the game is lost. Given the right equipment and player any char can be the best not just sin.[/b]
    You got a point there, too much babashopped players with insane high HP/AP/AC, but with the lvl 70 cap, game was far from balanced. Atleast it was better balanced with ROFD.

OLD1953

First change I'd make would be to charge $1 for any new account creation. This would stop the dupers/hackers who create 1000's of throwaway accounts to "experiment" on. If they get banned on one account, no problem, move to another one. At even $1 per account, they'd be a lot less likely to do this.

Second, I'd block any and all IP's that ever had more than ten people playing at one time for more than three continous days. This allows for gamer parties and so forth, but would block any cafe type businesses that will encourage cheating to attract business. (Yes, I've been told about preloaded cheats for KO in places as varied as Holland and Turkey and even England. Cafe's would not be allowed, period. This would not affect most wireless access points, few to none of them are going to register over ten KO players for three days in a row - this game ain't that popular.)

Giveaways and prizes - I'd vastly increase the number of giveaways and prizes to be found in the game, especially for low level players. I'd add a special "slot machine" item that would give a chance at bronze (maybe a slightly neutered bronze) for a random period (anything from three days to thirty) that only dropped for below lvl 30 chars. I'd also sell the 500 and 1000 HP scrolls in the sundries, and maybe a slower version of speed pots. This would (IMHO) encourage people to level up, and higher level people are MORE likely to spend money in the PUS. I might add an item that boosted your level for ten minutes.

Items in the PUS, I simply am not sure if I'd just sell shards and raptors and shell or not. If I did, it would certainly take the pressure off on this whole problem with people selling items for cash. OTOH, it hurts the game to a certain extent. So I'm not sure.

I might just set up a site where you could exchange accounts and items VIA a GM, and if such was traded, you ain't getting it back or hacking that account because it has officially been exchanged. Some official exchange system would be a vast improvement.

GM presence and cheating - I'd certainly keep GM's on 24/7, and I'd want at least one in each server group. And they do NOT have any job besides detecting and removing cheaters and resolving player disputes. A special mailbox for GM's would be set up, and it would have a block function for people who just spammed them for no reason. I'd rule that any SS or movie by a GM showing a char using KOSP or other hacks was totally enough evidence for account deletion, not banning, but deletion of that account and blocking that person's IP. Slackness has created this situation, and I'd run a tight ship or sink the damned boat, one or the other.

And I'd make sure the system admins knew what they were doing, no more of this "let's push the button and see what happens" crap.

That's enough for now.

DragonFire

I'll just stick to a KO server much more fun [/b]

but you have to put into perspective. Without turks and other things like cheating ( saying that if you owned the server you would prevent this) And if you took away accessory compounding you wouldn't really have to worry about it not being fun. Cause your used to turks ruining ROFD etc. Without turks macroing to level 80 and duping items, and without them I'm sure it would be more fun.

but you have to put into perspective. Without turks and other things like cheating ( saying that if you owned the server you would prevent this) And if you took away accessory compounding you wouldn't really have to worry about it not being fun. Cause your used to turks ruining ROFD etc. Without turks macroing to level 80 and duping items, and without them I'm sure it would be more fun.[/b]

Game just needs Turks just like any other nation , what needs to be done is give people what they want and alot of people who have left prefered the older style as it was more fun for us. There will be plenty of people who like ROFD more but for me I did like KO/KE more and KO harpies was just the fucking nutts

I would create a utopia server for PK. Everyone in +0 uniques (+3 uniques and 12khp just takes the fun out of the game) and lvl 75 or 80. This way everyone is equal and skill matters. However, this type of utopia would become crowded, so I'd create 3 servers with this type of enlarged cz As for ares/diez/ect... don't care. If anything I wouldent ban turks but give myself +3 uniques so I can be on an even playing field.

JoVaN

K, lets forgot it'll never happen.
    Imagine you were given KO. Literally given it.
    What would you do?
    How would you change it?
    Who would you hire for GM's?
    I would leave it in RoFD, I would hire 3 gms for every server. I would ban turkish café's, get rid of xtrap, and would add harder mobs wich give way more exp and make it easier to 80 and lvl max is 90 or 100.
    What idea's do you have?[/b]
    Leave it in ROFD, 4gms per server, make a better anti-hack program, add more maps (higher lvl monsters), max lvl 90, allow non-premiums to log in, hire an ACTUAL person for customer support and not an auto-bot. Probably also add a 1-69 cz and 70-90 cz :P

OLD1953

I'd probably do both, have a "classic" server for the KO types, an "imperial" server for the KE fans and everyone else could play Drake.

I'd just add to the "classic" and "imperial" clusters as demand indicated.

However, if you played classic or empire on an account, that would be the only thing you could play on that account. That rule is to keep ppl from overloading the servers by just "trying them out".

overlordmk2

lol
    -i would be the gm who comes online everyday to see if you play good and honest and i would also give away free stuff
    <span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS">-language filter(for turks XD) like if they type fack you then display at the screen of turk: "your IQ is too low to type" XD XD</span>
    -paypal for premium stuff
    -level cap 85
    -1/4xp cut at 65 and 1/2 at 75
    -ofcourse better gm, patches etc

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456