Giftcards

This is a discussion on Giftcards within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Yo i've got a question regarding gift cards, these are credit cards with 100$ from a company called GiftCards.com: Personalized ...
Page: 1

Default Giftcards

Yo i've got a question regarding gift cards, these are credit cards with 100$ from a company called GiftCards.com: Personalized Visa Gift Cards, Discounted Merchant Gift Cards, Virtual Gifts, and Group Gifting.
    The question is is there any way i can get that money on paypal or my bank or so because it are a bit small ammounts so i don't have things i could spend it on.

alright thanks,

Gravediggaz Senior Member gregg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by extince View Post
    Yo i've got a question regarding gift cards, these are credit cards with 100$ from a company called GiftCards.com: Personalized Visa Gift Cards, Discounted Merchant Gift Cards, Virtual Gifts, and Group Gifting.
    The question is is there any way i can get that money on paypal or my bank or so because it are a bit small ammounts so i don't have things i could spend it on.

alright thanks,
    I've learned that some banks have the equipment to change your gift card to cash/deposit into checking, and some don't. My bank, which happens to be a credit union could not, but when I went into a random Citizens Bank in Wal-Mart to give it a try they quickly changed it to cash for me then kept the card, from there you deposit into your own bank, then from there Paypal, then from there to "Thing" for your KO purchase. New technology with give cards imo is a step back from good old rebate checks you could just easily deposit. They are trying to force you to spend it rather than deposit it. So just go to your bank first, if it doesnt work try to go to the biggest bank in your area, and they will be your most likely candidate. Good luck.

thanks for your reply, but would it be a problem that it is a american card, while i'm living in europe (holland)?

Gravediggaz Senior Member gregg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by extince View Post
    thanks for your reply, but would it be a problem that it is a american card, while i'm living in europe (holland)?
    Oh I see, well if you log your paypal they offer moneypak under the add funds tab. maybe you have one of those 9 stores in Holland and you could just buy it with your gift card then load to paypal

edit: I guess you lose 5 bucks this way, but if its the only option it maye be worth it

mmm seems it's not gonna work but would stores like thepowerlevel.com accept these cards?

pus isn't working by me :S

Quote Originally Posted by IceThee View Post
    pus isn't working by me :S
    thanks 4 your support

If it's a visa or mastercard you need to register the card before using online. Here are the instructions:

Visa Gift Card - How It Works | Personal | Visa USA

Look at the section for online purchases.

It should be the same for American Express, but you would have to look it up.

Once the card is registered, you should be able to use online just like your own credit card.

There is also a section for, "if the purchase is more than the amount on the card"
    Last edited by r1ckyb0by; 12-03-2010 at 04:07 PM.

mate i'd like to transfer the money somehow to my paypal or bank, not as you explained above spending it online, thanks 4 your help though.