Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Illegal Ko Servers

This is a discussion on Illegal Ko Servers within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; What i dont understand if k2 doesnt like all these private servers why dont they just make one themselves..huge server ...
Page: 1

Upgrade

What i dont understand if k2 doesnt like all these private servers

why dont they just make one themselves..huge server free to play just charge people for like 2.5k scrolls and nation tranfers or something, the amount playing would surely pay for the extra server space right?

and would also get people to start on a real server maybe?

im just a noob dont flame xD

tommyleonghk

if you're talking about something similar to a private PK server.... it wont last long coz everyone will get bored since everyone's got the same + items and the same lvls

Hellsgarem is fun coz it doesnt last long... its like a dream... after it ends...its back to reality..lvling your lv50ish characters with shitty items :lol:

aka Manipulation Senior Member KungPaoChicken's Avatar

it's really boring... thats why

Banned

Hellsgarem items were only +8s...Old KO severs have +10s...To some, regular servers are private servers.

lil_mageskillz

Private servers dont last its fun at the beggining but then gets boring cause every 1 is the same and theres nothing to do.

Hustlin' Senior Member kgllegend's Avatar

What i dont understand if k2 doesnt like all these private servers[/b]
    It's not that they don't like the private servers, they are mad that the people hosting them have no hosting licenses and PRIMARILY because they are using files that have not been authorized by the creators of the files to use.

It's not that they don't like the private servers, they are mad that the people hosting them have no hosting licenses and PRIMARILY because they are using files that have not been authorized by the creators of the files to use.[/b]

Ya they are illegal by law as just apposed to a rule violation such as those in TOS. These people could be prosecuted for hosting them and the penalties are steep, however, we all know k2 will not spend the resources to shut them down (which imho is an open invitation for others to host them as they are doing). Would be interesting to see if they became more like Blizzard...

aka Manipulation Senior Member KungPaoChicken's Avatar

Ya they are illegal by law as just apposed to a rule violation such as those in TOS. These people could be prosecuted for hosting them and the penalties are steep, however, we all know k2 will not spend the resources to shut them down (which imho is an open invitation for others to host them as they are doing). Would be interesting to see if they became more like Blizzard...[/b]
    wouldn't it be more of a mgame issue to close them though?

Promise Less, Do More Senior Member Danny's Avatar

If a group of people made one realllllly good, realistic, active, cheap private server similar to USKO, it would be successful and I would go too. Until it's reported to K2..... then ßß :C

On a large private server development forum, they say that no server has ever been bothered by K2/Mgames/BBB and that K2 does not care since they are run on older files.

Promise Less, Do More Senior Member Danny's Avatar

On a large private server development forum, they say that no server has ever been bothered by K2/Mgames/BBB and that K2 does not care since they are run on older files.[/b]
    Well, go make one then. h34r:

Zaczaco11

wouldnt it be mgames that would get their panties in a bunch, not k2?

tommyleonghk

On a large private server development forum, they say that no server has ever been bothered by K2/Mgames/BBB and that K2 does not care since they are run on older files.[/b]
    no... k2/mgames/bbb would not bother the private servers... its the other private server running individual that would give hell to another private server which are better off then them...

i once played on a private server that got hacked 2 - 3 times by another bigger private server because we attracted alot of their players ... the owner even had to change the name and it went well for awhile till corruption over took.... and bam server gone dead...

eventho usko is starting to act / have symptoms of going private server...but they will never close!!! thats the difference :lol:

here i am again after 6 months of playing on/off at private servers...im back to usko... help me pls

Well, go make one then. h34r:[/b]
    It wont be out for at least a month. :P

K2 attacked few weeks ago most if not all private servers. It's not like private servers don't hurt k2 you know...

also there are 2 opinions

either people say:

It's boring all got same items +9/+3
    Or
    It's boring, i don't want to waste much time on private server for so long i just want pk

Believe me, both work. Some want exp and farm, some want pure pk.
    Where i play right now it takes u like a week to 70 (which is in the Private servers a lot) and u can keep continue to exp to 73 which is very hard. on another one i saw u create ur char and swoop ur char is 70 has full shells +10, weapons +10, +0 uniques..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast