Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

imagine knight online 2

This is a discussion on imagine knight online 2 within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Guild wars 2 straight up check out some vids looks similar 2 knight online speed...
Page: 3

Guild wars 2 straight up
    check out some vids looks similar 2 knight online speed

cam explain why you played for so many years in sth that was just

bearable game
    Maybe combo in ko was developed due to poor coding but to this day no other games came close to it. And thats what mmo ultimate goal is, thats what count most, pk (mass pvp) not some dungeon rides, events, deep story or other bullshit.

I would say if we look at mmo's pk systems they are at best "bearable" and at worst shit or not existing.

If KO would keep the PK system as it is now but updated graphics, the game code itself and maeby added some other kinds of event to entertain the players who don't like PvP. That might actually gather up players.

Banned Regular Member

Dam good post, ive recently been looking over myself Unity3d and hero engine, as i would love to get a project started in building a new imitated knight online game, based off the upgrades, farming, pk system, but changing it slightly so it was going into any of mgames copyrights, obviously its a big project, but the outcome could be well worth it.

Banned Senior Member

KO won't be able to keep it's pk system if the game is written from scratch again because it was admitted several times during the old times by the devs that combo is due to poor coding and they don't even know the origin.

i would love to play knight online 2 made for example by blizzard but w/o gay graphic like they do in WoW...

why does everyone complain about ko's graphics? i think theyre just perfectly fine. i dont play other games like wow cause i dont want to watch some cartoons fighting
    all ko needs is to update animations in that sense, maybe make a wider variety of armors and weapons so people look different and thats it
    everyone says update graphics but if they dont do it perfectly, people will complain and even some haters would still flame

Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Oreo View Post
    why does everyone complain about ko's graphics? i think theyre just perfectly fine. i dont play other games like wow cause i dont want to watch some cartoons fighting
    all ko needs is to update animations in that sense, maybe make a wider variety of armors and weapons so people look different and thats it
    everyone says update graphics but if they dont do it perfectly, people will complain and even some haters would still flame
    +1, I like the graphics as they are.
    All the fancy cartoon stuff are mainly to draw kids and women's attention.

Quote Originally Posted by coolboyp2 View Post
    +1, I like the graphics as they are.
    All the fancy cartoon stuff are mainly to draw kids and women's attention.
    My point wasn't to upgrade the whole graphics to like cartoon-ish level but maeby fix them a bit.. I mean u gotta admit they're quite crappy and old :P Kind of funny btw that combo that makes KO what it is nowadays (a great PvP game) is just one of the biggest bugs in KO history. Talk about luck.

KO run by blizz would rock my sox

with a sick ass 2h giga legendary ofc

Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kallop View Post
    My point wasn't to upgrade the whole graphics to like cartoon-ish level but maeby fix them a bit.. I mean u gotta admit they're quite crappy and old :P Kind of funny btw that combo that makes KO what it is nowadays (a great PvP game) is just one of the biggest bugs in KO history. Talk about luck.
    Check the new KOKO expansion. the new event is pretty nice graphic wise if that's what you mean.

KO won't be able to keep it's pk system if the game is written from scratch again because it was admitted several times during the old times by the devs that combo is due to poor coding and they don't even know the origin.
    Of course they can replicate it. You don't need to know the original code. Just what you want achieve.

As for rights mgame was(is) just distributor for Korea and grand rights for other regions. It's Noah System that actually made that game. But i don't know who holds rights for what today.

Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy View Post
    Of course they can replicate it. You don't need to know the original code. Just what you want achieve.

As for rights mgame was(is) just distributor for Korea and grand rights for other regions. It's Noah System that actually made that game. But i don't know who holds rights for what today.
    They actually do know the original code that caused combo because it's still here... but they can't replicate it because they have no idea what the exact lines or bugs that are causing it are and therefore cannot re-write it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by coolboyp2 View Post
    They actually do know the original code that caused combo because it's still here... but they can't replicate it because they have no idea what the exact lines or bugs that are causing it are and therefore cannot re-write it.
    I am not a coding guru but I wrote a pretty decent game in c in my 4th IT class with a friend and I can it's pretty easy to do such a thing.
    Besides that, if they have the source and no idea what caused it, it's just a matter of trial and error.
    And we all know they added archercombo which is just caused by the animation being cancelable.

wtf is juice? Senior Member trytankme's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by camaz0tz View Post
    I'm sorry are we thinking of the same game? KO is like any other korean grindfest MMO. The ONLY difference is it has a bug, which has since been "legitimized", that can be abused to give an originally unintended advantage to those that can abuse it well. Yes, I'm referring to comboing for those slow to catch on. Well, I guess there's a few other differences, like the lack of dupe/cheat prevention that less funded grindfest MMO's can even handle. Ultimately KO is a shitty game that lucked its way due to bad programming into being a bearable game, a KO2 would be nothing different or special. You wanna compare KO to an ACTUAL good MMO? Let's compare it to UO, arguably one of the best MMO's.

Skill in KO:
    • Can you position yourself correctly?
    • Are you a class that relies on comboing to do damage?
      • Did you correctly time press r between skills?
    • Did you time your pot usage correctly?
    • Are you a mage?
      • Did you keep everyone alive as best as possible with teleports and slows/stuns?
    • Did you focus the right targets?
    • Are you using the right armor/weapons based on who you're fighting?

Skill in UO:
    • Did you raise the correct skills for your character? (Yes, this requires skill because there are more builds than I can count with my fingers and each has its strengths and weaknesses)
    • Are you a mage?
      • Are you fighting another mage?
        • Did you choose the right spell based on what they're casting?
        • Did you cancel all their large spell casts?
        • Did you effectively poison them to prevent them from healing?
        • Did you counter the other mage trying to do all the same to you!?
      • Are you fighting a melee?
        • Are you properly timing your poison to counter his heals?
        • Are you making good use of terrain to keep them off you so you can cast spells?
        • Are you casting the right short cast spell that best correlates to his weakest resistance?
    • Are you a melee?
      • Did you bring a good assortment of weapons with you to switch between?
        • Did you switch to the right weapons based on the situation? (Slow, large hitting weapon for initial hit, then switching to a faster weapon to cancel/delay healing)
      • Did you effectively stay on top of your target while your target runs around trying to heal?
        • NOT AS EASY AS IT SOUNDS, people that have been playing UO for decades still can't do this perfectly.
      • Do you have poisoning?
        • Did you stay on top of reapplying poison to your weapons while staying caught up with your opponent?
      • Did you effectively create distance between yourself and opponent so you could heal up when needed?

Holy shit and that's just thinking partially on 1v1's. You wanna get into the chaos of party vs party? Guild vs guild? Faction vs faction?

Brief glimpse into faction vs faction? OH YOU DIED TO SOMEONE IN OPPOSITE FACTION? Aw poor baby, you just lost 80% of all of your stats and skills for 10 minutes rendering you no stronger than a fresh character, be better next time scrub.

Cracks me up when people go on how great KO is, they have no clue how simple and crap it is compared to the great MMO's of the past.
    ultima online? o god..
    anyways wether the pk system was bugged or not it still makes the game unique which is what keeps people hooked for so long, something i had in mind was having the graphics like aion/guildwars 2 with added storyline like for example swtor now that would be one hell of a game, as for the fact that the combo system was bugged, companies making mmo spend millions of dollars on new mmo's like bioware and swtor, they spent what 100mil or so? either way i remember it being something rediculous like that. what im trying to say though is that the concept of the combo system in ko wouldnt be hard for a descent company to accomplish.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast