Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

imagine knight online 2

This is a discussion on imagine knight online 2 within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; tbh you could make a 100% different game with the combo, terrain (cant jump) and targetting (lock-in) system and it ...
Page: 4

tbh you could make a 100% different game with the combo, terrain (cant jump) and targetting (lock-in) system and it would be a success

oh and of course, the assassin minor healing ability

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johny View Post
    Well first of all i dont know what UO is, i googled "uo MMO" . And i got only "ultimate online" so i dont think thats the game ur talking about cause its junk. Also i see ur comparing the games. First of all the points u made about ko was all about PK in general, while in "UO" all of them are in VS. So i dont know why u compared VS against PK. Cause u know as a good assasin, mage bp etc. You still have to use certain skills at times.

"Did you raise the correct skills for your character? (Yes, this requires skill because there are more builds than I can count with my fingers and each has its strengths and weaknesses)"

I guess u didn know but Ko also has several builds. Int priest, Bp priest , Something in the middel.. Mage has ehm several too. Like support mage, paper mage, ehm int mage etc..

So i see ur post as invalid and incorrect.

I could go on, but meh...
    No, sadly that's how simple KO is. All the points for 1v1 also apply to general PK. That isn't the case for UO. UO the playstyle for group pvp is so much more complicated. Mages casting fields that prevent running through, stun, or poison. Stealthers wandering around picking off people that get stuck in the mage walls. People fighting around buildings/trees/BUSHES. KO has very very little terrain to worry about, whereas UO the terrain was as much a part of PVP as anything else. It was an effective tool that had to be used by EVERYONE and you couldn't go 5 steps without running into something. Hell, even the mobs would block you and prevent you from running. Random rat walking around? NP. It just blocked your running in that direction unless you were at full stamina, then you push through it and lose a chunk of stamina.

Tank mage
    melee mage
    poison mage
    stealth mage
    healer
    pally
    swords bruiser
    poison dexxer
    tank dexxer(aka parry dexxer)
    stealth dexxer
    stealth bruiser
    archer
    dexxer archer
    anti stealth mage or dexxer(has skills to detect stealthers and reveal them)
    peacemaker mage(forces melee out of combat mode so they have to continually re-switch and retarget their targets)
    tamer mage

I'm going to completely ignore all your builds that revolve around different gear chooses in KO. Imagine a world where if you died people looted your corpse of ALL your gear. Sound fun? That's UO. Gear builds were irrelevent, because unless you never died in pvp you most likely are using the best cheapest replaceable gear you can get. Imagine spending ~100k KO gold for a whole new set of armor every time you died, most likely +6 cloth armor. If you're a melee +6 chitin. Hell, probably not even +6, probably +5 or +4. Something cheap and reliable to make.

You'd probably spring the big bucks to replace your weapon you just lost, maybe get a +6 or +7 of whatever. +8's and higher wouldn't exist for PVP because no one would risk losing them. Gear builds DID NOT EXIST in UO because gear was an afterthought. You had to rely purely on what skill build you were and your personal skill at playing it. Take that into considering, here are the builds for KO: BP, Support priest, Mage, tank mage, warrior, sin, archer. 7 builds. WOW KO complicated. Even with considering gear you add what 3-5 more builds to that? COMPLICATED AND REQUIRES SKILL!

Quote Originally Posted by Zealous View Post
    Bollucks - from the onset and throughout! Let's cut the bullet point rhetoric bro; you know full well that are some legit intricacies to KO's PvP gameplay and tactics.
    There really aren't. Positioning, proper target choices, proper combo, and proper pot usage. If you're a mage, proper slow targets and proper TP's. If you're a priest, proper heal and debuff targets.

KO PVP is far from intricate.

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy View Post
    cam explain why you played for so many years in sth that was just
    Because I had friends that played it? Now I have those same friends that play other games, and I play those with them. I never played KO because KO was good.

I never played KO because KO was good.
    Right, right... You played KO just coz your friends played. It was sort of community service from your part. It was afoul but you managed to do it for couple years... Who you trying to fool.

One word : hypocrite

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy View Post
    Right, right... You played KO just coz your friends played. It was sort of community service from your part. It was afoul but you managed to do it for couple years... Who you trying to fool.

One word : hypocrite
    Ok, believe what you want. KO is a bad game, if you believe otherwise I feel bad for you.

Community Nazı Senior Member schrotti's Avatar

Absolutely agree with cama, KO has no skill requirement whatsoever, it never did and never will. KO is a fun time waster but gets super dull simply because there's just no challenge or competitive aspect to the game, at all. You learn the basics, you get the basics.. add some items.. voila, you're ready to PK. The sole reason why people believe to be better than others is because the average 12 year old turk in this game is mentally challenged that doesn't understand the simplest tasks, of course you're going to have a certain clan or group of people rolling through them... But in the end? KO's all about the amount of time you can invest to get item a) or item b).
    Darki likes this.

wtf is juice? Senior Member trytankme's Avatar

Hold up everyone schrotti and cama have come in and said the game sucks because they don't like it. Therefore everyone else in this topic is wrong about the game having potential and all those years that they played were a public service to there friends and others and we should start playing UO because you lose your items when you die!

now im not saying your not entitled to your opinion but seriously every post either of you make is just so bias

Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by trytankme View Post
    Hold up everyone schrotti and cama have come in and said the game sucks because they don't like it. Therefore everyone else in this topic is wrong about the game having potential and all those years that they played were a public service to there friends and others and we should start playing UO because you lose your items when you die!

now im not saying your not entitled to your opinion but seriously every post either of you make is just so bias
    They're just mad they got rolled by us bro...
    trytankme and silentdj like this.

I don't know about you guys but I'll just wait for Knight Online 3 ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Moe Money View Post
    I don't know about you guys but I'll just wait for Knight Online 3 ^_^
    Was this an attempt at being amusing?

Anywho, the idea of a "Knight Online 2" to me, is pretty cool, but obviously, unrealistic. I'm all for imaging up another entirely different game, as there are a realm of possibilities, but... I just don't see it happening. With every expansion added on to KO, one more things get screwed up and we all know that. I don't know about anyone else, but I haven't seen a "new player" (and I don't mean someone that quit two years ago and came back, let's face it...9/10 people do COME BACK) in years. The only thing keeping this game alive are the players that have been around since MYKO/early USKO willing to spend hundreds upon hundreds of dollars in HOPE of change, potential to be the "best", or lastly, to turn a profit.

Knight online is by no means a complicated game, but I know personally, that's what I like best about it. The PvP system is very outdated, but more enjoyable than any other MMO I've played by far. In the end though, I've come to the conclusion that unless G1/whoever the hell owns KO sells out to another company, this game has no hope to ever being what we'd like it to/reaching the potential is has.

I've tried quitting this game one to many times, and been unsuccessful, thankfully I'm on to private servers now....that's about the closest you're going to get to a "Knight Online 2".

Quote Originally Posted by xLegendZ View Post
    Was this an attempt at being amusing

Nope was just referring to apples iPhone generation.

Anywho, the idea would nice but... I feel like no matter who owns the game they will just eventually stop caring/updating the game. Still would be nice to see a new class and some new skills.. We deff need some more character slots also.

Quote Originally Posted by schrotti View Post
    Absolutely agree with cama, KO has no skill requirement whatsoever, it never did and never will. KO is a fun time waster but gets super dull simply because there's just no challenge or competitive aspect to the game, at all. You learn the basics, you get the basics.. add some items.. voila, you're ready to PK. The sole reason why people believe to be better than others is because the average 12 year old turk in this game is mentally challenged that doesn't understand the simplest tasks, of course you're going to have a certain clan or group of people rolling through them... But in the end? KO's all about the amount of time you can invest to get item a) or item b).
    +1 to this

Imo u need to be either a no lifer or a babashoper with skill or have a group trusted ppl who share accounts bettwen eachother to roll on server (which in the end will get u getting scammed by one of those "trusted" persons after some time ). So yeah thats how it is those who dont agree already have items and want to have more ppl to kill on their servers or quitted because of that It's fucking hilarious if someone babashop or no life at game and in the end dont have many ppl to kill/play with thats how KO look alike now.
    Flame talia on hehe

Only hope is diablo 3 folks, gotta be patient and wait for it

no one said that ko was the hardest game to master in the world, this is a thread about an imaginary upgraded ko.

compared to other games, ko does require some skill. i thought it was common knowledge that in ko unlike other games, gear and level wasnt everything and you could still lose to someone better than you.

i dont know many other online games where a level 60 could beat a 70, or anything like that.

turns out that ko is stupidly easy to play now? maybe, but even then it is still harder than your common mmorpg, and that does it for most of us.

Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    i dont know many other online games where a level 60 could beat a 70, or anything like that.
    thats only is possible if the 70 player is
    ...average 12 year old turk in this game is mentally challenged that doesn't understand the simplest tasks...
    and u are decent skilled and have decent items

P.S there isnt any MMO than KO who have so many bugs but still PK was fun in old times when ppl didnt babashop (well some did but very few and it could be easly countered by rare weapon defense parts which dosnt drop anymore) & no life so much

no its not lol

assuming that the level 70 plays flawlessly then of course there is no way he is going to lose but thats where the skill factor comes up.

no one has an identical playstyle, some people will be better than others. it is not all on the levels / gears.
    Last edited by razor; 02-24-2012 at 09:37 AM. Reason: typo

You know schrotti, you still make me hard..

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast