Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

imagine a sin without a combo

This is a discussion on imagine a sin without a combo within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally posted by C4pt4iN+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(C4pt4iN)</div> <!--QuoteBegin-TunaFishyMe its funny because a bp's armor breaks with 2 acid pots rofl. *Talia breaks ...
Page: 6

TunaFishyMe

Originally posted by C4pt4iN+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(C4pt4iN)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-TunaFishyMe
    its funny because a bp's armor breaks with 2 acid pots rofl. *Talia breaks with 3 i think.
    Only goblin pauldron/pads breaks with 2 acids, +8 armor need 5 acids to break, and DD cap +6 needs 4 to break.. h43r:[/b]
    o my bad then. Then bring more acid pots! I always forget them anyways :P They cost so much. Considering I only have 20 mill in my inn, i wont be using them for a while

DRT-the_bank

if u noticed u cant use a diffrent skill right after another skill there is time between using 2 skills rogues are canceling it and they call it "combo" i think thats a bug abuse couse skills should be used like the way they are..
    make all mage attacks failsafe and well see who will own who B)
    else give mages a fakin combo

armand0

Originally posted by TripleOG4life
    if sins didnt have combo every1 would reskill to archer lol. imagine how gay archer 1v1 would be lol.
    actually archer duels are the best, they end in a short time and 1 side will surely die before pots of each side finish.

TunaFishyMe

Originally posted by armand0+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(armand0)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-TripleOG4life
    if sins didnt have combo every1 would reskill to archer lol. imagine how gay archer 1v1 would be lol.
    actually archer duels are the best, they end in a short time and 1 side will surely die before pots of each side finish.[/b]
    I dont play archer so I dont know...but isnt an archer duel just who has the best gear?

idefix

Originally posted by TunaFishyMe+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TunaFishyMe)</div>
    Originally posted by armand0@
    <!--QuoteBegin-TripleOG4life

actually archer duels are the best, they end in a short time and 1 side will surely die before pots of each side finish.
    I dont play archer so I dont know...but isnt an archer duel just who has the best gear?[/b]
    lol yep. archer duel is kinda boring -.- they just shoot at each other :P and kinda about luck, if u do arrowshower, therse always a % chance that ur attack fails and only does ele dmg... wich means u do less dmg... :P so if u get less fails, u win
    well u can basically say the same about sin and warrior duels etc. attacks can fail there too but.... wish archers could combo

armand0

not that easy, attacking angles(how many arrows gonna hit, esp. in first 2 showers), 1st potting time, 1st shower, will u wait uR enemy to run on u or u ll run? (i prefer running), stix or not? (sux in archer vs archer, like illusion in sin vs sin)

Originally posted by DRT-the_bank
    if u noticed u cant use a diffrent skill right after another skill there is time between using 2 skills rogues are canceling it and they call it "combo" i think thats a bug abuse couse skills should be used like the way they are..
    make all mage attacks failsafe and well see who will own who *B) *
    else give mages a fakin combo *
    You cant compare mage skills and rogue skills, because rogue skills do damage at the start of the animation, and mage skills do it at the end. This is an important difference. Rogues do not shorten the time between skills, they shorten the animation. Since normally the animation takes longer than the gap to wait between skills, cancelling the animation lets you hit skills faster.

Personally ive never really seen comboing as bug abuse, simply because if they didnt intend it then they would have made damage happen at the end of the animation, like drains.

idefix

Originally posted by 0000000+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(0000000)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-DRT-the_bank
    make all mage attacks failsafe and well see who will own who *B) *
    else give mages a fakin combo *
    You cant compare mage skills and rogue skills, because rogue skills do damage at the start of the animation, and mage skills do it at the end. This is an important difference. Rogues do not shorten the time between skills, they shorten the animation. Since normally the animation takes longer than the gap to wait between skills, cancelling the animation lets you hit skills faster.

Personally ive never really seen comboing as bug abuse, simply because if they didnt intend it then they would have made damage happen at the end of the animation, like drains.[/b]
    exactly -_-

oncemore

If combo didn't exsist, winning a 1vs1 would purely come down to who had the better stats.

Its pretty funny that some of the biggest flaws in KO, made the game so good. Combo, Sliding...Hardly any other mmorpg has a combo system like KO, most mmorpg's work by, best gear = you win. Thats why KO has the best PK system ever :wub:

K2 would never remove combo from KO, it would absolutly kill the game, and they know it.

idefix

Originally posted by oncemore
    If combo didn't exsist, winning a 1vs1 would purely come down to who had the better stats.

Its pretty funny that some of the biggest flaws in KO, made the game so good. Combo, Sliding...Hardly any other mmorpg has a combo system like KO, most mmorpg's work by, best gear = you win. *Thats why KO has the best PK system ever * :wub: *

K2 would never remove combo from KO, it would absolutly kill the game, and they know it.
    +1 lol....

combo ftw!!!

Yun_Yuuzhan

Originally posted by oncemore

Its pretty funny that some of the biggest flaws in KO, made the game so good. Combo, Sliding...Hardly any other mmorpg has a combo system like KO, most mmorpg's work by, best gear = you win. *Thats why KO has the best PK system ever * :wub: *

Yup. ^_^ Comboing is the great equalizer. The thing I like most about it is it isn't "hard", it just takes a lot of time to practice and nail the timing right. You can't just pick up a keyboard and start doing it, no matter how much you read about it. You gotta build that muscle memory

Originally posted by Yun_Yuuzhan
    Before combo warriors owned hardcore. *Sins could too but that's only because dagger defense was not widely used. *The main difference between a cz where everybody combos vs. where almost nobody does is that the fights don't last nearly as long. *I remember seeing 1v1s back in the day when shell was very rare and +8s were unknown, and they took FOREVER because without combo it is extremely difficult to outdamage 720 pots.
    Keep in mind tho that this whole game is based on team play not 1v1.

Yun_Yuuzhan

Originally posted by Shivering+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shivering)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-Yun_Yuuzhan
    Before combo warriors owned hardcore. *Sins could too but that's only because dagger defense was not widely used. *The main difference between a cz where everybody combos vs. where almost nobody does is that the fights don't last nearly as long. *I remember seeing 1v1s back in the day when shell was very rare and +8s were unknown, and they took FOREVER because without combo it is extremely difficult to outdamage 720 pots.
    Keep in mind tho that this whole game is based on team play not 1v1.[/b]
    I also remember regularly tanking whole parties with old _SoulSlayer_ and never getting below half health

Originally posted by Yun_Yuuzhan+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Yun_Yuuzhan)</div>
    Originally posted by Shivering@

I also remember regularly tanking whole parties with old _SoulSlayer_ and never getting below half health [/b]
    thats besides the point that the party completely sucks lol :wub: all im saying is that the game wasnt developed for 1 on 1 for some reason the players here got obsessed by it and complain if they cant do something solo.

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

Originally posted by Shivering+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shivering)</div>
    Originally posted by Yun_Yuuzhan+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Yun_Yuuzhan)
    <!--QuoteBegin-Shivering
    @

I also remember regularly tanking whole parties with old _SoulSlayer_ and never getting below half health [/b]
    thats besides the point that the party completely sucks lol :wub: all im saying is that the game wasnt developed for 1 on 1 for some reason the players here got obsessed by it and complain if they cant do something solo.[/b][/quote]

i think im one of the few mages who chose a build designed 100% for support

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast