Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 31
Like Tree7Likes

Imagine a Sub Fee KO w/ no PUS

This is a discussion on Imagine a Sub Fee KO w/ no PUS within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; With a little tweaking to the upgrade percentages since there are no Trinas. I feel like that would be one ...
Page: 1


  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    392

    Default Imagine a Sub Fee KO w/ no PUS

    With a little tweaking to the upgrade percentages since there are no Trinas. I feel like that would be one hell of a game. In my opinion, and I'm guilty of spending upwards of $800, babashopping really ruins this game and the feeling of accomplishment. Had KO been a sub based game with no cash shop, it would have been such an epic game. I know they bank off the PUS, but it's wishful thinking anyway. What do you think? Would KO have been successful as a subscription MMO?

    In before, "It already is with premiums."

  2. #2
    Senior Member BabyTickler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    136

    Default

    I love to be way more powerfull then any other player because i can afford it.
    I love to be one of the top players in my server and ppl look up against me because i have nice items.
    So No, i like ko the way it is!

    But would it be more succesful? yes...

  3. #3
    Banned Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,115

    Default

    it could work, but it will still not bring new-players, the playerbase will still be the same with people that already play for years.

  4. #4
    Senior Member regiss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    3,506

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eye4Eye View Post
    With a little tweaking to the upgrade percentages since there are no Trinas. I feel like that would be one hell of a game. In my opinion, and I'm guilty of spending upwards of $800, babashopping really ruins this game and the feeling of accomplishment. Had KO been a sub based game with no cash shop, it would have been such an epic game. I know they bank off the PUS, but it's wishful thinking anyway. What do you think? Would KO have been successful as a subscription MMO?

    In before, "It already is with premiums."
    it would be epic game without injection +10 items and almost non actions aganist cheaters by K2 for few years.

  5. #5
    Amuse me Moderator razor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    nowhere
    Posts
    7,648

    Default

    Monthly sub fee is a joke of a business model atm, and it would be even more of a joke for a game like KO.

    Edit: also, for the people that may think that this would stop gold farmers... even p2p games have them.

  6. #6
    God. Moderator Kallop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Above you.
    Posts
    5,203

    Default

    I imagine it would be another game that I wouldn't be playing. How fun.
    WSxMagicians likes this.

  7. #7
    Polak Extraordinaire Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    972

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    Monthly sub fee is a joke of a business model atm, and it would be even more of a joke for a game like KO.

    Edit: also, for the people that may think that this would stop gold farmers... even p2p games have them.
    Very few games can actually support a pay to play model at the moment. If I remember correctly, RIFT tried to do it and had to cancel it because of how atrocious the number of users playing was?
    I much prefer what GW2 has; pay a fine sum of money ($60 when it launched) and play forever, this way if you get banned, you have to repay that every time, way better imo.

    BUT THOSE GAMES ALSO DONT HAVE GAME MASTERS SELLING ITEMS TO PEOPLE FOR $$$$$ ALL DAY LONG SO IUNNO MAYNE

  8. #8
    Senior Member BabyTickler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    136

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SkyHunter View Post
    Very few games can actually support a pay to play model at the moment. If I remember correctly, RIFT tried to do it and had to cancel it because of how atrocious the number of users playing was?
    I much prefer what GW2 has; pay a fine sum of money ($60 when it launched) and play forever, this way if you get banned, you have to repay that every time, way better imo.

    BUT THOSE GAMES ALSO DONT HAVE GAME MASTERS SELLING ITEMS TO PEOPLE FOR $$$$$ ALL DAY LONG SO IUNNO MAYNE
    I've heard this many times. GM'S selling items to players? Is there any real evidence?

  9. #9
    Senior Member Nautus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    182

    Default

    There was a gm in ares long time ago who sold items for $. I Don't remember his name. It's not a legend it was real don't know if it's still like that.
    Imo money can buy everything and everyone

  10. #10
    Amuse me Moderator razor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    nowhere
    Posts
    7,648

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nautus View Post
    There was a gm in ares long time ago who sold items for $. I Don't remember his name. It's not a legend it was real don't know if it's still like that.
    Imo money can buy everything and everyone
    They're no myth, they were real and existed in many servers, one of them being carnac west.

    Ask anyone from the old Legacy clan.
    WSxMagicians and Teddy like this.

  11. #11
    Senior Member Diver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    939

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    They're no myth, they were real and existed in many servers, one of them being carnac west.

    Ask anyone from the old Legacy clan.

    stop bullying people omg no bullies welcome here

    razor likes this.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    US, PHILADELPHIA!
    Posts
    613

    Default

    This idea is totally possible. However the only way its can be done if you have at least 3-4 developers who can code in c++. What you do is a make good server a VERRY GOOD server with no PUS with added donation button that will give you in game special status as a Donor. Should be just a visual status or special glowing w/e . How this will work? Well if server is very reliable fun and everything work properly people who play here will appreciate this and for sure there will be good amount of donations. However it is not mandatory. Unfortunately this is close to impossible to happen as there is two main problems. .1. Everyone wants to make sure they earn money and they will need pus no matter what. Second we aint got enough devs.
    Last edited by Deadhealer; 12-25-2014 at 11:10 PM.

  13. #13
    Banned Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    458

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BabyTickler View Post
    I've heard this many times. GM'S selling items to players? Is there any real evidence?
    Its true. Back in 2009 i bought giga+10 on xigenon from gm for 1300$.
    it was good trade cuz i sold it for 2000$ next month.

  14. #14
    Senior Member BabyTickler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    136

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Small_BUT_Efective View Post
    Its true. Back in 2009 i bought giga+10 on xigenon from gm for 1300$.
    it was good trade cuz i sold it for 2000$ next month.
    Is it still possible? how you even get in contact with one xd

  15. #15
    Senior Member Diver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    939

    Default

    how would a non-pus KO stop the babashopping?
    WSxMagicians likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •