Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Imposters

This is a discussion on Imposters within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Ok ill make this topic because obviously people cannot your their brains. I just recieved a pm, inwhich it said ...
Page: 1

Default Imposters

Ok ill make this topic because obviously people cannot your their brains.

I just recieved a pm, inwhich it said this:

hi,
    i just got scammed by some1 who names his self souls?
    220usd, this wasnt you right?

If anybody sends you a pm off ko4life pretending to me either me/ Draven or Danny we have different coloured named at the bottom of the website, it only takes 5 seconds to see if they are online, then pm them to see if it was them.

We have had an aweful lot of imposters lately, we try to ban them all, but we are human we all have jobs so cannot sit here and watch the forum every two minutes incase somebody makes a new account.

Just be aware the imposters use the following keys before or after the name _ , . " ' and many more, just use your eyes please.

Banned for scamming.

There goes my friend

replyed to your pm, im sorry it happened to him, but it would have only take 10 seconds to pm me and he would have found out it wasn't the correct person.

Yea I also warn about Thing, and Danny as u said I've recieved 3 messages from Imposter Thing and 1 from Danny, So be aware !

SexyIsWhatIam

Yes, alot of imposters going on. I have received 3-4 Pms from "thing." and 2-3 on "Danny,". 1 more things for advise is that the accounts using all these ppl names is nearly cr8 and has 0 post, therefore is definately not the real 1.

as i said , you should make account validation made by mods , same way koranking do
    you register , after that mods will check your IP/username to make sure that none can lead to any kind of scam , if you are clean you would become a member , if not its BB................

Quote Originally Posted by the ring View Post
    as i said , you should make account validation made by mods , same way koranking do
    you register , after that mods will check your IP/username to make sure that none can lead to any kind of scam , if you are clean you would become a member , if not its BB................
    Problem is that noone gives a rats ass anymore about this forum, atleast not anyone from the Admin staff. Ye, I manually validate every account at koranking after a quick check up. It takes some time but it avoids alot of future troubles.

Aside that, it would actually be good if you remove the inactive and useless mods and get some new ones and when you're on that road, appoint some new admins for gods sake. I'm pretty sure there are still a few people who care a lil about this forum and would love to spend some of their spare time getting things straight again. I mean, just check the private server section. Nearly every topic is being hijacked or people flame like mad. Yet nothing has been done about it. If I recall well, few months ago I complained about it but nothing has been done about it. Au contraine, it has gotten worse ALOT.

Quote Originally Posted by soenne View Post
    Problem is that noone gives a rats ass anymore about this forum, atleast not anyone from the Admin staff. Ye, I manually validate every account at koranking after a quick check up. It takes some time but it avoids alot of future troubles.

Aside that, it would actually be good if you remove the inactive and useless mods and get some new ones and when you're on that road, appoint some new admins for gods sake. I'm pretty sure there are still a few people who care a lil about this forum and would love to spend some of their spare time getting things straight again. I mean, just check the private server section. Nearly every topic is being hijacked or people flame like mad. Yet nothing has been done about it. If I recall well, few months ago I complained about it but nothing has been done about it. Au contraine, it has gotten worse ALOT.
    This topic wasn't made to bring up any other issues than to make the general users aware of the current problem.

Little archer Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Souls View Post
    people cannot your their brains.
    wat........

To punish and enslave Senior Member Magyk's Avatar

Fyi, if u click on the names of those ., dudes, the forum still links u to real souls/danny instead of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Magyk View Post
    Fyi, if u click on the names of those ., dudes, the forum still links u to real souls/danny instead of them.
    Yeah im not completely sure how that works, we are working on stuff to try and stamp this out for good

Banned

Ohh bad things to know about this fake names and this transfers to the eral named person instead of the fake one :S
    isnot there a resolve to this issue SOULS ?

Question: Are u the souls that made a account on NDKO forums? or is that a imposter as well?

That is me

Quote Originally Posted by soenne View Post
    <offtopic>
    Wrong. We still care, otherwise why keep wasting money on hosting and a vB license (yes, I paid for this from my own pocket) for a site I don't even care. Ads don't even cover 20% of the hosting monthly costs and I'm about to spend $200 on license upgrade for the forum. Don't mixup lack of time with lack of care.

The only thing I agree with you is that we need to add admins/mods and remove inactive ones.
    </offtopic>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast