Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

InfiniteMadness aka CaptainTripps aka GreyGan

This is a discussion on InfiniteMadness aka CaptainTripps aka GreyGan within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I'd work for them for 8 bucks a hour.[/b] Really? Thats minimum wage in most of Canada. You would have ...
Page: 17

Zaria

I'd work for them for 8 bucks a hour.[/b]
    Really? Thats minimum wage in most of Canada. You would have to be crazy.

Banned Senior Member

ya it is Minimum wage in canada, but in the states Minimum wage isn't even $6/h. Plus general things are "cheaper" there then in canada even before you get into the currency conversion

Zaria

Plus general things are "cheaper" there then in canada even before you get into the currency conversion[/b]

True that, but not a whole $2 per dollar.

bahamen

uhm...Infinite....could u explain us whats wrong with Diez 1 server ?
    just whats the problem with server - fcked xp points

little_painter

i think danish minimum vages is around 90 kr pr hour atm 1 dollar = ca 5,77 kr
    = some where above 16 dollars pr hr

striker6

huh....

Really? Thats minimum wage in most of Canada. You would have to be crazy.[/b]
    In Estonia that's considered a rather high wage...like 4x the minimum wage we have here -.-

uhm...Infinite....could u explain us whats wrong with Diez 1 server ?
    just whats the problem with server - fcked xp points[/b]
    u talking bout how it had 50 % always and high drop rate or we ? sullimo said it was king bugging it

flamthrow

As a student we get payed like 10-15 euro/h for the most shittiest jobs there are in Belgium.
    Anyway sad to see you leave Infinity I actually remember you from DRT geez thats like 3 years ago now lol. Anyway good luck irl and all the best.

Infinitemadness

@boomersooner, your an idiot. Case closed.

@Moe, remember we talked on msn, I just atleast wanted to say what I had to say. Because even then I never really said that on msn. All I said was that you were a pain in the ass on the forums. This is a delayed response. Nah I actually respect you, and secondly I dont need a job at Mcd's K2 was my 2nd job. This was extra money. And again, it was you yeah that I was removed from Xig, because you complained about EVERYTHING. Again, whats done is done, and Im not trying to flame you. If I wanted to flame someone I'd do a better job then to just say fuck you and all you stand for. Anyhow.

@CoolTang: Alright got a few Q's for you to answer if u like:

1) Did you dupe or cheat in any way before becoming GM?
    Hell no, didnt know how to dupe, and thought it was retarded, cheat? Only cheating you could say was, when a Gm asked me to try out an exploit to see if it worked or not, if you call that cheating, then yeah.

2) Did you dupe or know it was duped to get ur CS+8, that u said u "acquired" before GM?
    It's not duped. But if you wanna call it duped, up to you.

3) Did you continue to play KO as a player after becoming GM, and benefiting yourself with GM status. (aka giving yourself items, lvl, money, premium, etc.)
    The only thing I did afterward in efforts of playing, was I had pk characters for a while to catch the glitchers and koxpers. But I didnt have access to give my self ANYTHING, so no. As far as premium, sure to make sure I could get in, but it was for the benefit of the job, only reason.

4) Did you directly give beneficial favoritism to those that you knew ingame?
    I gave favortism to servers, not one person in particular. Although SOME people say I did, but whatever.

4) How much power did u actually have being ur type of GM. Aka direct access to the database, gm tool programs, and what limits to stuff you couldn't do.
    I had as much power as an overpowered constable. I could ban people, and mess with premium and such. Woot. I couldnt see passwords, I couldnt see secret questions or such. I could change them, but NEVER ONCE did I ever do that maliciously. ONLY to help others. I had NO access to inject items, create characters, and such.

5) Can u tell us about the different lvls of GMs that there is, and their limitations and other expectations other than the 100+ bans.
    Tier 1,2,3, and basically the difference is, one has more access then the other, and make decisions on stuff. I was for example, tier 1.

6) Doubt u can answer this, but is it true that theres an actual paypal account of one of the GMs, where people pay a certain amount of money and will get lvls, items, etc.
    I have heard of NO such account, if it exists, I have no knowledge of it.

Btw thanx for posting the whole TOWN issue, I know it's been stated before, and proved but always been continuous spam from the members of TOWN stating otherwise.
    Same way for EK, I mean atleast They outright cheated. Im not saying ALL of TOWN got benefits. Just those of us, that were IN it did. NOT ALL. Dont blame everyone, SAME GOES FOR EK. NOT ALL OF THEM WERE BAD or corrupt, or Anni, or whomever. Cant blame ALL of them for what few dumbass's did.

And sorry, I'm siding with boomersooner, I'm one of those lurkers also, prob cuz I don't have even all +1 accessories and theres still people around that call me duper. Don't get me wrong, I'm not naive, like 99% of the people in KO, I know how to get access to koxp, dupe methods, usd payments for items, or just plain suckup to a GM, but I've always believed that when u have to cheat to win, whats the point in playing.
    It's cool. But he doesnt know anybetter, just some random guy thats spouting off, claiming he's superman over the internet. (Put away your thesaurus now boomer. AND BTW, I didnt come on here to have a pity party, I just came on to thank those that were there, and being a friend, and basically to say fuck off to those that are corrupt. No more no less, and didnt really bash the company, as stated before, thats not my intentions. I just came on to say Im done. And to MOE, he didnt get the job done, they just wanted to shut him up. If it was truly UP to him, I'd been fired ALONG time ago for his accusations. Did he get the job done? Nope. They knew better. (They meaning, upper GM's. They knew it was all bullshit.)

Also gotta give u props to those u helped on ur servers, seems like u got quite a few fans, also props to posting and replying to these people, most would ignore them.

I try not to ignore, it's never my intentions. Thats what Ive always tried to do, but Im a person, and sometimes anger gets the best of me. Im chilled now, I got my answer about my situation this morning. And yeah, great things come to those who wait. Im good now, but again, just wanted to say thanks for the great memories, and I wont forget you all.

Banned Senior Member

someone's able to post from work and it's not a sunday

Infinitemadness

someone's able to post from work and it's not a sunday [/b]
    hehehe Im not at work, I actually have today off. Believe it or not. I can now play my other game, ccg, that I used to play well before KO. Atleast when you buy into this ccg, it's tangible and it has a better resell value. Anyhow. So yeah Im chilling at home, AND I GOT SLEEP. Holy shit, this is what it feels like? This is damn good.

Infinitemadness

WoW i actually red topic where there hasnt been too much flaming for once.... ok now my opinion.
    on Arestides "He was intelligent, mostly. But in the end it was his anger that ruined it for him"

Your wrong, unless your definition of intelligence and mine differ dramatically. Arestides, was selfish, he was a cheat, he was a power monger and he deserved to go long before someone at K2 eventually had the nerve to get rid of him.

Now im not sure of your GM status, i never had contact with you but from what i hear you were a stand up guy that was willing to help the community and help players deal with K2 fuck ups, that should be applauded. Its hard being a GM even for the 6 months or whatever i did it, you can never please every player, you can never ban all cheats, you can never get too close to people because they will work out who you are and then the rumours start.

Its K2 with the issues here though, firstly, external GMs are infact a BAD idea... thats right. Externally you have very little control over employees, they can pretty much do what they want, its hard to monitor productivity etc. But i think the main point here is that GMs based at K2 know little about the game, and generally dont give a shit, and thats the way this will stay.

Infinite is right about K2 Customer services - it sucks, marketing director (you know who he is) doesnt care too much about customers the whole K2 company is profit based rather than customer service based. Infinite i know the IT guy you speak out of quite well and he is the best K2 employee i have come across, anything needs doing he will do it quick!! After K2 took away my GM powers with no thanks to arestides who clearly saw me as a threat to him (cos basically i thought he was a cock) hes the only guy i stayed in contact with.

The end of the day though, this move doesnt surprise me, K2 are after profits, cheaper workers in india = more profits, clearly they havent learnt from the whole Syed incident but some things wont change.

I hope you new job is better than that crap anyway.

Morax.[/b]
    Yeah. Im not talking about book smart. Im talking about manipulation skills. That was where he thrived at. Thats what I meant by intelligent.

And, as far as production, they kept track of it. They could see my login times, they can check loot logs and such. They can check transactions like that. Anyhow, thanks for the kind words, atleast I took them as being kind. Ever stopped and wondered why they kept me on as long as they did? I wasnt fired for my work habits, or accusations.

The end of the day though, this move doesnt surprise me, K2 are after profits, cheaper workers in india = more profits, clearly they havent learnt from the whole Syed incident but some things wont change.[/b]
    You said it Morax. Again thanks. Peace.

Little known fact that I heard. Syed works for Turf Battles? whatever it's called. It's from a company called qixo, or something like that. Daniel and Syed were partners from what I heard. So yeah. Good luck TB players

LiZzY

too bad u lost ur job but it seems like u're better off without them
    U helped alot on xig and some of our friends I spoke to you before in vent..back then when u used to join xig clan's
    vent.
    I remembered when u banned Ispella i used to hate that cheater who will always exped me at golems anyway heres the link just to remember ur old time worked in xig
    http://z11.invisionfree.com/knightonlinera...17117&st=45

Good Luck to you and ur family..

spab

Can i raise u query, how do u decide if u will or will not bann players. Cuz sometimes i saw that ppl werent banned for something for some other players were banned. The question is that u preferably bann lower lvls and so on.... (maybe u know what exactly im talking about maybe u not) just ansver if banning ppl depends on lvl, premium and things like that

thx pr1est