Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

InfiniteMadness aka CaptainTripps aka GreyGan

This is a discussion on InfiniteMadness aka CaptainTripps aka GreyGan within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; hi madness :mellow: sorry to hear what happened man.. hope it works out with you havnt even talked to you ...
Page: 7

hi madness :mellow:

sorry to hear what happened man.. hope it works out with you

havnt even talked to you in forever, does this mean you can unblock my msn now?

dang that sucks madness, want to thank you again for all the help you gave us on xig, from getting back my friends accounts and being the best gm i seen, good luck in life have fun

Protoss Arbiter Senior Member

Well, when i went to K2 when my dad was selling them new computers and shit... the manager lady in there named Barbara- Saphyre Gm of Beramus said that they dont own the game she said that they just host it and they dont really own the game from what she said..

So how could they sell it to a new company?[/b]
    Of course they don't own the game; the game belongs to MGames, the actual programmers/developers of the game. They host the game - meaning, they provide the servers and other hardware necessary, as well as the manpower to actually run the game. They can sell the license that they have for hosting the game as well as their servers.

Black Irish Senior Member sir_locksley's Avatar

madness just wondering if they prevented u from posting on these forums? LOL be funny if they actually kept track of the ko4life and koranking forums for gm posting and etc.

Protoss Arbiter Senior Member

Just a couple questions.

1. How long does a GM typically work; normally, people don't see GMs online very often, so when is it that they are actually online and in-game? I've seen answers vary from time to time, but I have yet to get a a definitive, straight answer.
    2. Does K2 know the status of the players; ie. do they know the fact that KOXPers run rampant, the duping on several servers is out of control, etc.?
    3. Does K2 actually read these unofficial forums (koranking, ko4life, cafegeveze)? Perhaps that&#39;s what separates ArenaNet from K2... <.<

Thanks.

Black Irish Senior Member sir_locksley's Avatar

Just a couple questions.

1. How long does a GM typically work; normally, people don&#39;t see GMs online very often, so when is it that they are actually online and in-game? I&#39;ve seen answers vary from time to time, but I have yet to get a a definitive, straight answer.
    2. Does K2 know the status of the players; ie. do they know the fact that KOXPers run rampant, the duping on several servers is out of control, etc.?
    3. Does K2 actually read these unofficial forums (koranking, ko4life, cafegeveze)? Perhaps that&#39;s what separates ArenaNet from K2... <.<[/b]
    if GMs work like Madness says with 3-4 hours of sleep how come they dont ban some of the obvious cheaters? :S i mean i know Madness was a pretty good gm but with the way the gms are performing atm with about 2 per server they need at least 15-20 to keep the servers organized with no cheaters >_>

Infinitemadness

madness just wondering if they prevented u from posting on these forums? LOL be funny if they actually kept track of the ko4life and koranking forums for gm posting and etc.[/b]
    Yeah they prevented me, up until now.

@Magix, Sure man, sorry bro, just know why I had to.

@lutz:
    1. How long does a GM typically work; normally, people don&#39;t see GMs online very often, so when is it that they are actually online and in-game? I&#39;ve seen answers vary from time to time, but I have yet to get a a definitive, straight answer.
    Usually 8 hours. No more. Me, I worked 7 days a week, usually 5 hours a night, except on Friday and Saturday, then it was 10 hours for me. Usually in game 10am-7pm for US Gm&#39;s, and then 7pm-10am for India Gm&#39;s. So it&#39;s covered 24 hour coverage, just getting to know which server, thats a good one. AND ALOT of them followed in MY footsteps, where they have hidden GM&#39;s due to the hack that notified a player of when a GM was online, so if you dont know the GM name, then you couldnt pm them, and I had one too....

Yeah they know. The producer would keep getting onto me about not banning enough players on a nightly basis, what he could never figure out, that when I worked 5 hours, he wanted the same amount of people banned that worked 8 hours. Meaning, he wanted 100+ people banned no matter what shift. 4-5 hours, or 8 hours, didnt matter, so YEAH they know. Duping. Yeah, out of control. Again, they know it, just dont really really know how to fix it. As soon as they fix one hole, another one pops out then when they find out about that hole, 2 more come out, then the cycle just repeats. Best of luck to them in the future.

3. Does K2 actually read these unofficial forums (koranking, ko4life, cafegeveze)? Perhaps that&#39;s what separates ArenaNet from K2... <.<

Yeah, they actually do, that makes no difference to me if they check it or not, I speak the truth, or the best to my ability, and if they are upset, Truth hurts doesnt it?

IllusionS

oh and why dont K2 compensate the players, and dont they realize that by their shit service they are in turn losing money int he long run.

Infinitemadness

if GMs work like Madness says with 3-4 hours of sleep how come they dont ban some of the obvious cheaters? :S i mean i know Madness was a pretty good gm but with the way the gms are performing atm with about 2 per server they need at least 15-20 to keep the servers organized with no cheaters >_>[/b]

Well here was my daily regime: Wake up about 7am. Get kids up to go to school. I go to work at 10am. I get off work at 7pm. From 7pm to 9pm, fix dinner, spend time with family, get kids to showers, and to bed. 9pm, login and start working, go to bed at 2am-3am. Wash, rinse, repeat. And YES they need atleast 10 GM&#39;s ACTIVELLY patrolling each server, zone 1,2,3 all day everyday to keep it under control. (9-10, thats 3 per server)

Infinitemadness

oh and why dont K2 compensate the players, and dont they realize that by their shit service they are in turn losing money int he long run.[/b]
    They need to, do they? Nope. But they need to. What can you do about it? Send in a cs request. Will you get it? I doubt it, I stopped doing cs last year, so I dont know much more then that. But bottomline is, you should get days back. At the least.

How large is K2 as a company? Are they making insane profits instead of hiring more workers to patroll the servers?

I hardly have seen GM talking in the chat lately other than sullimo being busy spawning bosses for people and socializing with players, which is great and helps boost moral but players truely want people banned, and on diez that just isn&#39;t getting done aside from even banning some legit people. (aka kinshi below this thread)

Well here was my daily regime: Wake up about 7am. Get kids up to go to school. I go to work at 10am. I get off work at 7pm. From 7pm to 9pm, fix dinner, spend time with family, get kids to showers, and to bed. 9pm, login and start working, go to bed at 2am-3am. Wash, rinse, repeat. And YES they need atleast 10 GM&#39;s ACTIVELLY patrolling each server, zone 1,2,3 all day everyday to keep it under control. (9-10, thats 3 per server)[/b]
    ok well then answer these questions... why is it that they banned my character for "koxping in merchant" why u get banned for that and
    i got pissed at k2 for banning me so i made a noob and wanted to see how fast i would get banned. so i koxped at smilidon for 5 days, got lvl 55 and never got banned. wtf?

kibal

In the beginning I want to point out a few things. I was known as GreyGan from the DRT clan on Orc side. Well that was the last clan that I was in before going to be a GM. Yeah we had ties with TOWN and such, and that was a random thought, but anyhow. So yeah, To clear something up. Something that was on my mind since the beginning. Yeah once Arestides became GM, yeah he leveled us up, and got us items and such, yeah everybody knew everything. However, Im just here to confirm it. It&#39;s all true. Nuff said about that.[/b]
    arestides lvled town and gave them items? ,zzzzzzzzzzz if its true why i went human omg

was arestides aka james flexmastercoveteus the guy that sold a shard +8 to bober?

IllusionS

Many of us have tried, they either give us some generic response saying "We understand your issue but we cannot do anything about it at this time", or "I personally am unable to but will escalate the issue to someone else", or they just delete the ticket completely, then they say thanks for playing KO!

But really how can they expect a fixed number of bannings, people cheat at different times, its not a set number, and if you weren&#39;t banning enough, then that could be a result of less people cheating (unlikely), which really is a good thing. Instead of them worrying about people being banned they should&#39;ve been looking into how these cheats are used, find out the flaw in the code and fix it.

The result of innocent people getting banned is probably a result of the determination in K2 to get X number of bans a day, so GM&#39;s would try to find people just to ban, when you see some of the most obvious cheaters for months that never get ban.

What about the rumours on people that buy premium/spend lots of $$$ on the game not bein banned even if they cheat?

stevouk

Question.

Do K2 honestly care about their players?

Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast