Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Interesting Hole in K2 TOS

This is a discussion on Interesting Hole in K2 TOS within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; problem is, how many people actually will come to california to get $5 back?...
Page: 3

aka Manipulation Senior Member KungPaoChicken's Avatar

problem is, how many people actually will come to california to get $5 back?

Banned

no shit @ the gay replies.

i don't have anything better to do atm because the hackers have taken over my game. so either contribute to the thread or gtfo.

i get a warn and a 2 day ban for calling trialmod3 chuckie and they can flame me like this?

lol @ ko4life
    (vote no on trial mod 3 btw - i think he is chuckie even though phantom and shurt assure me that he is not.)
    back to the topic at hand -

@nikleo the reason private suggests using the cdca or whatever is that you don't have to pay for any of that - you are filing a complaint with the people that are paid by the state to protect the rights of the consumer.

btw, you don't need a lawyer to take them to small claims 10000 times.[/b]
    sounded like you had something larger in mind thats why i wrote what i wrote

holychit.... Your amazing xD
    If there is anything i can do to help let me know. I'm not the greatest at research and junk, but anything i'd be able to do, i'd sure do it.

Hustlin' Senior Member kgllegend's Avatar

You should really go through with this idea, it would really help make a large difference in the game. If KO can acknowledge that people are really trying to do take legal actions against what they are doing, I am sure that even if they won the case they would make adjustments and create a solution to this problem in game, because they know that eventually a second case would be brought up against them by someone else. Only problem is it is very expensive. If only this forum can accept donations for thing's like this.

ud have to argue that they ARENT working, which they do...theyre just being used improperly, but they still FUNCTION properly

thats like making a lawsuit cuz ur toaster is burning all ur toast, but at the same time its only being burnt cuz everytime u put toast in ur friend puts it on the highest heat setting.....

toaster is working, its just not being used properly...thats not the company's fault thats the users fault[/b]
    It's more like buying toast at a restaurant that would be guarunteed to cook properly and not be burned. Yet someone 'doesnt matter who' keeps burning, but the restaurant still serves it to you burnt.

I remember along time ago (3~4 years) they promised new zones that only premuim users could go to.. Haven't seen that yet.[/b]
    Lol, it's called 'server 1'.

california department of consumer affairs

and wat is up with karysa sig ??????????

and wat is up with karysa sig ??????????[/b]
    What exactly is wrong with it?

Banned

and wat is up with karysa sig ??????????[/b]
    Looks fine to me...

Personally I find it quite disrespectful, Magic and Karysa.

Btw, first posters really shut up, he's actually trying to do something. I think you clearly have a case, just needs some planning and go for it.

BigApple

OKay , so you are comparing scrolls to a consumer goods item like a tv. Lets examine that theory...
    I buy a TV and take it home, set it up, and it works great. Just like using a scroll...
    Then a crackhead comes in and smashes my nice new TV. Just like a hacker cancelling your scroll.
    The TV seller/manufacturer has no liability via their warranty as it is not a malfunction of the TV itself, but a result of illegal activity by a third party. K2's would have no liability as it is not a malfunction of the scroll itself, but also is a result of illegal activity by a third party.
    (Now if the scrolls just disappeared on thereown you would have a strong case).
    I think you would have to sue the hackers for denial of service or something like that.

This is just my talking point, so please dont flame me. I think the current situation sucks, but I don't think you can actually sue them, for this. Although it is likely that if you bring a suit, they will make you a settlement offer.

PaPaSmurF

It's more like buying toast at a restaurant that would be guarunteed to cook properly and not be burned. Yet someone 'doesnt matter who' keeps burning, but the restaurant still serves it to you burnt.
    Lol, it's called 'server 1'. [/b]
    lol touche :lol:

OKay , so you are comparing scrolls to a consumer goods item like a tv. Lets examine that theory...
    I buy a TV and take it home, set it up, and it works great. Just like using a scroll...
    Then a crackhead comes in and smashes my nice new TV. Just like a hacker cancelling your scroll.
    The TV seller/manufacturer has no liability via their warranty as it is not a malfunction of the TV itself, but a result of illegal activity by a third party. K2's would have no liability as it is not a malfunction of the scroll itself, but also is a result of illegal activity by a third party.
    I think you would have to sue the hackers for denial of service or something like that.

This is just my talking point, so please dont flame me. I think the current situation sucks, but I don't think you can actually sue them, for this. Although it is likely that if you bring a suit, they will make you a settlement offer.[/b]
    Yes, but *I* am responsible for the security of my home, to stop crackheads from breaking my TV. K2 is responsible for the security of their servers(home) to stop crackheads(hackers) from breaking the tv(scrolls).

This is just my talking point, so please dont flame me. I think the current situation sucks, but I don't think you can actually sue them, for this. Although it is likely that if you bring a suit, they will make you a settlement offer.[/b]
    not exactly because we never get to take the scrolls home. we aren't allowed to. we have to use them on k2s servers (in their store) and the hacker ruins them on their property so they are responsible for letting the hacker do so.

its not about winning a a lawsuit - its about getting their attention. if every californian that plays this game filed a small claims action it would cost nothing to finance and a buttload of time on their part to respond.

Nissim

Like barny stinson says: Lawsuit UP! :P

nice idea.. but i dont think u will get anything out of this.

Like barny stinson says: Lawsuit UP! :P

nice idea.. but i dont think u will get anything out of this.[/b]

jebus - what is wrong with just having a discussion about something . . . i thought this was a forum where people shared ideas.

nevermind i guess . . .

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast