This is a discussion on interesting topic within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; http://forum.knightonlineworld.com/forum_e...p;#entry1075225...
Oke much details plx I cant go on KOL forum :huh: Just tell me what it's all about
As you know, we've recently disabled the option to send items via mail in-game. This is intended to be only a temporary measure as we explore any connections it may share with the recent influx of high-level unique items. Since then, however, the team has been discussing the pros and cons of sending items via the mail and as it turns out, to us it seems as though not having the ability to send items benefits the world of Knight Online far more than the ability to send them did.
That said, we are only one part of it; we may hold all the cards, but a move like permanently removing this feature impacts the community. To that end, I'd like to open up discussion to you fine ladies and gentlemen and get your input. I'll start with the list of pros and cons that we came up with; feel free to refute or add to them.
(The ( + ) or ( - )beside it indicates the potential impact to the game)
* Any potential to dupe through the mail is erased. ( + ) ( + ) ( + )
* Gold farming operations are massively hindered ( + )( + )( + )
* Illegal items cannot be laundered through the mail ( + )( + )
* Harmful players may not spam others with items ( + )
* Certain third party tool functions which use the mail will no longer work ( + )( + )
* Items can no longer become lost from sending to a name that does not exist. ( + )
* Mail cannot be used as extra storage when inn keeper is full ( + )
* Being able to send items inexplicably through the air is weird tongue.gif
* Players cannot easily send items to other characters from a distance ( - )
* Players cannot trade items with players that are offline ( - )
* Mail cannot be used as extra storage when inn keeper is full ( - )
As you can see, the score seems to be about 13 to 3. Not being able to use it as extra storage goes on both lists because it is both a positive and a negative.
So, what say you!
Note: Please stay on topic. I can sense the potential here for people to go off on completely unrelated tirades; let me stress that this thread is only for the discussion of sending items via the mail; anything else will be deleted and the poster warned.
That is what the topic is about.
haha, its another: we cant fix it, so we deleted/disabled it and problem is resolved...
it'll be better to disable sending items or coins via letters and keep letter system available, I like it when humans flame me via letters when i kill them in cz :lol:
If it prevents more third party tool users then alright
Sins running out of pots is great.
Thier dual minor wastes my pots - okay I can carry 1000 souls but I'm still paying for them.
damit how am i gonna get items to an different account. this is retarded.
yea..im just really confused usually they cover it up with a boss eventhaha, its another: we cant fix it, so we deleted/disabled it and problem is resolved... [/b]
pro list full of shit <_<
lol :/ wow
Where's that know best jackass saying there was no dupe now...
rofl xDWhere's that know best jackass saying there was no dupe now...[/b]
u know honestly if this helps destroyer dupers than i don't mind it. screw letter system! (for rogues / mages... gogo paper armor +8/9/10 str set )
So useless ppl..Pissed me of..They can't fix a shit.. >.<..So simple thinks and they can not fix em ..Makes me mad !