Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Item restoration policy by K2

This is a discussion on Item restoration policy by K2 within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by eldar sry dude, i was just sarcastic, u obviously did not get that. from my own personal ...
Page: 2

Quote Originally Posted by eldar View Post
    sry dude, i was just sarcastic, u obviously did not get that.
    from my own personal experience, all what they willing to restore is your char wo any items which has been stolen. its kinda useless if u had some decent gear on it
    I can be slow sometimesxD

Random Nab Senior Member mumbojumbo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ashet View Post
    get used to the idea things get wiped. These items arent real. Eventually servers get turned off. Trading in them for USD in the final few years and with no item restoration is madness.
    Right when K2 actually started to do something for KO you guys start talking about final years ^^. Paradox much.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    why do u constantly defend k2? man i swear u are so fucking stupid, it hurts.

shit happens, people gets hacked. its not like they do it on purpose.

abuse it? u know theres something called item tracking? its not like the people in charge are going to create new items in order to compensate. if k2 was any competent it would be normal to have item restorations.

but of course, its not on their end, right? it never is, u worthless butt kisser... god i just hope somebody steals ur shit so u can see how it feels like.
    "constantlly defend k2" are you dumb?

why would i defend them?

and even if i wanted to, why would i do it here and not on the official forum? at least there a GM could see and then you could say that i defend them, ok mr retarded gayzor?

even if they will try to track it, shitloads of people will start doing the same (especially gold farmers)

they will keep making new acounts, use proxy and then traiding the items lots of time between many accounts, till it will be too hard for them to track them, and then they will restore their "lost" items while they still got them.

even retarded guy like you can do it, and thats what that happened all time.

I remember npcing my DD by mistake and then getting it back, cuz I played dumb and said it wasnt there after maintance. Somehow it worked imo, tho I got the bot when I got hacked QQ , fucking karma!
    CS will never do anything, always ask the newest gms they might care but do it before the turk spam.

I see that many of you dont have the basic knowledge of Internet , Computers and stuff .
    K2's confidence is build on % as any other large company . For them is easy to say "There is no way for you do lose accsess to your acount or all your items to be wiped and that the be our fault" simply becouse if 1 acount got hacked the whole server gonna get hacked the database is one , for them the % of this to happen is close to 0 so it becomes 0 in a argument.
    More higher % there is a chanse that its your fault , buying acounts , using unsecure Chat programs , using same Pass and ID in other forums/games using cracked anti-virus programs , or cracked programs . In every crack you put on a exe that you use there can be a spyware program that send info from your PC not to mention that people dont even know what file they open sinse Windows hides the type by defaulth , one rename to JennaJameson.jpg.exe and BOOM .
    When people say that there is no way for them to have virus becouse they use Anti-Virus programs i only put my specialy reserver ironic smile . When you have few years of working in Computer scianse , red a few heavy books , and few degrees in Coomputer Scianse and Network building you gonna know that.
    From experiance i can tell you that there is NO anti-virus program that you can rely on 100% .

Game of % afterall .

Ignore Me Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by mumbojumbo View Post
    Right when K2 actually started to do something for KO you guys start talking about final years ^^. Paradox much.
    Thats not a paradox.

Are things so great now? You would start over if you lost everything?

K2 wont restore items because they dont care if you quit. So we are obviously in the final straight with this game.

so right now k2 network has an A+ rating from the BBB.... its funny cuz the user rating is 1/5 stars LMFAO

As the % of hack thing, I understand the point of what you mean, if it is a hack then the whole server get hack? What about K2 found out about the hack while it is happening and they pull the pluck? Some infor can leak out. That's what happen to most of the big corporation, they don't LOST ALL CUSTOMER info, they lost some before they are realized that they got hack and stop it. And how do you explain that none of our information: Bank account, credit card, other important info are not lost in these calls computer hack? At this age, we are all using internet for online banking, buying/selling stuff online and yes, your information, credit cards are stored in your computer registry and I believe it is more important than your KO's account.

And for the complain on BBB, Anthenrye explained it many times, it is independent company, they don't have rights to punish Gamerfirst. They are only 3rd party company put a rating on Gamerfirst. If you want to File a complain, file here:

Home - California Department of Consumer Affairs This is California Department of Consumer Affairs, they are Government agency.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine82 View Post
    As the % of hack thing, I understand the point of what you mean, if it is a hack then the whole server get hack? What about K2 found out about the hack while it is happening and they pull the pluck? Some infor can leak out. That's what happen to most of the big corporation, they don't LOST ALL CUSTOMER info, they lost some before they are realized that they got hack and stop it. And how do you explain that none of our information: Bank account, credit card, other important info are not lost in these calls computer hack? At this age, we are all using internet for online banking, buying/selling stuff online and yes, your information, credit cards are stored in your computer registry and I believe it is more important than your KO's account.

And for the complain on BBB, Anthenrye explained it many times, it is independent company, they don't have rights to punish Gamerfirst. They are only 3rd party company put a rating on Gamerfirst. If you want to File a complain, file here:

Home - California Department of Consumer Affairs This is California Department of Consumer Affairs, they are Government agency.
    maybe coz the hacker has brain? if he would mess with your money he can get in a serious troubles.. but if he will just take some game stuff, nothing will happen

and out of all the information i have, that random hacker happen to hack my KO's account, take his time download KO and steal all my items, then take his time selling them for usd? doesn't make sense. In addition, if it is a hacker, he's already doing things illegally, what's make it different if he steal my money or information and worry about getting caught? And why going into trouble and time to hack my KO account to get the money out of it instead of hacking straight to my Credit card and other information that can turn to straight cash? And how do you explain those people that lost everything that has nothing worth of USD? This is to prove that those hackers are KO's players.
    Last edited by Wolverine82; 07-30-2010 at 11:05 AM.

Ignore Me Senior Member

What about K2 found out about the hack while it is happening and they pull the pluck? Some infor can leak out. That's what happen to most of the big corporation, they don't LOST ALL CUSTOMER info,
    This has happend before. I remember the database getting leaked it was on the web. Around the time of RoFD expansion.

The data was encoded in MD5 hash. So a hacker needed to run tools which took a long time to come up with possible passwords. The shorter a password the quicker it would be. It simply ran all possible combinations starting from min length.

K2 did not admit the file had leaked. Anyone worth hacking who didnt change their password got hacked.

Hacking now seems to go in clans. Like someone gains trust and hacks. I dont think the password file has leaked.

Yes, that was the greatest hacker time if you all remember. So many people got hack at that time, i believe it is from Knight online to Knight Empire expansion. And again, don't say that it is player's fault that we got hack.

Ignore Me Senior Member

And again, don't say that it is player's fault that we got hack.
    There is stuff you can do to reduce risk.

I dont know what fault is when everything is %.

But I do think talking about stuff you can do helps others. But also lower your care level - the game is a bit crap.

Banned

and out of all the information i have, that random hacker happen to hack my KO's account, take his time download KO and steal all my items, then take his time selling them for usd? doesn't make sense. In addition, if it is a hacker, he's already doing things illegally, what's make it different if he steal my money or information and worry about getting caught? And why going into trouble and time to hack my KO account to get the money out of it instead of hacking straight to my Credit card and other information that can turn to straight cash? And how do you explain those people that lost everything that has nothing worth of USD? This is to prove that those hackers are KO's players.
    exactlly what i said

but it still doesn't explain how your other info is not stolen? Can those same gold farmer's hacked K2? possible, since k2 come down hard in their way of income.

I don't say it is all company's fault. It is both side in some cases but K2/GM keep saying that it is the player's fault that frustrated me and not admitting the possibility that it might be their fault and doesn't have any plan to reconcile it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast