Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 102

ITS A GAME BETWEEN ME AND FESTO!!!

This is a discussion on ITS A GAME BETWEEN ME AND FESTO!!! within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally posted by Festo+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Festo)</div> <!--QuoteBegin-Haxium Why are sewer plates round ? Reasons for the shape include: * A round ...
Page: 3


  1. #31
    Haxium
    Guest

    Default

    Originally posted by Festo+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Festo)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-Haxium
    Why are sewer plates round ?
    Reasons for the shape include:

    * A round manhole cover cannot fall through its circular opening, whereas a square manhole cover may fall in if it were inserted diagonally in the aperture (A Reuleaux triangle or other curve of constant width would also serve this purpose, but round covers are much easier to manufacture.)
    * Round tubes are the strongest and most material-efficient shape against the compression of the earth around them, and so it is natural that the cover of a round tube assume a circular shape.
    * Cylindrical holes are easier to dig.
    * The bearing surfaces of manhole frames and covers are machined to assure flatness and prevent them from becoming dislodged by traffic.
    * Round castings are much easier to machine using horizontal boring mills.
    * Circular covers do not need to be rotated to align them when covering a circular manhole.
    * Human beings have a roughly circular cross-section.
    * A round manhole cover can be more easily moved by being rolled.
    * If a automobile rolls over a dislodged manhole of another shape, the sharp corners could puncture the automobile's tire, whereas a circle doesn't have corners.
    * Tradition
    * Aesthetics[/b]
    u got it

    i hope u didnt googled it!

  2. #32
    ub3rslart
    Guest

    Default

    Originally posted by Dread+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dread)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-Spinal_Tap
    Who would win in a golfing match Mike Ditka or God

    GOD ofc, he would make golden eagle every hole[/b]
    No such thing as a golden eagle

    Best score is an Albatross(<I've actually had an albatross im fucking special)

  3. #33
    Dread
    Guest

    Default

    Originally posted by ub3rslart+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ub3rslart)</div>
    Originally posted by Dread+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dread)
    <!--QuoteBegin-ub3rslart
    @
    <!--QuoteBegin-Dread

    festo can you make krepin remove his sig of that ugly ass chink ... im in school and i dont want my teacher thinking im on porn ..


    BUT...Your allowed on a gaming site.... Do your fucking work

    im waiting for the kid next to me to finish his test ... lol then ill copy it lol


    i do NOTHING in this class and have a 96 ^_^

    its accounting ... its a fuck class and our teacher dosnt care what we do ... im listening to my ipod and talking on msn and aim lol[/b]
    If she doesn't care what you do....Why do you care if she sees you in porn?[/b][/quote]



    he ... cause he lets us do anything BUT look at porn[/b]

  4. #34
    Dread
    Guest

    Default

    Originally posted by Haxium+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Haxium)</div>
    Originally posted by Festo@
    <!--QuoteBegin-Haxium

    Why are sewer plates round ?


    Reasons for the shape include:

    * A round manhole cover cannot fall through its circular opening, whereas a square manhole cover may fall in if it were inserted diagonally in the aperture (A Reuleaux triangle or other curve of constant width would also serve this purpose, but round covers are much easier to manufacture.)
    * Round tubes are the strongest and most material-efficient shape against the compression of the earth around them, and so it is natural that the cover of a round tube assume a circular shape.
    * Cylindrical holes are easier to dig.
    * The bearing surfaces of manhole frames and covers are machined to assure flatness and prevent them from becoming dislodged by traffic.
    * Round castings are much easier to machine using horizontal boring mills.
    * Circular covers do not need to be rotated to align them when covering a circular manhole.
    * Human beings have a roughly circular cross-section.
    * A round manhole cover can be more easily moved by being rolled.
    * If a automobile rolls over a dislodged manhole of another shape, the sharp corners could puncture the automobile's tire, whereas a circle doesn't have corners.
    * Tradition
    * Aesthetics
    u got it

    i hope u didnt googled it![/b]

    if festo didnt google that then damn ...


    well i guess you were right festo .. .you do know more then me but im only 17 i still have college to go to ^_^

  5. #35
    ub3rslart
    Guest

    Default

    Originally posted by Dread+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dread)</div>
    Originally posted by ub3rslart+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ub3rslart)
    Originally posted by Dread
    <!--QuoteBegin-ub3rslart
    @
    <!--QuoteBegin-Dread

    festo can you make krepin remove his sig of that ugly ass chink ... im in school and i dont want my teacher thinking im on porn ..


    BUT...Your allowed on a gaming site.... Do your fucking work



    im waiting for the kid next to me to finish his test ... lol then ill copy it lol


    i do NOTHING in this class and have a 96 ^_^

    its accounting ... its a fuck class and our teacher dosnt care what we do ... im listening to my ipod and talking on msn and aim lol
    Then he does care what you do.
    If she doesn't care what you do....Why do you care if she sees you in porn?[/b]


    he ... cause he lets us do anything BUT look at porn[/b][/b][/quote]

  6. #36
    Dread
    Guest

    Default

    Originally posted by ub3rslart+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ub3rslart)</div>
    Originally posted by Dread@
    <!--QuoteBegin-Spinal_Tap

    Who would win in a golfing match Mike Ditka or God



    GOD ofc, he would make golden eagle every hole
    No such thing as a golden eagle

    Best score is an Albatross(<I've actually had an albatross im fucking special)[/b]

    in america we call it a golden eagle which is a whole in one ...

  7. #37
    ub3rslart
    Guest

    Default

    Originally posted by Dread+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dread)</div>
    Originally posted by ub3rslart+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ub3rslart)
    Originally posted by Dread
    <!--QuoteBegin-ub3rslart
    @
    <!--QuoteBegin-Dread

    festo can you make krepin remove his sig of that ugly ass chink ... im in school and i dont want my teacher thinking im on porn ..


    BUT...Your allowed on a gaming site.... Do your fucking work



    im waiting for the kid next to me to finish his test ... lol then ill copy it lol


    i do NOTHING in this class and have a 96 ^_^

    its accounting ... its a fuck class and our teacher dosnt care what we do ... im listening to my ipod and talking on msn and aim lol
    Then he does care what you do.
    If she doesn't care what you do....Why do you care if she sees you in porn?[/b]


    he ... cause he lets us do anything BUT look at porn[/b][/b][/quote]

  8. #38
    ub3rslart
    Guest

    Default

    Originally posted by Dread+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dread)</div>
    Originally posted by ub3rslart+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ub3rslart)
    <!--QuoteBegin-Dread
    @
    <!--QuoteBegin-Spinal_Tap

    Who would win in a golfing match Mike Ditka or God



    GOD ofc, he would make golden eagle every hole
    No such thing as a golden eagle

    Best score is an Albatross(<I've actually had an albatross im fucking special)[/b]

    in america we call it a golden eagle which is a whole in one ...[/b][/quote]

    Americans are fucked in the head

  9. #39
    Haxium
    Guest

    Default

    Why did they build the Eiffel Tower ?

  10. #40
    Dread
    Guest

    Default

    Originally posted by ub3rslart+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ub3rslart)</div>
    Originally posted by Dread+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dread)
    Originally posted by ub3rslart
    <!--QuoteBegin-Dread
    @
    <!--QuoteBegin-Spinal_Tap

    Who would win in a golfing match Mike Ditka or God



    GOD ofc, he would make golden eagle every hole


    No such thing as a golden eagle

    Best score is an Albatross(<I've actually had an albatross im fucking special)

    in america we call it a golden eagle which is a whole in one ...[/b]
    Americans are fucked in the head[/b][/quote]


    lol, aussies are fucked in the head


    just as easy to say that as it is to say americans are fucked ...

    why we so "fucked in the head" but you aussies arnt?

  11. #41
    Senior Member festo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,820

    Default

    Originally posted by Haxium
    Why did they build the Effeil Tower ?
    Something to do with the revolution or something dont remember

  12. #42
    Dread
    Guest

    Default

    gotta stop spamming for about ... 5 minutes ... gotta copy this kids test

  13. #43
    Haxium
    Guest

    Default

    Originally posted by Festo+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Festo)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-Haxium
    Why did they build the Effeil Tower ?
    Something to do with the revolution or something dont remember[/b]
    It has been build for the Universal Exposition (a big event to show all new technologies).

    They were supposed to destroy it right after but they didn't. (it took them 21 months to build it).

  14. #44
    Senior Member giga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    The Win
    Posts
    5,845

    Default

    Originally posted by Haxium+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Haxium)</div>
    Originally posted by Dread@
    <!--QuoteBegin-Haxium

    Why are sewer plates round ?



    because when trucks run over them they dont bounce up because its like equal pressure on the whole plate
    Wrong, its so they can't fall into the hole and fall on ppl that work in the sewer.

    Take a square plate, if you turn it on the good side, you can drop it into the hole, you can't with a round one.[/b]
    they are round so that trucks dont fall in and hit the people working in the sewer?

  15. #45
    Haxium
    Guest

    Default

    Originally posted by giga+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(giga)</div>
    Originally posted by Haxium+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Haxium)
    <!--QuoteBegin-Dread
    @
    <!--QuoteBegin-Haxium

    Why are sewer plates round ?



    because when trucks run over them they dont bounce up because its like equal pressure on the whole plate
    Wrong, its so they can't fall into the hole and fall on ppl that work in the sewer.

    Take a square plate, if you turn it on the good side, you can drop it into the hole, you can't with a round one.[/b]
    they are round so that trucks dont fall in and hit the people working in the sewer?[/b][/quote]

    ye

    well, no. Plates, not trucks

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •